You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If John Henry isn't moving Heaven and eart to convince Jürgen to extend  his current contract by several more years then his head should be on a spike atop The Paisley Gates.

Surely Henry is astute enough to realise that the relative glory in which he basks, and the monetary value of the club itself is absolutely 100% linked to Kloppo's continuance.

If Jürgen does leave then Henry will become a deeply, deeply unpopular man.

3 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

If John Henry isn't moving Heaven and eart to convince Jürgen to extend  his current contract by several more years then his head should be on a spike atop The Paisley Gates.

Surely Henry is astute enough to realise that the relative glory in which he basks, and the monetary value of the club itself is absolutely 100% linked to Kloppo's continuance.

If klopp got to the point where emotionally he doesn't want to be here and he's here because henry has been able to thrown some irresistible contract at him, then perhaps we don't get the same klopp. Of course we all want klopp to stay, but I think it has to be on his terms. 

• Upvote 2

Klopp was saying in the run up to Wembley how draining he found last season. 

If he stays, absolutely brilliant. If he leaves, I’m sure it’s his choice and all the best to him. 9 seasons is unheard of these days. 

Given we all missed a year due to COVID19, I’d hope he’d give another year, but I’d respect his decision either way. 

59 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

That’s all well and good, but if the man wants a break then that’s that. He goes. Henry is extremely astute and will know the worth of the club with and without Klopp. But if Klopp wants to leave in 2024, which he has confirmed he does as it stands, then there is nothing anyone can do.

We thank him for what he gave us, and we move on with no blame and anger. Just very very happy memories. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

He's that now, and will always be that to some. Klopp deciding to walk away at the end of his contract shouldn't be one of those reasons though.

If anything, I'm slightly more positive that he might renew after seeing that clip. Basically, he's saying  that the plan is 2024 but he'll decide at the time depending on whether he's still got the energy and enthusiasm for the job.  Previously the hint was that he was going to be taking some kind of break after his contract ended. 

• Upvote 3

He wasn't saying he'd want a break at all. He was saying he'd jib football off for good.

It may have been in the main presser.

Also, when asked before or after Norwich, he said he's not sure. Pre West Ham, he then intimated that was a mistake because its better to say 2024 and change his mind than give false hope.

He said this in an interview with Dominic King last week before the cup final, so I’m hopeful he will find it very difficult to walk away. 

‘I have always been appreciative about things,’ says Klopp. ‘I really don’t take it for granted but playing in an empty stadium was a tough one. I’m an emotional coach, we are an emotional team; we are an emotional club. We are not like a little bit here, a little bit there. We need this extra bit.

‘The atmosphere, for example, sometimes is not that good in a stadium. That doesn’t really happen for us, but if it is you think: “why was it like that?” But if you have no atmosphere, you take each atmosphere from that point.’

Does he love football more than ever before?

Yes, that’s true,’ he replies in a flash. ‘That is how it is.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10552467/Liverpool-coach-Jurgen-Klopp-opens-injuries-stadiums-worst-champions-ever.html

I drew some positivity from the statement that went some thing like...

"What we are doing right now is building for the future. It is not important what happens beyond 2024. It is important what we are doing right now."

He is not really thinking as an individual - as someone considering their legacy. He is considering the future of the club.

It's proper visionary management and leadership.

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

That’s all well and good, but if the man wants a break then that’s that. He goes. Henry is extremely astute and will know the worth of the club with and without Klopp. But if Klopp wants to leave in 2024, which he has confirmed he does as it stands, then there is nothing anyone can do.

We thank him for what he gave us, and we move on with no blame and anger. Just very very happy memories. 

Spot on. The wail and king's article is a disgrace and purely to ramp up anger.

It's ok people saying FSG should be in Jurgen's ear all the time but what if he says ask me once more and I'll say Im off? If someone's always in your ear saying stuff when you've said Im not up for discuss right now, it pisses you off. Well it does me.

End of the day, if Jurgen says 2024 is the end for me here, I'll be gutted. The man will leave with my utmost admiration, thanks and best wishes for his future.

Im not going to be on about FSG not having done enough to keep him because I think they will have done everything. Jurgen's not about money. He drives an Insignia for fuck's sake.

I doubt he'll stay but I desprately hope he will, even if it's just for a couple more years. It'll be like when Shanks left - it's not just the manager you'll miss, it's the atmosphere that he generated as well. There are a few things FSG could at least offer as a means of keeping him - no summer tour, for example (Klopp hates them, epecially for the damage they do to his pre-season training plans) That woulld be a commercial loss but it would surely be more appealing to him than some massive rise in salary.

If the owners want to keep him they need to be saying he can bring in Bellingham or another young talent (Fuck knows why we aren't one of the front runners for Haaland) and show him how committed they would be to another 6/7 years. 

Mbappe, Haaland, Bellingham…………?
Jurgen is the best signing we could make.

If he were to agree to stay on until, say, 2027, then that type of calibre of player would be more attracted to coming here than to most other clubs I believe.

But with him not here, I doubt any of them would want to come to a club transitioning between managers, particularly to one who is unlikely to be as good as the one that’s just left.

Unless it’s Guardiola who comes in?

(dons tin hat!)

8 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

There's obviously a contract offer on standby. Klopp is the one who is deciding his future, not the club.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

That is the same with Salah if you look at it that way. Not sure if Klopper is the best paid manager in the world, but he should be. I would bet the contract on offer doesn't reflect that.

I don't think he cares about being the highest paid manager in the world.