You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I love him.  He’s been absolute brilliant for the club and the team.   I’m not old enough to remember Shanks appointment or Sir Bob taking the reigns but the way he’s changed the whole club is fantastic.   He’s a fucking awesome manager and an even more awesome human being.   Wish he’d stay forever.   

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Right up there with Shankly and Paisley. Making us win things despite competing with financially doped clubs. 

Great manager, great man.

Yep, nigh on impossible to mix the ‘great fella’ and ‘great manager’ roles, especially in the modern game. 

He is the best thing to happen to our football club in a good while.

Has transformed us totally and on top of that is clearly a thoroughly decent man and he absolutely gets us.

He makes good players better and makes a good team better and i wouldn't swap him for anybody right now.

• Upvote 2

On 27/02/2022 at 22:41, dockers_strike said:

Love the man. He's up there with Bill, Bob, Joe and Kenny. His is probably the toughest task as he not only has to battle 2 mega rich clubs at home, but also a couple abroad.

He celebrates trophy wins like a fan.

Definitely the toughest task since Shankly, and it’s not even close. Take this season for instance - there’s a massive chance we’ll once again finish with a points total none of the others could have achieved in a 38 game, 3 points for a win season and be denied the title, possibly by as little as a point or two thanks to Manchester refs making scandalous decisions in Manchester matches.

• Upvote 2

Really hoping this gives him that little bit of an extra nudge to push for every trophy available in future after seeing how much this one meant to the players and the fans. 

I think the turning point was the Leicester game, started it with a fairly weakened team but seeing the players fight and Anfields atmosphere being incredible he thought fuck it they deserve to see us win this. 

Not only is he the greatest manager of his generation, but it also feels like destiny that he managed us. He's so ideologically perfect for the people of Liverpool. I feel an immense sense of pride that he represents us.

I honestly think he's the world's greatest leader as well. I think he'd be the best CEO of a Fortune 500 company if that's what he chose to do with his life. He has this unbelievable way about him that you can't manufacture. He galvanises people and creates an atmosphere of togetherness. Ferguson and Mourinho did as well, but they did it through intimidation and convincing the players that everyone was against them. Jurgen does it with love. He's a literal Jedi. 

• Upvote 13

15 minutes ago, m0e said:

First time I've heard him talk at length about his contract since he signed it.

This is after the main presser, from "the embargo section".

Dom King in the Wail trying to deflect heat on everton by saying Klopp "confirms he will not be extending his contract" at Anfield. He didnt say that of course, just that he's not thinking about it right now.

23 minutes ago, m0e said:

First time I've heard him talk at length about his contract since he signed it.

This is after the main presser, from "the embargo section".

He will never get it better than right here, right now. This is his dream job. 

• Upvote 1

He’s definitely going in 2024. He’s too emotional to be able to sustain something like this over a decade or more. He’ll need a break and then come back in a different league at a similar-ish club. I.e. not a petro-club or one with no heart. It’ll be hard to find. 

There’s been talk of the German job but his style of football is very club based as it requires time for getting your players physically, emotionally and tactically all on the same page. Very hard to do that when you only have players for a week and they’ve all been playing different tactics with their clubs. 

Its going to be hard for the club and players when he leaves. Even if it’s an internal appointment I think we’ll have a poor season and the new manager will need to be allowed that. You don’t lose someone of that calibre and personality without it having a negative effect. 

Anyway. 2 seasons after this one to go. So lets just enjoy them. Unless it goes wrong in which case we sack the cunt. 

• Upvote 5