You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

Not if a large part of tbe fee is based on him staying fit its not

What like £45m and wages depending on appearances? Like either party would go for that.

If someone fails a medical that should be the end of it especially if a second opinion has been sought.

No one will ever get to the bottom of this.

Just remember Liverpool allowed him to pick a number before he signed. Then allowed him to do publicity interviews before he signed and then to take pictures with him in the red shirt before he signed.

Why stop at Fekir we could do this with Messi or Neymar.

Fuck yes.

• Downvote 1

Don't like that last line

That better not be option 2 behind Fekir

Maybe we get somrone like Malcolm for under 40 amd use the rest to go all out for a keeper265876bfa1bbf9875bf9c3c5094b2a0b.jpg

Nah, Simon was mentioned as another option for the forward signing if we don’t go ahead with Shakiri I reckon, mate.

I’d be more concerned we won’t sign anyone instead of Fekir this summer now, if Klopp feels the right player isn’t available (not that that’s more of a problem than us carelessly spunking the cash on any old cunt a la Balotelli, because obviously it isn’t. Just that the whole turn of events would deprive us of a position that needs to be strengthened, and, once again, we’d be left without what we need going into a new season).

With Lallana basically missing all of last season but having this summer off from the World Cup to get a full pre-season in, I could more see it being Klopp’s way to view him as “a new signing” in that position, and go back to the drawing board on alternative signings for January and beyond if we can’t identify the right man now.

Hopefully they have a back-up option they can move straight onto, as anything like the above would be a massive anticlimax.

Nah, Simon was mentioned as another option for the forward signing if we don’t go ahead with Shakiri I reckon, mate.

I’d be more concerned we won’t sign anyone instead of Fekir this summer now, if Klopp feels the right player isn’t available (not that that’s more of a problem than us carelessly spunking the cash on any old cunt a la Balotelli, because obviously it isn’t. Just that the whole turn of events would deprive us of a position that needs to be strengthened, and, once again, we’d be left without what we need going into a new season).

With Lallana basically missing all of last season but having this summer off from the World Cup to get a full pre-season in, I could more see it being Klopp’s way to view him as “a new signing” in that position, and go back to the drawing board on alternative signings for January and beyond if we can’t identify the right man for now.

Hopefully they have a back-up option they can move straight onto, as anything like the above would be a massive anticlimax.

Guess we'll see

Maybe we throw more money at a keeper or winger if we don't sign a AM

Guess we'll see

Maybe we throw more money at a keeper or winger if we don't sign a AM

I’d like to think we would choose boxing off the goalkeeping position if, for example, we left signing a number 10 for future windows due to unsuitable backup options (in the manager’s eyes).

We’ve been comprehensively ticking off various positions under Klopp, and if we can’t tick off both keeper and AM this summer, would hope we at least do so in one of them.

All completely hypothetical, isn’t it. Who knows if we would ever spend £80-£90M on a keeper, even if every other position was covered and we had the funds?

Yes we did all that to deliberately not sign him. Just for shits and giggles. Fucking hell.

Did I say we did?

How about, and here's just a thought. You do all of that, only after he's put pen to paper.

Call me old fashioned like.

Disappointed as I am that this hasn’t come off (although I do harbour suspicions that it still might) I wouldn’t be too disappointed if we used the money towards landing the top goalkeeper target instead.

That said it’s highly arguable that we are still a bit light in midfield not knowing how long Ox is out for, and to be honest I’d get rid of Lallana as he’s about as much use as a chocolate teapot nowadays. That leaves Hendo, Gini, Milner, Fabinho and Keita as the 3 from 5 options come August. Add Grujic to the list at a push, although I think he may go permanently or back to Cardiff for a season loan.

We still need a forward too, can’t bank on all 3 staying fit or not giving them proper rotation next year.

We can wing it without a CB. It worked OK.this year. Add the MF additions it’s not too bad.

We cannot manage with no new keeper.

Would you rather start. Oblak. VVD, Lovren or Karius, VVD, New CB.

Both line ups have someone who will let you down time and again.  Lovren has actually proved that the most.  At least Karius might actually improve.

Wonder who will be our next "Coutinho replacement" target? Seeing that most of the decent players now are in Russia for the WC I doubt we'll sign anyone the next 30 days.

That leaves us with just the last month, until the window closes super early, a couple days before the PL kicks off, to sign someone.

Didnt Klopp state that he wanted to do business early this window? If anything we'll do our final business late this summer.

Good point, I'm thinking whatever forced the transfer off was totally unexpected and maybe was out of our control.

Possibly, but it doesn't change the fact that it makes us (and Lyon as well to be fair) look like amateurs.

So we should have made our assessment of his fitness before we had the medical then?

"Yeah pal, she runs great - some of this stuff here can be Bondo'ed".

No, but we should've not let him pick a number, not let him do publicity shots in an LFC kit & not let him do publicity interviews until he'd signed.

I don't think that's rocket science.

I find it weird that you do the media stuff before the medical is signed off. Surely medical is first on the list.

If it is a failed medical then I feel sorry for the player.

We are absolutely right to swerve though, we have too many crocks and I am actually surprised we even bothered going in for him.

However, it does seem a bit fishy and I reckon he may still end up here. Aulas is mad.