You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Interesting Comments from Carra...

an tha

It's a special kind of stupid that films himself breaking the law then gives it to a national newspaper. Although I hear the police won't be prosecuting, as everyone probably wants the story to die a death.

The smart thing to do would have been to quietly "sell" the footage to Carra's agent. But that wouldn't have enabled him to try and get a Scouser sacked, would it.

Couldn't have put it better myself. All these manc fans from Dagenham, Gloucestershire and Ireland telling everyone how much they hate scousers but have never had any dealing with any their entire lives. Cunts.

Worked on a big job with a few hundred irish lads. Most supported us and pretty much all of them including the united fans were dead sound. However,two or three went on like they born in Salford and personally lost members of their family in munich. As you say the worst offenders for the scouse jibes are out of towners but i guess it can be the same with us too.

A lot of the old school mancs are alright. I go back to the 70s and 80s and saw serious agro but the bile gets to me way worse with all these keyboard warriors. The dad looks like one of them.

So a heavy suspension but should be back with Sky doing punditry for next season. 

You reckon ?

They will have new recruit by then and Jamie will be put out to grass or given one of the slots on the Stelling circus where he has to chat shite with Merson and jump out of his seat because Stoke missed a penalty

You reckon ?

They will have new recruit by then and Jamie will be put out to grass or given one of the slots on the Stelling circus where he has to chat shite with Merson and jump out of his seat because Stoke missed a penalty

Tend to agree. His position is pretty much untenable as a Sky pundit. How can he objectively critique players as part of his job when he has been called out for a lack of composure in a non pressure situation.

I certainly hope he comes back, he made a mistake and it's right that Sky address that, but I think they'll want him back. He and Neville are easily their best pundits with both having a really good understanding of the game, are tactically astute (especially at the defensive side of the game) and pretty measured in what they say. He would be badly missed when you see the blandness of Redknapp, and just how utterly boring Thierry Henry is. BT have hoovered up the best of the other pundits with Stevie, Ferdinand and Lampard.

You reckon ?

I'd have thought if he was getting sacked they'd have done it by now and not gone down the road of doing the public apology on sky news and then a heavy suspension. 

I don't watch sky and hate all that analysis crap,particularly when its delivered by people who know no more than the average supporter and you pay a premium to listen to their garbage. As for Carragher,a suspension and end of season's review is a fair way of doing it compared to other people employed by the company. He's been stupid,is being punished and it will move on.

I don't watch sky and hate all that analysis crap,particularly when its delivered by people who know no more than the average supporter and you pay a premium to listen to their garbage. As for Carragher,a suspension and end of season's review is a fair way of doing it compared to other people employed by the company. He's been stupid,is being punished and it will move on.

Seriously! 

The average fan knows fuck all - even the worse football pundit knows more than the average fan. We wouldn't employ that logic in any other industry/sector/situation - I really don't understand the logic in applying it to football. 

And intelligence is not demonstrated by your eloquence, academic record or business acumen. They absorb tactics and execute decisions within seconds, on the pitch. They know far more than we do. 

• Upvote 1

I'd have thought if he was getting sacked they'd have done it by now and not gone down the road of doing the public apology on sky news and then a heavy suspension. 

They've just kicked the can down the road which seems to be the done thing these days, I dont think it means anything in terms of being re-instated as a pundit, How could he ever criticise players behaviour again after this incident, It may have been a momentary lapse but it will cost him his role as one of Sky's main pundits,  I don't see what he did as any better or worse than the two muppets Keys and Gray,