You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

I've been saying the same thing for months but noone wants to accept they facts.Klopp does not have a track record of signing top players, the dof signed the players at Dortmund and the committee is still playing a big part at LFC.

I'm concerned about what will happen at LFC regarding transfers and I've given a good reason for my concerns, maybe Klopp did play a big part developing the players at Dortmund but most of them look top class to me and most managers would have done well with them.

As for you saying you thought this is a transfer thread, I'm talking about transfers and comments Klopp made today.Have I missed the rules of this forum ot something? Are we only allowed to talk about Klopp if it is positive and Rodgers if it is putting him down?

Repped for being vaguely about transfers and almost not mentioning Rodgers. A marked improvement.

• Upvote 1

Repped for being vaguely about transfers and almost not mentioning Rodgers. A marked improvement.

As I started reading that post I knew, absolutely knew, that somewhere along the line he would bring Rodgers into it.  Simply to echo cloggy's startlingy accurate riposte :

blah blah Rodgers.

Long may the shite flow continue !

http://www.espnfc.com/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/2919268/jurgen-klopp-must-boost-liverpool

Patience will have to be shown. That was always easier said than done within Anfield. If supporters knew the club was doing all it could to back its manager, that would make season 2016-17 and the tests of patience to come more tolerable.squad-to-avoid-mutiny-in-the-air-at-anfield

The comments below that Kelly article are hilarious.

Any writer these days who does not say everything is great at Liverpool is jumped on. Even the echo writer got pelters and the kids on twitter accused him of an agenda against Sakho and he was barefaced lying; all because he said Sakho had been sent home due to disciplinary reasons.

Klopp on the transfer committee: "I don’t think it makes sense that you give one person the whole power, that’s why we have democracy."

So Klopp is using the same strategy as at Dortmund, as I've said before lets hope Klopp was turning water to wine and not that Zorc was providing him with top players.

Cunt.

http://www.espnfc.com/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/2919268/jurgen-klopp-must-boost-liverpool

Patience will have to be shown. That was always easier said than done within Anfield. If supporters knew the club was doing all it could to back its manager, that would make season 2016-17 and the tests of patience to come more tolerable.squad-to-avoid-mutiny-in-the-air-at-anfield

The comments below that Kelly article are hilarious.

Any writer these days who does not say everything is great at Liverpool is jumped on. Even the echo writer got pelters and the kids on twitter accused him of an agenda against Sakho and he was barefaced lying; all because he said Sakho had been sent home due to disciplinary reasons.

I agree, Denny. Klopp's running out of excuses quickly and he'll be lucky to see October at the helm.

Klopp on the transfer committee: "I don’t think it makes sense that you give one person the whole power, that’s why we have democracy."

So Klopp is using the same strategy as at Dortmund, as I've said before lets hope Klopp was turning water to wine and not that Zorc was providing him with top players.

What about this part:

Take advice from your team around of course, l like this. I’m how you say far away from being (a) genius so I need advice from other people but the decision at the end, it’s always alone. You have to decide alone.”

Did you just decide to ignore 95% of the man's comment because it doesn't suit you or did you just get too excited to read any further?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-any-more-liverpool-signings-11674365

It's now blindingly obvious that Klopp is not only fully on board with the FSG transfer and development model, he's more on board than they are. This is genuine long term management he's talking about in refusing to buy a player if the one he wants isn't available. The other thing to mention is that we've all been so horrified by Moreno that we assumed Chigwell was coming in as first choice; hence the legion of bewildered posts about targeting an untried 19 year old. However, this surely proves that Klopp still feel there's plenty to work with in Moreno and that he has no problem with him as our left back.

Bottom line with all this: all our eggs are well and truly in the Klopp basket. His track record suggests that's not a bad basket to put them in. However, if he thought Anfield was a bit wobbly last season, he won't know what's hit him if we have a big dip in the autumn after a transfer window like this one. There are many differences between Liverpool and Dortmund, but the biggest is the level of expectation here from the fans and if you spurn the chance to sign top class players when you have the resources available, you're basically igniting the fuse on a bomb of dissatisfaction that will blow up in your face if things do not improve quickly from the years of mediocrity.

That's a brave and confident position to adopt and it makes me like Klopp even more. However, that does not mean it's anywhere near guaranteed to work. Certainly, I predict some very angry fans, very early in the new season.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If Klopp isn't the answer, I dread to think what the question is. We have one of the best managers in the world, if we start getting shirty with him, getting at him and asking for him to be sacked, where the fuck do we go from there?

• Upvote 9

If Klopp isn't the answer, I dread to think what the question is. We have one of the best managers in the world, if we start getting shirty with him, getting at him and asking for him to be sacked, where the fuck do we go from there?

Oh, I agree. You can see it happening though, can't you?

It's now blindingly obvious that Klopp is not only fully on board with the FSG transfer and development model, he's more on board than they are. This is genuine long term management he's talking about in refusing to buy a player if the one he wants isn't available. The other thing to mention is that we've all been so horrified by Moreno that we assumed Chigwell was coming in as first choice; hence the legion of bewildered posts about targeting an untried 19 year old. However, this surely proves that Klopp still feel there's plenty to work with in Moreno and that he has no problem with him as our left back.

Bottom line with all this: all our eggs are well and truly in the Klopp basket. His track record suggests that's not a bad basket to put them in. However, if he thought Anfield was a bit wobbly last season, he won't know what's hit him if we have a big dip in the autumn after a transfer window like this one. There are many differences between Liverpool and Dortmund, but the biggest is the level of expectation here from the fans and if you spurn the chance to sign top class players when you have the resources available, you're basically igniting the fuse on a bomb of dissatisfaction that will blow up in your face if things do not improve quickly from the years of mediocrity.

That's a brave and confident position to adopt and it makes me like Klopp even more. However, that does not mean it's anywhere near guaranteed to work. Certainly, I predict some very angry fans, very early in the new season.

You can remove KLopp from that post and replace it with Houllier or Benitez.

And so it goes....and so it goes

The other thought that occurs is that this is very, very similar to the Arsenal model under Wenger when they were paying for their new stadium.

Well Wenger did manage to keep them in the CL each season, even though they continue to 'do an Arsenal' in it every year. Without a Sheik or Russian Oligarch, while the PL turns a blind eye to that form of cheating, well Klopp is our best chance.

If Klopp fails then we all need to pack our bags and go home. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Oh, I agree. You can see it happening though, can't you?

Yeah, I can. I dunno, Paul. I've been supporting Liverpool for 30 years, and maybe it's me getting older, but it's just not fun in the same way it used to be. Not because of winning or losing, not because of money spent, but because I feel like the group of supporters don't support anymore. It used to be 'ah, you get that vibe on the internet' but really, it's people. People in this country seem to have lose all sense of patience or building or dignity. It's all Sky Generation in football and Sky News in politics.

So yeah, I can see it. It's a shame, because Klopp is excellent. A quality manager and a quality guy. Getting in his back would be the end of the club. I swear, our reverse metamorphosis into Everton would be complete. The minute we sack that guy for not performing is the day we really understand we're not the belle of the ball anymore.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I can. I dunno, Paul. I've been supporting Liverpool for 30 years, and maybe it's me getting older, but it's just not fun in the same way it used to be. Not because of winning or losing, not because of money spent, but because I feel like the group of supporters don't support anymore. It used to be 'ah, you get that vibe on the internet' but really, it's people. People in this country seem to have lose all sense of patience or building or dignity. It's all Sky Generation in football and Sky News in politics.

So yeah, I can see it. It's a shame, because Klopp is excellent. A quality manager and a quality guy. Getting in his back would be the end of the club. I swear, our reverse metamorphosis into Everton would be complete. The minute we sack that guy for not performing is the day we really understand we're not the belle of the ball anymore.

Excellent post, totally agree.

• Upvote 1

Quite agree mate going to the game used to be fun,win lose or draw,Shanks won fuck all in the late sixties but I can't remember anyone wanting him out.We were a working class club with a team that gave 100 per cent as did the manager,you can't ask for more in my book.

I think people are struggling to support a franchise.

Football has always had a certain amount of romance and Liverpool more than most.

Are we building profit for fsg or a football team to win things.

When the pendulum swings to far this is what you get.

When the club is constantly referred to as a business don't be surprised when supporters act like customers.

The frustration should we underpeform will be directed at the owners mainly.

• Upvote 1