Quantcast
Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader? - Page 958 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

8 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

So Peston is full of shit as well, who'd have thunk it?

I'm more convinced than ever that atheism is one of the keys to saving this planet!

It is the key.

Back to this election again how has the Labour party allowed every single day to be kicked off with the Brexit anti-Semitism narrative ?it is not as if there isn't enough material out there with Boris's past to actually have to make it up go on the attack ffs. Actually bounced out of house this morning after watching BBC coffee hut in Wales interviewing voters and not one mention of Brexit all about environment and NHS . Then this groundhog Day shit again.

39 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The Rabbi can have whatever view he wants, but the way that the BBC website has had it on the top of its homepage ever since it was released is... cunty. 

That's the point. There's no doubt there's a very small antisemitic element in the Labour party as there is in the Tory party. I'd argue the latter prevalence seems to be more mainstream. However the way the media is reporting this is not unsurprisingly unbalanced. Racist PM, fine, Tory holocaust denier candidate, fine.

Given the Rabbi's pro Israel and pro Tory stance he's hardly being objective here which barely seems to get a mention.

Criticism of the Israeli governments actions is entirely legitimate given that a large minority of Israeli citizens don't support their behaviour.

• Upvote 1

• Sunday 9 November 2014 01:00

Labour funding crisis: Jewish donors drop 'toxic' Ed Miliband

The leader's 'principled' stance on Palestine deters backers, forcing party 'to go to unions with begging

Not putting the whole article up but this is near the end...

Last week, the actress Maureen Lipman (below) announced that she was ending five decades of support for the Labour Party over its new foreign policy.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-funding-crisis-jewish-donors-drop-toxic-ed-miliband-9849299.html

Listening to the radio this morning they had some Jewish bloke on who claimed Corbyn was AS due to his endorsement of that dodgy mural of 2 obviously Jewish guys trampling over the backs of the poor and the fact that he has steadfastly ignored the Jewish Council an done nothing to improve the situation with them.

That mural was very dodgy... it was immediately apparent to me that it was AS... it was directly out of some Goebbels propaganda poster circa 1942.. I fail to see how Corbyn didn't immediately recognise it as such

Re the Jewish Council he met them April last year and promised to organise another meeting a little later... they never heard back from him. This smacks of lousy leadership to me. The mural I can't explain... I really don't think he's AS but is he really that naive and/or stupid? I don't know

Either way it's all very poor, indeed

It goes without saying that the Rabbi is deffo a bad Tory and the Tories are almost certainly worse than Lab re Islamophobia and all round racism but it's still absolutely shit

Guardian has just put in an article that the Chief Rabbi is "a staunch supporter of Tottenham Hotspur football club."

Fuck off. That's the last straw for me Clive.

1 hour ago, mattyq said:

Listening to the radio this morning they had some Jewish bloke on who claimed Corbyn was AS due to his endorsement of that dodgy mural of 2 obviously Jewish guys trampling over the backs of the poor and the fact that he has steadfastly ignored the Jewish Council an done nothing to improve the situation with them.

That mural was very dodgy... it was immediately apparent to me that it was AS... it was directly out of some Goebbels propaganda poster circa 1942.. I fail to see how Corbyn didn't immediately recognise it as such

Re the Jewish Council he met them April last year and promised to organise another meeting a little later... they never heard back from him. This smacks of lousy leadership to me. The mural I can't explain... I really don't think he's AS but is he really that naive and/or stupid? I don't know

Either way it's all very poor, indeed

It goes without saying that the Rabbi is deffo a bad Tory and the Tories are almost certainly worse than Lab re Islamophobia and all round racism but it's still absolutely shit

He didn’t endorse anything, so I have to presume the rest of your post is a bit iffy as well

53 minutes ago, moof said:

He didn’t endorse anything, so I have to presume the rest of your post is a bit iffy as well

Didn't he defend the mural and later apologized for it?

He questioned why the mural was to be whitewashed and certainly supported the artist saying "He was in good company."

Apparently without actually looking at the mural

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He questioned why the mural was to be whitewashed and certainly supported the artist saying "He was in good company."

Apparently without actually looking at the mural

I am pretty sure you know very little about him and you may not have your finger on the pulse of British politics.

Just a guess based on your posting past.

8 minutes ago, moof said:

I am pretty sure you know very little about him and you may not have your finger on the pulse of British politics.

Just a guess based on your posting past.

Mate -- it is what happened - he himself has said it.

"I sincerely regret that I did not look more closely at the image I was commenting on, the contents of which are deeply disturbing and anti-Semitic."

Never go full TK.

Imagine if Corbyn was actually AS.

He'd be toast.  A few million like me, WASP Labour voters, would be disgusted and walk away from the party unless they changed their leader.  

But he's not.

So I'm not walking away.

And the party isn't dumping him.

And it's polling well.

And it's growing.

And Jews are supporting him. 

And Muslims are supporting him.

And the black community is supporting him.

And the working class are supporting him.

And the doctors and nurses are supporting him.

And the teachers are supporting him.

And economists are supporting him.

It feels great to support him.