You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

I think its an uphill battle, especially with the "lefty BBC", so Lefty that i can see Iain Duncan-Smith say "and you have Jeremy Corbyn, who wants to do genuine harm to this country" on primetime news, and not be called out for it....I think it was Kuennsberg who interviewed him, who is in no way biased....because she said so, and Nick Robinson.....fuck off...

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Careful, now - suggesting that an obvious smear campaign should be called out for what it is is the kind of talk that got Chris Williamson into bother in the first place. 

Still no comment on Lansman? He thinks Williamson shouldn’t be allowed back in.  What’s his agenda? 

9 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

What should he do exactly?  Brexit is an impossible problem for the two main parties due to them both having millions of supporters who have completely opposite views. The only realistic way forward is to keep allowing the tories to implode. 

We are four months away from the latest Brexit deadline. Boris won't get a better deal and won't be allowed to leave with no deal, so what then? Either a general election or a second referendum. If its a general election then how many people will vote to keep the man in charge who has failed to deliver Brexit? I can honestly see Boris losing both the election and his seat at the next GE. The Lib Dems will pull back a lot of the seats they lost in 2015 in strong remain areas, and The Brexit Party will probably get some seats in Strong Leave areas, but as we saw in Peterborough recently most people don't vote for a party on one issue. 

He should come out for the option that won’t destroy the country and the people he’s supposed to care about.  Talk about a Pyrrhic victory. 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

He should come out for the option that won’t destroy the country and the people he’s supposed to care about.  Talk about a Pyrrhic victory. 

You shouldn’t have voted for a referendum then, should you. It’s very easy to tell others what they should be doing, but when it came down to it you voted for it. Why? Because you were voting for the people you care about. Yourself. How is that working out for you? 

Yeah, I’m sure he will get straight on listening to your advice. 

• Upvote 3

Len McCluskey wants a general election, but if no election would favour a public confirmatory vote on any deal. 

He was always opposed to a second vote, seems a significant shift to me.

Fundamentally opposed to a no deal, seems to be the reason for the shift. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Still no comment on Lansman? He thinks Williamson shouldn’t be allowed back in.  What’s his agenda? 

Don't know.  Don't care.

Just as I'll never know every tiniest bit of LFC gossip as well as an obsessed Bitter, I'll never follow the minutiae of Labour Party he-said-she-said tittle-tattle as closely as you do.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Don't know.  Don't care.

Just as I'll never know every tiniest bit of LFC gossip as well as an obsessed Bitter, I'll never follow the minutiae of Labour Party he-said-she-said tittle-tattle as closely as you do.

Ha ha ha.  Fucking brilliant.  

22 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

You're so deep into self-parody it's unreal.

Do you seriously wonder why people aren't arsed about responding to your nonsense?

I know I’ve always got you though. It gives me a sense of enormous well-being And then I'm happy for the rest of the day safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit of your heart devoted to me. 

31 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Consistency kids.  

Don't think Lansmann & Corbyn have been anywhere near as close since Corbyn has not taken him into the inner circle and also pushed Formby as Gen Sec forcing him to withdraw his candidacy.

Having said that , all the commentators are suggesting Corbyn was expecting Williamson's case to be sent to the NCC as Lansmann is pushing so not really any dispute on it, but can't now come out publicly to criticise a decision by an independent committee held in accordance with party rules.

The present situation has only arisen due to Keith Vaz's strange actions. 

14 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Don't think Lansmann & Corbyn have been anywhere near as close since Corbyn has not taken him into the inner circle and also pushed Formby as Gen Sec forcing him to withdraw his candidacy.

Having said that , all the commentators are suggesting Corbyn was expecting Williamson's case to be sent to the NCC as Lansmann is pushing so not really any dispute on it, but can't now come out publicly to criticise a decision by an independent committee held in accordance with party rules.

The present situation has only arisen due to Keith Vaz's strange actions. 

My point is that the narrative on here is that Williamson is innocent and people saying he isn’t are either Israeli stooges, anti Corbyn shysters or not true Labour supporters.  So, Lansman doesn’t fall into any of those camps, heads Corbyns cheerleaders and not a fucking word from any of the usual suspects.  Even pretending not to know what he’d said.  

Williamson seems to be a bit shit, and his comments were incredibly insensitive. He should get the boot, imo. The NEC panel also made a complete pig's ear of the disciplinary process (which should probably be reviewed), and Keith Vaz highlighted once again what a useless cunt he is.

I can understand people being upset about it, and I think their feelings are justified. I just wish they'd also get upset about, I don't know, Tory policies that are literally killing people. It's hard to take your outrage seriously if you're not also outraged by the ruinous effects of the decisions made by this government and the last.

I don't suggest to know whether Williamson is innocent or not as beyond the clips we have seen ( which do not seem anti-semitic at face value ) I don't know what the rest of the evidence is and, like Corbyn, expected this to be sent to the NCC as per the advice given by the independent lawyers.

What is galling is that after demanding that the process is totally independent of the leadership ( and even feeding smear pieces and lies to the right wing press to emphasise this ) once there is a decision they do not like , even though it was come to by a quorum of 3 that included two of their right-wing coup members , they are squealing like stuck pigs that the leadership should overturn it without being involved in the case at all.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I don't suggest to know whether Williamson is innocent or not as beyond the clips we have seen ( which do not seem anti-semitic at face value ) I don't know what the rest of the evidence is and, like Corbyn, expected this to be sent to the NCC as per the advice given by the independent lawyers.

What is galling is that after demanding that the process is totally independent of the leadership ( and even feeding smear pieces and lies to the right wing press to emphasise this ) once there is a decision they do not like , even though it was come to by a quorum of 3 that included two of their right-wing coup members , they are squealing like stuck pigs that the leadership should overturn it without being involved in the case at all.

Really is baffling that they didn't just follow the recommendations.

• Upvote 1

DM , as I mentioned yesterday the rumour is that Vaz thought that Corbyn wanted Williamson cleared ( he didn't ) and was also panicking about re-selection. He is now saying that his senses were impaired !!! and we may now have to re-run every disciplinary he was involved with during the day.

23 minutes ago, sir roger said:

DM , as I mentioned yesterday the rumour is that Vaz thought that Corbyn wanted Williamson cleared ( he didn't ) and was also panicking about re-selection. He is now saying that his senses were impaired !!! and we may now have to re-run every disciplinary he was involved with during the day.

Yeah I've read the same. It's a shitshow, and it was completely avoidable.

16 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

That will never ever happen unless they get Tony Blair 2.0, which is not a labour party I would vote for.

The printed press are becoming less of an influence in politics, The S*N only sell about 1.4 million 'newspapers' these days. 

What would you sooner have 1. Boris Johnson re-elected or 2. A Tony Blair 2.0? I don't want a Tony Blair 2.0, but it's way preferable to the alternative. Corbyn will never become prime minister. 

• Like 1