You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Most over rated band ever....

withnail71

As a fellow massive Subpop fan, I don't get them either. Dave Grohl is a nice bloke and very entertaining live but damn they are dull. My mate's a drummer in a Foo Fighters cover band and they get gigs everywhere.

Them and Kings of Leon.  Grrr.  A Foo Fighters cover band... *shudder*

Beady Eye weren't that big. I don't think even the Oasis fans got behind them once they heard the material. No cunt rated them ever. George from Asda dadrock. Shed Seven without the tunes.

Seen Andy Bell play with Ride last year and they were great

I think people are missing the point that if I walked into a pub and Beady eye were on the top of a three act bill my claim that they were the most over-rated band in the world would still be fair - as someone rated them above the band with the sub-karaoke warbler fronting them and a folk singer playing the spoons.

• Upvote 1

Blur.

Limp Bizkit

My Chemical Romance

Green Day (bar Dookie)

Linkin Park

Iron Maiden. Yeah, I went there. I just can't take to them, like some songs and think they are pretty special musicians. But fuck me Dickinson's voice does grate on you after a few tunes. And he's not shit.

Nobody rates any of them though. They're bands everyone laughs at. That's a different thread. And you forgot Blink 182.

That "Para, Para, Paradise" song by Coldplay has half a billion views on Youtube. Stevie Wonder's Higher Ground has 4 million. 

I think we'd be better off focusing all the world's energy on finding the IP address of every person that's viewed a Coldplay song made in the last 5 years, then turning up at their homes in the middle of the night and kidnapping them in their sleep, Gestapo style. Before corralling them into a giant intergalactic cannon and firing them unceremoniously towards the next inhabitable star. Let Proxima Centauri deal with their shit.

• Upvote 2

Pink Floyd again, and Radiohead.

In truth Ive never heard much of eithers music but the songs I have sounded shite,except for another brick in the wall.

Maybe you should listen to a bit more by them and then make your mind up? You will realise how wrong you are.

Remmie you are from Milton Keynes. The town equivalent of One Direction.

• Upvote 1