You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

8 hours ago, Mudface said:

Harris is one of the more thoughtful Guardian journalists and has made a point of getting out of the London bubble and talking to people across the UK. For him to come out with this is very significant. It's a catastrophe for everyone bar the 0.1%.

Brexit was and is an establishment stitch up voted for and supported by gullible, useful idiots who swallowed the lies. It was rammed through by the extreme right wing fringe of the Tory party, and 'mainstream' politics is now too afraid to acknowledge what an utter disaster it's been out of fear of cunts like Farage and fucking Rees-Mogg, those well-known staunch defenders of the common man.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/jan/01/wreckage-of-brexit-politicians-denial

Saw that yesterday 

Very good read.

Think he makes an excellent point on the diversionary tactics getting used the people who have known it has been an utter disaster.

The culture wars,the war on woke,the definition of what is it to be a woman etc

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Yanis knows..

the sooner Europeans wake up to the real intentions of Ursula and her crew the better the world will be.

To read that I need to know what Project Syndicate is, and why it exists, and who is on it, and why others aren't invited, and I also need to know Yanis is a competent economist, which he isn't, it's a stretch to think it's relevant. 

21 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I also need to know Yanis is a competent economist, which he isn't

Laughable.

This is akin to people who dislike Rachel Riley and say that she's rubbish at arithmetic. You're letting your disagreement with his politics spill over into nonsense.

7 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

And the Brexit benefits keep on rolling in 

Honestly, we should just stop all this drip-feed of bad news and forward to the part where we ditch the pound for the euro and become part of Schengen. It's now inevitable, especially the way the economy is tanking right across the board.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Even some of the Tory Brexiteers think the fundamentalists, disaster capitalists and wreckers in the Government are going to far and too fast on retained law.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64294885

I wonder if even the most Rabid Tories are fearing a rout in the May local elections and this is a way of deflecting it 

26 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

I wonder if even the most Rabid Tories are fearing a rout in the May local elections and this is a way of deflecting it 

I don't think the PCP is arsed about the locals, they pretend they are but they're not. The grassroots Tories and what you see in Parliament on telly are two very different animals. One moans about potholes and owns the local shoe shop, the other takes backhanders from Russian gangsters. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's clear the Tory party have become, starting under Cameron, one of those blokes/firms that buy up companies, break them up and then sell them off for profit, sack everyone and eat the pension fund. 

They've basically been doing that to the UK. They're not really arsed about immigration, woke agendas, the union, or anything else, everything is about chewing through what they can like termites and letting the rest fall to bits. 

That's how they view human beings, the reason the care system is underfunded is because the people in homes don't make any money for them - if they could get away with putting them in an oven they would. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's clear the Tory party have become, starting under Cameron, one of those blokes/firms that buy up companies, break them up and then sell them off for profit, sack everyone and eat the pension fund. 

They've basically been doing that to the UK. They're not really arsed about immigration, woke agendas, the union, or anything else, everything is about chewing through what they can like termites and letting the rest fall to bits. 

That's how they view human beings, the reason the care system is underfunded is because the people in homes don't make any money for them - if they could get away with putting them in an oven they would. 

we had a millionaire telling people they should work for nothing and people still voted them in.

10 years on,I still cant get my head around that.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

we had a millionaire telling people they should work for nothing and people still voted them in.

10 years on,I still cant get my head around that.

My only crumb of comfort in all this fall of Rome stuff is that Tory voters are suffering too, especially these imbeciles in places like Hartlepool. 

The Visigoths are coming over the seventh hill with a copy of the Daily Express in one hand and a lecky bill in the other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

That’s the Welsh Cunt Davies who used the death of a Tory mp on Twitter to accuse a woman of hate speech for simply asking why he is allowing sewage into Monmouth waters. Another arrogant entitled Tory twat 

Yeah he's a bad nasty cunt him. Monmouth and that river and the surrounding area were/are beautiful.