You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Freedom of speech

banger

Isn't it the part where he says "gas the jews" that is offensive?

Also, if the video was designed to annoy his girlfriend there was probably no need to put it on youtube.  I think that part of his defence is flimsy.

The original video started with a brief monologue from him saying that this was the reason he was doing it.  

It makes him a bit of a tit without question

His Twatter bio reads:

"Professional Shitposter. Going to jail for a joke. Anti-PC. Anti-SNP. Pro Free Speech. Edgi Boi. Scottish Nationalist. I'm not a Nazi, but my dog is."

He also has loads of shite tattoos and piercings, including one of those shite big holes in the ear.

Sounds like a life sentence is justified. Or a hall of fame place in the instant cunt identifiers thread.

Freedom of speech must always be counterweighted with other considerations, such as incitement to racial hatred etc.

It's seems pretty clear that this was a film produced for the purpose of comedy so it should be seen in that context.

In all honesty, I'm not excessively worried about my family being rounded up and put in the gas chambers by household pets.

It's seems pretty clear that this was a film produced for the purpose of comedy so it should be seen in that context.

Well, he says the film was produced to annoy his girlfriend.  Given that you're taking everything he says at face value, why did he feel the need to a put a video on youtube in order to annoy his girlfriend?  

I didn't read his entire statement. I think this has been going on a while now, but I'm not sure. I'm generally not in favour of this regardless of his intent.

My gut reaction is "tough shit".  If you go on youtube and say "gas the jews", regardless of context, I think you're asking for trouble. 

He had eight followers, all of them friends. One of them shared the video outside the group and it went viral. I think it's pretty scary if tasteless jokes shared with friends can now earn you a criminal conviction, others are free to disagree.

• Upvote 1

He had eight followers, all of them friends. One of them shared the video outside the group and it went viral. I think it's pretty scary if tasteless jokes shared with friends can now earn you a criminal conviction, others are free to disagree.

There's a lesson in there somewhere - don't post a video on youtube if your intention is to annoy your girlfriend.  If you must put it on youtube, don't say "gas the jews".  

I agree with the conviction.  Sentencing will be interesting. 

So, are you saying that when somebody makes a comment or video to a select, tailored audience, then it's a bit out of order if that content gets shared outside that audience and platform and that person then gets into trouble?

Hahahahaha.

• Downvote 1

There's a lesson in there somewhere - don't post a video on youtube if your intention is to annoy your girlfriend. If you must put it on youtube, don't say "gas the jews".

I agree with the conviction. Sentencing will be interesting.

Not surprised really.