You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lazar Marković

WhiskeyJar

It's concerning that half the team was crocked, the team we picked was abysmal, and our £20m signing was an unused sub. 

Throwing a youngster in at the deep-end can go one of two ways, considering we were playing awful and also bearing in mind Markovic didn't really have a pre-season I'd say it would have been a bad move throwing him on and expecting him to do anything, 

I'm not getting him yet, he's still trying to get to match sharpness admittedly but not convinced he's going to be a first teamer when everyone's fit.

Same here, for £20m I'd have at least expected to see a hint of quality. So far seen no pace, not much skill and a lot of sideways passes.

He looked poor. I thought he was supposed to be quick? I know he was not playing in his preferred position but i expected to see more quality when he had the ball.

He should watch a video of Vardy's performance against the mancs to see what's expected of him and Vardy' came from the non league.

It's very early days so I'm not putting him down too much, I just have a few queries about him.

There was an instance yesterday where he had the chance to use his pace, he knocked the ball past the fullback and was comfortably beaten for pace, I thought he was lightening? Is this just not the case because I really haven't seen that much speed from him.

Also a lot of us had the same reservations about Sterling for a while, he also didn't look that quick or was simply not using his pace. He also gave the ball 2 yards and played nothing like he did at youth level.

I have faith in Brendan having a similar turnaround in Markovic.

Stop playing him on the right, Brendao. He isn't Jermaine Pennant.

Rodgers likes players who are adaptable. Sterling, Suarez, Sturridge, Courtinio all played in various positions last season without it affecting their performance. Lallana played different roles last year for Southhmpton.

Makovic can't hide behind the old I'm not in my best position excuse or he'll end up at west ham. As its only one game he should be given more time to prove himself, ridiculous how some people are so quick to judge new players. I'll make my own definitive judgement 20 minuets into his next appearance.

Rodgers likes players who are adaptable. Sterling, Suarez, Sturridge, Courtinio all played in various positions last season without it affecting their performance. Lallana played different roles last year for Southhmpton.

Makovic can't hide behind the old I'm not in my best position excuse or he'll end up at west ham. As its only one game he should be given more time to prove himself, ridiculous how some people are so quick to judge new players. I'll make my own definitive judgement 20 minuets into his next appearance.

That's lovely, but if we want to him play really well we should stop playing him as a right winger. Because he isn't one.

He seemed to be playing more like a midfielder last night. He is an attacking player. Granted, so far he looks shit but fuck me, play the lad in the right position.

For the reserves till he wakers the fuck up and realises he is a 20 million pound player and fucking plays like one. 

Had a couple of chances to shoot last night which he bottled. (The difference with Suso who shot whenever he got a sniff) Also his first touch was poor that has nothing to do with the position he played in.

The lad will need to show a hell of a lot more when he gets an opportunity to shine because after last night and listening to Rodgers praise Suso afterwards  i'd say Suso could of put himself ahead of Markovic.

Is Markovic rated as one of the top talents in Europe? 

Yeah

Who by?  He's barely started shaving. 

You know, like, European football experts and stuff. Most people seem to think he's pretty much shit hot.

It's all potential though, right?  

Talent

Any sign of this talent, moof?