You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

He should have made the clearance, definitely.

Its not even the fact he made the mess of the clearance thats annoyed me so much. The reason he didn't just put his boot through the ball or dive in for it had to be down to him knowing Vardy would clatter him and that cowardly behaviour is simply unacceptable at any level of the game.
  • Upvote 1

That's rubbish

Im no fan of Ming amd want him gone. But theres plenty of players signed from shite clubs that habe been great players

You can see why the top clubs passed though. Mignolet is getting the most out of his limited range of skills but it's really not enough.

Its not even the fact he made the mess of the clearance thats annoyed me so much. The reason he didn't just put his boot through the ball or dive in for it had to be down to him knowing Vardy would clatter him and that cowardly behaviour is simply unacceptable at any level of the game.

Fine lines eh. Citys keeper takes a boot to the face and it is a red card the other way.

I can see where the Mignolet supporters are coming from. For all his flaws, he has been, in two out of four seasons, part of a team that overachieved. I remember seeing or hearing a stat somewhere that if Bayern played without a goalkeeper in one of their Guardiola seasons, they'd still have finished first. Perhaps other positions are more important and that's why going after a goalkeeper isn't the highest on the club's agenda.

He also got caught on the ball in the first half when Okazaki nearly scored.

I don't know if he's alright and the criticism on here is overblown or whether he's just normalised his shitness.

He did, but it was an underhit backpass from Lovren.  It wasn't underhit as in dangerous, but he really should have passed it more firmly to help his keeper.

I don't like Lovren.

I can see where the Mignolet supporters are coming from. For all his flaws, he has been, in two out of four seasons, part of a team that overachieved. I remember seeing or hearing a stat somewhere that if Bayern played without a goalkeeper in one of their Guardiola seasons, they'd still have finished first. Perhaps other positions are more important and that's why going after a goalkeeper isn't the highest on the club's agenda.

If Bayern played without a goalkeeper the teams that played them wouldn't have played the way they played, so it's a totally illogical statement. They would've just kicked the ball from 30-40 yards towards the unmanned goal relentlessly.

You've took a stat that has no basis in reality because it never actually happened. You've drawn a conclusion that is nonsensical, as if it's factual, and then you've shoehorned that nonsensical conclusion into a non sequitur about why Liverpool FC don't need to worry about bringing in new goalkeeper. What the fuck?!

• Upvote 1

He's a mid-table standard keeper who emanates a lack of confidence which puts the shit up his defenders and encourages the opposition to never give up hope. He's not the our biggest problem though.

Agree with most of this but have to say he is part of our biggest problem because the shitty defence in front of him has no confidence in him in the same way he probably has little confidence in them. He's way off the standard we need for a first choice keeper.

If Bayern played without a goalkeeper the teams that played them wouldn't have played the way they played, so it's a totally illogical statement. They would've just kicked the ball from 30-40 yards towards the unmanned goal relentlessly.

You've took a stat that has no basis in reality because it never actually happened. You've drawn a conclusion that is nonsensical, as if it's factual, and then you've shoehorned that nonsensical conclusion into a non sequitur about why Liverpool FC don't need to worry about bringing in new goalkeeper. What the fuck?!

It was to do with shots on target. Of course the opposing team would have changed their strategy, but we can imply that a lesser goalkeeper than Neuer would have had the same outcome. I'm not a fan of Mignolet, I'm trying to understand the opposing side. Did you wake up on the wrong side of bed?

It was to do with shots on target. Of course the opposing team would have changed their strategy, but we can imply that a lesser goalkeeper than Neuer would have had the same outcome. I'm not a fan of Mignolet, I'm trying to understand the opposing side. Did you wake up on the wrong side of bed?

Yeah, i gathered that it was to do with tallying up the shots on target against Bayern and the amount of goals Bayern scored in those games. If Bayern scored more than the shots on target, they would've won the game anyway. That was the angle.

But it's such an arbitrary and context-less stat and the more you think about it the more preposterous it becomes. I'm sorry if i was overly confrontational. You know i think you're a sound poster. But we do need a new goalkeeper. 

Yeah, i gathered that it was to do with tallying up the shots on target against Bayern and the amount of goals Bayern scored in those games. If Bayern scored more than the shots on target, they would've won the game anyway. That was the angle.

But it's such an arbitrary and context-less stat and the more you think about it the more preposterous it becomes. I'm sorry if i was overly confrontational. You know i think you're a sound poster. But we do need a new goalkeeper. 

You know Klopp was looking at those stats and thinking:

Ah fuck it, Give lovren a new contract and sign a couple of forwards.