You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Kenny really a World Football great?

Gym Beglin

George Best gets mentioned because he was a superb footballer, mate, he was breathtakingly good. I had a George Best video as a kid and all but wore it out. My dad rates Best as the best British player he has seen, that's good enough for me!

I am 32 and I was actually at George Best's testimonial in Belfast in 1988 (I wasn't too old). Best was 42 on that day and for when he was on the field he was pretty good amongst some decent names of old footballers.

My father who brought my brother & I and who had been watching Northern Ireland since the 60's actually resented Best on that day (and probably for many years prior). He fully believed that Best was so good, he would have been playing top division football in England in 1988 if he had the will power to control his demons and the drink. He pissed his ability up against the wall. 

king kenny would struggle in the modern (English) game as do most players/attackers who lack pace.......he was a liverpool/british/european great but not a world in my humble opinion

plus he votes tory according to brian reade so he will never be a great IMO lol

Well Teddy Sheringham for one lacked pace and he did okay for himself in the Prem and I think Kenny was a level or two better than him.

And i honestly couldn`t see Kenny struggling to much with most modern defenders tbh. If you think the likes of Kyle Naughton, Dawson, Shawcross et al would be too much for Kenny to cope with, well there`s nothing down for you.

Kenny also played in multiple world cups for Scotland and is their record goalscorer with over 30 goals and over 100 caps. Funnily enough they haven`t done quite as well since he stopped playing for them.

I`m sure I don`t need to remind you he also won 3 European cups and reached another final, quite often playing against teams and players from other countries as well.

Kenny Dalglish absolutely is one of the greats.

Playing for Scotland didn't help him, but he STILL made it to the very elite of all time greats.

If I could pick two Liverpool players of the last 40 years.... it'd be Dalglish and Gerrard, and there's a fair few to choose from, but those two (for me) stand apart.

Dalglish is (imo) in the top 20 players of the last 40 years.

George Best was a genius. Kenny was a genius. Suarez is a genius.

All 3 have 2 things in common - quick brains and natural ability. None of the 3 is/was particularly quick. If the 3 were playing in the premier league today they would be its best players. End of.

My two penneth. (spelling aside)

Anyone who asks the question or even wishes to debate the question, has either never watched him, or indeed seen him play for us or Celtic or Scotland, needs to either shut the fuck up, or fuck right off.

KD as a player/player manager or manager or in fact a man, who ever asks the question, is he a legend/world footy great etc????????????????

Who ever asked it needs a serious kicking.

The man is a fucking legend in all respects of the word.

From whatever position you are looking from, this is one man, who has earned the right to be admired from any and all aspects of the game, and all other areas of life.

From what he did as a player, to what he did as a manager,  to what he did through the worst part of our history.

The man is a legend through everything.

End of thread

Simple as.

• Upvote 4

king kenny would struggle in the modern (English) game as do most players/attackers who lack pace.......he was a liverpool/british/european great but not a world in my humble opinion

plus he votes tory according to brian reade so he will never be a great IMO lol

You fucking gremlin 

He was shit. Alongside those other shit players like Souness,Hansen,Rush et al. How on earth did we win all those trophies with shite like that in our team.

I was going to say because we had great managers but the correct answer is obviously all the other teams where really really bad at playing football.