You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Foods you really don't like

Bjornebye

Cardamon pods in curry.

Fucking rank: You'll be chomping on a decent ruby when from nowhere, that Dettol-flavour seeps through your food and fills your mouth. I make it a personal mission to boycott anywhere that leaves cardomon pods in their dishes. Fucking amateurs.

• Upvote 1

Cardamon pods in curry.

Fucking rank: You'll be chomping on a decent ruby when suddenly, that Dettol-flavour seeps through your food and fills your mouth with it's antiseptic horror. I make it a personal mission to boycott anywhere that leaves cardomon pods in their dishes. Fucking amateurs.

Avocado: (Guac is fucking lovely though)..

Supermarket sandwiches. Probably once a week I will get a sandwich from Asda, Tesco or M&S for lunch (or 'dinner' for the uneducated) and I find myself wondering just how they've managed to extract so little flavour from what seems to be an abundance of tasty ingredients. I suspect that the packaging probably tastes better.

I don't mind some of the Tesco ones. They do a egg mayo one for about a quid that's decent and the smoked ham and cheddar one is nice too. Everything else is grim though. I just don't like eating them right away. I like my sandwiches to be room temperature. 

The rest of the shops are horrible I'll give you that. M&S is usually quality for everything else, but their sandwiches need work. 

Cardamon pods in curry.

Fucking rank: You'll be chomping on a decent ruby when suddenly, that Dettol-flavour seeps through your food and fills your mouth with it's antiseptic horror. I make it a personal mission to boycott anywhere that leaves cardomon pods in their dishes. Fucking amateurs.

Avocado: (Guac is fucking lovely though)..

Oh, that's another one for me...cloves. Same effect. Completely overpowers every other flavour in your mouth with its aroma of dentistry

Iceland doner kebab pizza - it's not even real lamb, the meat has the texture of a scrotum, which in itself is worrying.

Rustlers quarter pounder microwave burger- It fails on the simple principle that you can't microwave bread. Also microwaved cheese is the hottest thing on the planet. It's fake food, it's a hologram of a real burger that tastes of soggy bread and scalding shitty cheese.

Iceland double cheeseburger pizza- it's neither burger nor pizza, it's an amorphous blob of fat and bland mince, a food based Jackson Pollock, horrendous.

Iceland doner kebab pizza - it's not even real lamb, the meat has the texture of a scrotum, which in itself is worrying.

Rustlers quarter pounder microwave burger- It fails on the simple principle that you can't microwave bread. Also microwaved cheese is the hottest thing on the planet. It's fake food, it's a hologram of a real burger that tastes of soggy bread and scalding shitty cheese.

Iceland double cheeseburger pizza- it's neither burger nor pizza, it's an amorphous blob of fat and bland mince, a food based Jackson Pollock, horrendous.

This sounds like any kebab I've ever had tbf. Still strangely delicious as a monthly treat.  

The one time I had a rustlers burger it ended up all over my mate's yard. I was stoned to bits but even that didn't make it taste anything other than dreadful. 

You shouldnt even know what these things taste like

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't mind some of the Tesco ones. They do a egg mayo one for about a quid that's decent and the smoked ham and cheddar one is nice too. Everything else is grim though. I just don't like eating them right away. I like my sandwiches to be room temperature. 

The rest of the shops are horrible I'll give you that. M&S is usually quality for everything else, but their sandwiches need work. 

I don't actually know if they are 'horrible' as such, just that they are totally insipid. The one I bought yesterday was a Moroccan Chicken Flatbread wrap, so it had a 'Moroccan' flavoured chicken filling with peppers and rocket leaves included, plus a mint yoghurt sauce all inside a flatbread which also looked as though it had herbs and spices in it. Basically, it gave every impression of being full of flavour. Yet it tasted of absolutely nothing. You have chicken, vegetables and all these herbs and spices and so on, and yet none of it has any flavour whatsoever, and it's difficult to understand how that's possible. The people who approve this stuff must have no taste buds. 

Cardamon pods in curry.

Oh, that's another one for me...cloves. Same effect. Completely overpowers every other flavour in your mouth with its aroma of dentistry

This also goes for bay leaves on or in anything. They impart a fine flavour, but please, take the fuckers out before you serve. Its like encountering a piece of plastic in your scran. Not good.

Any fruit/meat combo.  Duck l'orange?  Fuck l'off.

I have a problem with this as well. My mother in law lives with us (has her own place on the same property - its not like she's in the next room or something) and we all take turns cooking. She has a penchant for doing things like salads with oranges and strawberries in them, or meat dishes with grapes. When she serves up something like this, I'm often suspicious that the mind is finally going, but no, she can usually show me a recipe from some magazine that she's worked to.

The fuckers should stop encouraging her.

I have a problem with this as well. My mother in law lives with us (has her own place on the same property - its not like she's in the next room or something) and we all take turns cooking. She has a penchant for doing things like salads with oranges and strawberries in them, or meat dishes with grapes. When she serves up something like this, I'm often suspicious that the mind is finally going, but no, she can usually show me a recipe from some magazine that she's worked to.

The fuckers should stop encouraging her.

At least you get to have the mother-daughter three way thing. Or you could if you dosed them first.