You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

On the subject of gyms I fucking hate the preening tossers that want to walk round the changing rooms bollock naked fucking about with their hair or rubbing in body lotion, Get showered , get dressed and fuck off as quickly as possible you sad bastards 

Well thats you off the "cock pic via PM" list then.

• Upvote 2

Far from it Ben.

I've thought about signing up to faceaids a few times since I've been out here to try and stay in touch with people and keep up to date with stuff back home.

But then I see some of the utter crap on hers and come back round to my original stance of; if its that important it'll be on the news and if they're that important they can bother their arse to email me once a month or to Skype every now and then.

If not, well fuck it.

Sorry Col, totally missed this.

I feel that mate.

This is going to sound daft but it is when people misuse the term 'mate'

As you know there are different levels of acquaintance, but one thing that annoys me is when people pretend that everyone is their mate.

'I know the fella who owns that cafe, he is my mate' when the truth is that you know him and he is not a friend just somebody you know to say hello to.

You dont think a lot of us do it sarcastically or ironically?

Its how we use it in our family a lot.

Using the definite article does my head in too, but in the case of plural countries, e.g. the Netherlands and where there is States, Republic etc it is correct though. I think I've caught and stopped myself doing Ukraine, I think Gambia is the Republic of The Gambia, so maybe more acceptable, but I'm not sure I would do the others you mentioned though, although I've heard people do it, it does sound and feel weird

Yep, it's The Gambia but I get the point

To be fair, the reason I don't use it is when I see what even people I like a lot put on there I feel the dislike swelling instantly.

The other half often shows me something on hers about some mate of mine or other, no matter how much I ask her not to, and when she does I'll see something she's put on there and momentarily feel some loathing for the whole thing. I actually love her, so god knows what I'd be like if I was forever seeing random associates showing off their latest bakery triumph or kid's swimming badge.

If we ever have kids and anything about them goes on there which matches what she shows and tells me of other people, many of whom I like a lot in real life, we could well go nuclear.

It's just the thing itself, kept in total moderation and used with modesty as a tool to stay in touch it will be fine, but no way can many, many people resist it's tendency to make showing off the norm. It's relentlessly vacuous. The way it has, through being a vessel for photographs of someone's life which others can look at and admire, turned every moment of life into a photo opportunity.

That's some insidious shit, and I've never understood people who grandly tell you that you shouldn't have an opinion on it if haven't used it, when it has so profoundly altered social behaviour to the extent you can't have a night out without many good people taking your picture while you're drinking a pint or eating a bowl of pasta.

I realise I'm hopelessly out of step with the times like, and a right miserable bastard, but I just find it all a right turn-off, as Don would say.

Agree fully. Twitter can be brilliant if you have dont tell friends your username and follow sane people only
  • Upvote 1

On the subject of gyms I fucking hate the preening tossers that want to walk round the changing rooms bollock naked fucking about with their hair or rubbing in body lotion, Get showered , get dressed and fuck off as quickly as possible you sad bastards 

Some of the lads in our gym are big 20st monsters who just do strongman type lifting and just look like big fat hairy bastards but strong as fuck.

If they ever catch some young 10st glamour boy posing in the mirror they come up behind them take of their own t shirts and start pulling bicep poses and the like. The victim never does it again.

3 goons came into the gym the other week in swimshorts "Oh we were just looking for the pool" "its that way down the corridor"...they proceeded to walk round the whole gym occasionally stopping to admire themselves in the mirror before going down the corridor.. I hope they drowned.

3 goons came into the gym the other week in swimshorts "Oh we were just looking for the pool" "its that way down the corridor"...they proceeded to walk round the whole gym occasionally stopping to admire themselves in the mirror before going down the corridor.. I hope they drowned.

you-re-a-homo-o.gif

• Upvote 2

Some of the lads in our gym are big 20st monsters who just do strongman type lifting and just look like big fat hairy bastards but strong as fuck.

If they ever catch some young 10st glamour boy posing in the mirror they come up behind them take of their own t shirts and start pulling bicep poses and the like. The victim never does it again.

Haha

Its the body lotion pervs that do my head in. Fully doffed off rubbing oil into their buttocks,  

Haha

Its the body lotion pervs that do my head in. Fully doffed off rubbing oil into their buttocks,  

Wow, just wow! Yea certainly know who your fecking friends are!

Yeah magic, leave Lifey alone.

I don't want to see him lotion his buttocks in public, but I'll defend to the death his right to do it.

Punctuality again. I'm working in Bolton for a month and it takes me on average an hour to get there, so I factor in 20 minutes of potential traffic build up and because I'm running the project I like to get there handy to set up for the day. I set off an hour and a half before I'm due to start and out of 15 people on the project I'm probably the 3rd person in the meeting room. The rest, all locals, are either strolling in a minute to or wandering up to 15 minutes late. "Sorry about that, the traffic is terrible!" No wonder their company is going down the shitter with staff like that.

• Upvote 1

Punctuality again. I'm working in Bolton for a month and it takes me on average an hour to get there, so I factor in 20 minutes of potential traffic build up and because I'm running the project I like to get there handy to set up for the day. I set off an hour and a half before I'm due to start and out of 15 people on the project I'm probably the 3rd person in the meeting room. The rest, all locals, are either strolling in a minute to or wandering up to 15 minutes late. "Sorry about that, the traffic is terrible!" No wonder their company is going down the shitter with staff like that.

You'd think some people had never driven in this country before the way they act so surprised when they're late. What were they expecting? A clear run during rush hour? Unless there is a really bad accident then there isn't an excuse for it.

I always make a point of saying to people as well that the meeting starts at 10, not for them to arrive at 10. Getting a coffee and chit chatting happens from 9:50 to 10. But nobody ever listens of course.

This newfangled use of because as a preposition. You know what I mean? The elimination of the words "of the," "it is," "I am," etc that are used to connect the because to the reason for using because

So, instead of: "The English language is dying because of the cunts using because as a preposition."

You're left with: "The English language is dying because cunts."

This newfangled use of because as a preposition. You know what I mean? The elimination of the words "of the," "it is," "I am," etc that are used to connect the because to the reason for using because

So, instead of: "The English language is dying because of the cunts using because as a preposition."

You're left with: "The English language is dying because cunts."

Cunt grammar.