You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I don't like change

Gym Beglin

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Dave, what's the deal with not being able to get reps in the notifications panel? Normally you get a 'mood liked a post you made' or 'code72 disliked a post you made. Again' with this forum software. I don't get any notification at all.

Normally you get something like this in your notifications:

WCiONtM.jpg

and something like this as an option in your notifications settings:

sBf32Eb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I've got no problem with the new site - it looks clean and I'll get used to all the new bits and pieces.

However, I have to say that trying to use the mobile version on my smartphone is a fucking awful experience.

Yes it looks nice, but loading the pages takes an age and there's apparently no quick way to get to the last page of a topic without going through every page or alternatively manually changing the url.

Really? Manually changing the url? Not exactly making life easy for users, is it?

Trying to manually change a url on a smartphone is a nightmare, especially with sausage fingers like mine. I've just tried on Chrome, and succeeded only in deleting the url every time I tried because the 'clear' button is right next to the end of the url - where the page number is...

Given I spend nine-tenths of my time looking at the site on my phone, this is not ideal.

I appreciate this comes across as a bit of a rant, but I've just woken up feeling rough, the wife has got junior downstairs, and I wanted five minutes to myself to see what was going on in here, and it's just too much like hard work.

I know Dave worked hard to get everything over to the new server and probably doesn't appreciate me moaning and bitching, but I'm pining for Forum Runner, even with all its faults.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Tapatalk is dead easy to install, Dave. Easier than forum runner, actually. It might solve some of the problems these ungrrrrrateeefulll bastarddsss are having.

Forum runner does work with IPB, HS, but they're a bunch of useless shits and haven't yet bothered to update it well enough for it to work with IPB 3.4.5. Gives loads of errors when trying to view threads and stuff.

• Upvote 1

Shandy, I was having the exact same problems, I'm now on a computer clicking on the last page of every thread I like so it will then go to the last unread in the future. This isn't really a problem for me as I'm in work and doing fuck all else right now.

Can imagine it'll be a cunt when an old thread gets bumped though and I'm on my phone.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I know I sound ungrateful, and I don't want to because I fully understand the amount of time and effort Dave puts into this place.

Just giving feedback, hopefully constructive...

It's too late, HS. It's just too late. He's gone. Dead. Killed himself because of all the moaning. He could take the negging, but it was the negativity that finally pushing him over the edge.

I know I sound ungrateful, and I don't want to because I fully understand the amount of time and effort Dave puts into this place.

Just giving feedback, hopefully constructive...

My feedback was constructive too, don't think I'll bother in future if I'm just going to get shat on for it. Zonkoville and Carvalho, kill yourselves. EDIT: And Bjornebye

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Barry Wom said him or Dave will look at installing Tapatalk in the next couple of days so shouldn't be too long to wait.

Given they said it would be two days to get the old forum closed and the new one up and runnning, I'd say you're looking at the end of the month for that.