You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Things Women Do Whilst At Work

Carradona

Started a new job last week and have picked up a few things that I just don't understand.

Firstly, I've been in training all wee with two other newbies. They're both women. Every single evening when training starts, one of these women takes off her shoes whilst sitting at the table and sits there bare-footed for the next 3 hours. What's going on here? If I came into the room and took off my shoes and socks would it be as socially acceptable as when she does it?! I certainly don't think so.

Secondly, why in the name of fuck do a lot (but not all of them, I'm not sexist you see) women not understand simple training/requests and feel the need to ask horrendously stupid and tedious questions? You're holding us men back. I think this is just some sort of gender-specific thing with regards to not properly listening.

Thirdly, when someone asks you to double click on the mouse, that pretty much always means that you double click on the left mouse button. Duuuuhh!

Lastly, yes I've got curly hair. Get over it. It's not that big of a deal.

Feel free to add your own.

Started a new job last week and have picked up a few things that I just don't understand.

Firstly, I've been in training all wee with two other newbies. They're both women. Every single evening when training starts, one of these women takes off her shoes whilst sitting at the table and sits there bare-footed for the next 3 hours. What's going on here? If I came into the room and took off my shoes and socks would it be as socially acceptable as when she does it?! I certainly don't think so.

Secondly, why in the name of fuck do a lot (but not all of them, I'm not sexist you see) women not understand simple training/requests and feel the need to ask horrendously stupid and tedious questions? You're holding us men back. I think this is just some sort of gender-specific thing with regards to not properly listening.

Thirdly, when someone asks you to double click on the mouse, that pretty much always means that you double click on the left mouse button. Duuuuhh!

At least you've got something interesting to say for the inevitable icebreaker "Tell us something about yourself that no one here knows". Then show the fit ones the scar - chicks dig scars.

Dont hate them its all down to them being raised to be airhedz by absent fathers and mothers too busy motherin their brothers and tryna find baby substitutes an that.

What else can you expect? You reap what you sow, at the end of the day we were all a shag somewhere.

Taught to dote on dolls and dresses and frilly pink thangs leads to direct thoughts of takin ye shoes off and fussin about curly hair (Never got why that is, they dont show the same interest in pubes which is always curly anyway, although the idea to individualise mine by using hair straighteners is one day going to come to fruition. Not cos Im weird like that or anythin I just wanna see what it looks like. Stylin it innit.) or short attention spans caused by the proliferation of soaps and the importance women are expected to adher to in their lives. No matter what, where or how, they must always be able to recant yesterdays soap storylines or else be banished, cast out, unable to hold a conversation anywhere without recourse to the soaps. If you asked most women if they would prefer oxygen or soaps they would go blue.

• Downvote 1

I take my shoes off as soon as i'm at my desk - i'm stuck there for the next few hours, of course i'm going to make myself comfortable. It's bad enough i've had to get out of bed to spend the day getting the phone hung up on me by people whom i'm only returning calls to in the first place, not a chance i'm going to do it with shoes crippling my feet!

I take my shoes off as soon as i'm at my desk - i'm stuck there for the next few hours, of course i'm going to make myself comfortable. It's bad enough i've had to get out of bed to spend the day getting the phone hung up on me by people whom i'm only returning calls to in the first place, not a chance i'm going to do it with shoes crippling my feet!

Buy shoes that fit, spaz.

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...

Facebook

Bitch

Cry

Arrange social lives

Eat

Gossip

Interfere in everyone else's work

Basically anything and everything apart from do their own work.

Take calls/respond to texts from partners (at home) wanting to know what's for tea/how to turn the washer on/how to treat a child who's just been stung by a wasp. I could go on although no doubt 'empathising' with a new colleague would be termed as 'bitching' by you lot

They sure do talk a lot about things I don't care about.

They do take their shoes off a lot but as long as their feet are not disgusting. I usually take my shoes off in work, comfy.

Also, women smell different to men in work, too much perfume.

And they are often on diets during work, worrying about how much calories in their salad, but then by 4pm they get cranky and have a chocolate bar and a pack of crisps.

Workplace women are odd.

They sure do talk a lot about things I don't care about.

They do take their shoes off a lot but as long as their feet are not disgusting. I usually take my shoes off in work, comfy.

Also, women smell different to men in work, too much perfume.

And they are often on diets during work, worrying about how much calories in their salad, but then by 4pm they get cranky and have a chocolate bar and a pack of crisps.

Women are odd.

totally agree with the last sentence.

Eat a bag of crisps as loudly and slowly as possible.

State how much work they do whilst trying to get on with your day.

Come in for half a day, don't do anything apart from blob around the office then go for some family business.

Make someone's (not me) life an absolute nightmare for well over two months then cry all the office when he snaps and bites back.

All these in the past week.

• Upvote 1

I'm obviously working with this woman today so posted her shite from the past week, I don't entertain fools lightly.

We've just been out to one of the councils sub contracts and I've had to do a bit of basic maintenance to some of the machinery there. Anyway I'm using some programming shortcuts and she starts lecturing about why I shouldn't.

Basically because she has tried to get her head around them and fucked it up in a big way. She's the same grade as me so has been told in a professional way to mind her own fucking business. She won't talk to me for weeks now , months if I'm lucky.