You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

I am a cunt

There is no media shite, and even if the values of the players you listed is correct, your forgetting one big point here:

Why the fuck did we sign them?

We could have had our pick of many many players in this world but we spent 75 million on Henderson, carroll and downing......

Its just crazy

Now we are finding players for 6-10 million with way more talent than those 3.

Fuck justifying it, see it for what it was......a fuck up

And FSG were not to blame.

Aquilani was worth very penny

Show some respect you moron. What kind of a Liverpool fan talks about Kenny like that?

Welcome to the world of the modern fan, who know fuck all, and spout shite about probably the biggest true legend the club has ever had.

The bigger picture escapes the blind modern so called red, so respect of a hero means nothing to them.

Makes me fucking sick.

Thanks Kenny and Damien for fucking everything up again for us, this all goes back to them.

Neil fucking Warnock would of got us into the CL with the money those 2 pissed away.

We should of been in the CL by now and this bullshit with Suarez wouldn't be happening, FSG may or may not be cunts but the reality is they made available a shit load of money that should of bought some real class and pushed us right on as a team and club but it was criminally wasted, a full blown retard could of done a better job than those 2.

This is just yet another part of the fallout from it, i have always believed that Kenny and Commoli had put the club back years with their complete recklessness and stand by it, its obvious, how can any mentally stable person deny it? they completely ruined it for us, but hey they got paid/paid off their millions and are set for life whilst its all of us that have to suffer from the utter shambles they left behind.

If we had been where we should of been this situation wouldn't be happening now, its fucking galling, if Suarez does go to Arsenal than fuck it all, you wait, Coutinho will be gone next summer when Rodgers fails to work a miracle.

Thanks again Kenny and Damien, enjoy your mansions, fast cars, cruises and holidays, you really earn't it!

I agree about a lot of what you say, just not the way you say it. Kenny and Comolli fucked up spectacularly, there's no way around it.

Considering what Kenny has done for us, he deserves better words. He is, and probably always will be, my biggest living Liverpool legend.

Ever.

Under no circumstance can we sell him to Arsenal. It would make no sense to strengthen a rival whilst weakening our own squad. FSG should be booted out of the club if they sell Suarez to another English club.

If Arsenal can offer CL football and an acceptable fee we may have little choice.

The issue is not of whether or not to sell to Arsenal but why we have allowed them to advance their status on the field with shrewd management, and off the field with long term investment in their stadium? If we had, there would be no problem.

I don't quite understand how people can either thank or blame Kenny over the Suarez and Andy signings. I cant think of any club who would buy players on a temporary managers say so.

In retrospect it was chaos, owners who knew nothing about football, a DOF way out of his comfort zone beyond france and London and a manager woefully out of touch with the contemporary transfer market.

The blame lies with FSG, if you don't know anything about football, appoint people who do.

I don't quite understand how people can either thank or blame Kenny over the Suarez and Andy signings.

I can understand about Carroll, but Suarez?

Kenny himself scouted Suarez for Liverpool while Rafa was in charge? Hodgson a few weeks before he was sacked he was asked about Suarez and Ronaldinho and he said that we were not interested in them and we wouldn't sign them and that he stated that he was interested in Ashley Young. You can find relevant interviews with a google research.

I can understand about Carroll, but Suarez?

Kenny himself scouted Suarez for Liverpool while Rafa was in charge? Hodgson a few weeks before he was sacked he was asked about Suarez and Ronaldinho and he said that we were not interested in them and we wouldn't sign them and that he stated that he was interested in Ashley Young. You can find relevant interviews with a google research.

Seeing as we were linked with Suarez when Hodgson was still manager what does that tell you? Suarez was a comolli signing, comollis reaction after Suarez first goal tells you that.

I never seen Kenny when he first managed or played for us but even if I did that wouldn't stop me from saying he done a terrible job in his second stint as manager.

• Downvote 1

He will go and we will get stupid money for him.

Look at the transfer this summer, isco 30million euro, illaramendi 32/39million euro, marquinhos 35million, cavani 63million, higuain 37million (not done yet, but will happen). All ayre has to do is email this to arsenal, Madrid or who ever makes enquiry for Suarez.

He defo won't go for anything less than £50million.

Seeing as we were linked with Suarez when Hodgson was still manager what does that tell you?

Roy not interested in trio

No moves for Ronaldinho, Suarez or Young for Reds

By Mike Barton. Last Updated: December 9, 2010 5:42pm

"Ronaldinho and Suarez are players who we have never even thought about but I would think there is not a manager in the Premier League who has not given Ashley Young a thought at some stage or another," said Hodgson.

Roy not interested in trio | Liverpool News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

stfu

Kenny has said in the past that he scouted Suarez when Rafa was in charge.

Indeed, Kenny was the first man to scout Suarez for Liverpool under Rafa.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

As I said all along, the clause isn't worth shit. They seemed to think they were being clever with that bid.

For me it is pretty simple.

If the club has any ambition whatsoever then Luis Suarez does not leave this summer, regardless of fee, regardless of his wishes, regardless of the media.

He is a world class talent, no matter what money we raise having Luis in the team is far more valuable. It's going to nigh on impossible to sign top class players this summer without European football.

Fuck the money, we are better off with him. The club do not have to sell him, they are not bound to sell him. If we have a shred of ambition or a pair of bollocks about us then we have to stand firm, reject everything out of hand, and make the statement that Luis Suarez will not be leaving Liverpool Football Club this summer under any circumstances.

stfu

Indeed, Kenny was the first man to scout Suarez for Liverpool under Rafa.

I didn't disagree with you that Kenny scouted Suarez previously or that Hodgson didn't want him, I said comolli was the main force behind us signing Suarez.We were strongly linked to Suarez when Hodgson was here and he denied interest so where was it coming from? Comolli just joined as dof or whatever and was looking at him was my point, I think comolli has done interviews alluding to he signed Suarez and I thought that was widely accepted.

For me it is pretty simple.

If the club has any ambition whatsoever then Luis Suarez does not leave this summer, regardless of fee, regardless of his wishes, regardless of the media.

He is a world class talent, no matter what money we raise having Luis in the team is far more valuable. It's going to nigh on impossible to sign top class players this summer without European football.

Fuck the money, we are better off with him. The club do not have to sell him, they are not bound to sell him. If we have a shred of ambition or a pair of bollocks about us then we have to stand firm, reject everything out of hand, and make the statement that Luis Suarez will not be leaving Liverpool Football Club this summer under any circumstances.

I agree with all that.