You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

What makes you so certain?  Mine is just an educated guess but you have put it in very definitive terms.  Do you have inside knowledge from the Coutinho/LFC camp?

Because of the noises coming from the manager. He is absolutely determined to keep hold of Coutinho. FSG have also given him assurances he won't be sold. And I don't think they are even that stupid to go back on their word, given the repercussions it could cause. Do something like that and they could end up having to look for a new manager before the season had even begun.

Plus Coutinho is on a 5 year contract, without a release clause in it. He's not kicking up a stink either. So there is no need to sell. The club is in a very strong position here, so chill.

Because of the noises coming from the manager. He is absolutely determined to keep hold of Coutinho. FSG have also given him assurances he won't be sold. And I don't think they are even that stupid to go back on their word, given the repercussions it could cause. Do something like that and they could end up having to look for a new manager before the season had even begun.

Plus Coutinho is on a 5 year contract, without a release clause in it. He's not kicking up a stink either. So there is no need to sell. The club is in a very strong position here, so chill.

Okay, I'll take your word for it.

Seen no evidence that he has kicked up a fuss despite all the shite in the rags saying he's agreed terms and has told Klopp he wants out . Latest nonese being he will help us through the CL qualifier then fuck off. Personally I think we have had a bid which we have rejected ,a discussion with Coutinho where he was told the club wouldn't release him and the rest is just know nothing cunts making it all up

Not that I want them to at all but if Barca had any sense whatsoever they'd be after Mane instead of Coutinho to replace Neymar and go after Coutinho next summer to replace Iniesta. Mane's simply fantastic on the wing and is everything a pressing team needs in one of the front 3.