You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I haven't been watching the shows much as of late, the Rumble turned me off quite a bit, but I did watch this weeks RAW and it was rather good. I dunno what they're going to do at EC, I'm hoping for a NXT invasion of sorts with more people joining the Shield with would lead to a WM 5 on 5 match with a team WWE vs Shield, (mostly made up of the likes of Kofi and Miz who probably wont have much to do come WM and keeps the Shield relevant) I fear they'll do something stupid and split up the Shield.

I'm hoping Dolph finally cashes in too. With him facing ADR and Swagger (Jericho) at WM. Cant believe I'd ever actually like Del Rio or Swagger either. Del Rio just works as a face and they finally got Swagger a great manager. Miz on the other hand is still stinking up the joint. Him and Bo Dallas are are entering Khali territory for me in the sense that they actually conjure up disgust when they're on screen.

What's happened to the Prime Time Players too? They were hilarious and Titus would be a star if he got better in the ring.

Is that the one that Shane Omac fell 50 ft (or was it 100ft) off the entrance ramp?

Steiner/ HHH was woeful, think that was at Royal Rumble for the title?

So many story lines have been fantastic, my personal favourite was when Nature Boy released pics of him and Miss Elizabeth before the WM title match. That mag must have had record sales back then.

Watched loads of WWE from 92 - 2004 but hardly anything for years. The PG rating didnt help, nor the Cena love in. Punk really seems a talent from I read.

My interest always picks up "on the road to Wrestlemania"

KotR 2001 was probably my fave as everything around that time wrestling-wise seemed amazing, even the crappy bits.

The Angle / Shane Mc street fight was probably the first time in wrestling I'd actually felt like I wanted a great match to end because they were both so fucked and had given it their all, they had earned it.

Watching an exhausted Kurt trying to put Shane through the glass after failing to break it the firs time, you just knew the two of them were a) going way beyond the call of duty and b) totally putting their bodies on the line.

Legendary fight and one of my favourite nights of wrestling.

I think the same year was Invasion, which I also loved. Not watched wrestling for years, I kinda lost interest after Austin left but one day I'll get back into it.

Worst night I remember was the Steiner / HHH match after months and months of hyping and some of the gayest shit I've ever seen in wrestling, such as the 'pose-off'. Truly dreadful fight and the crowd were rabid. Funny stuff.

Youtube Steinermania. Comedy gold.

Kurt Angle was on fire that night. Though to be fair to the guy, he was pretty much on fire from the word go. The guy had it all. WWF/E in was pretty much golden from 98-2003 for me, barring a few atrocities.

I can't remember if I've asked before, but does anyone else here browse /wooo/? If you're familiar with 4chan and you like wrestling, it's the place to be. I'm not in love with wrestling enough these days to actually discuss it in great depth on a messageboard or anything, so joining a forum is out of the question, so instead I go there for my wrestling fix.

The Rock unveiled the new WWE title belt last night.

I'm not too keen on it. It might grow on me, but I like nameplates, and other decorative bits like eagles and banners. Gives it a bit of class. Too modern for my liking.

FTC_WWEChamp2013_Full.jpg?1361249306

I think it was pretty fitting that the last use of the old one, was to knock Cena out.

Maybe it's for the best if they fire him off. I don't find him entertaining in the slightest. Ziggler us another wrestler who promised so much last year but is now being shoved into various feuds just to keep him in the spotlight.

Whenever I watch WWE now, I see so many similarities with the Golden Era stars.

I'll give you list but you may not agree:

John Cena - Hulk Hogan

Ryback - Ultimate Warrior

Dolph Ziggler - Mr Perfect

Cody Rhodes - Ravishing Rick Rude

Damien Sandow - The Genius

CM Punk - Macho Man

Alberto Del Rio (heel) - Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase

Sheamus - British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith

Just to name a few.

I used to watch it back in the late 90s on occasion and whenever I catch it these days it just doesn't interest me in the slightest.

The biggest disappointment I find is Kane. He used to be a total beast, truly scary fucker. Now he's just a fat, bald guy. He doesn't even wear a mask anymore.

It's shit that they've gone PC but even if they didn't then there's nobody like Stone Cold or the Rock that could take the WWF back to its previous heights. Back in the day there were a fuckload of characters that were interesting/funny/mental/shocking but it's so bland these days.