You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do we miss Lucas

Christianlfc

Lame. All good stattos know outliers resulting from special causes (vs. common cause effects) which skew the normal distribution have to be eliminated to ensure the prominence of the central limit tendency.

And . . . I distinctly remember you fluffing Agger's stats the same way!

nerd-fight_thumb.jpg

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we miss him too much at all. Yes - good player and will be glad to see him come back. How much impact has it had on overall team performances imo not much. Can't help but conclude that this is just another stick to beat the players that are in the team rather than promote the merits of one who is not.

The fact is LFC have the lowest Goals/Shots On Goal ratio in the premiership. At 20.55% we are behind the likes of Wigan (21.90%), QPR (23.93%) and even the blueshite (24.55). Compared to the likes of City (37.10%), Utd (36.36% and Chelsea (33.54%) we are so far off the pace it is embarassing yet we continue to focus on how shit players such as Henderson, Adam and Downing are.

So one statistic taken in isolation doesn't prove much except that our total number of Shots is the fourth best in the premiership at 427 compared to (City 491, Chelsea 472 and Spurs 466) having played a game fewer. Our number of Shots On Goal though is only sixth best - suggesting a serious lack of accuracy.

Our problem is clear our finishing ability - not much else is wrong. This comes down to Suarez, Bellamy, Carroll, Gerrard and Kuyt many of whom appear to be immune from any criticism on here regardless of their culpability.

The way I see it, Lucas's ability defensively open up opportunities for players like Gerrard to push forward in attack. His runs in behind are far more effective 35 yards from goal overlapping strikers rather than 60 yards and overlapping Henderson. Hes in his 30's now and he needs to be relieved of his defensive work so he can focus on attacking.

I trust lucas to look after our back 4, more than any other midfielder at our club.

I don't think we miss him too much at all. Yes - good player and will be glad to see him come back. How much impact has it had on overall team performances imo not much. Can't help but conclude that this is just another stick to beat the players that are in the team rather than promote the merits of one who is not.

The fact is LFC have the lowest Goals/Shots On Goal ratio in the premiership. At 20.55% we are behind the likes of Wigan (21.90%), QPR (23.93%) and even the blueshite (24.55). Compared to the likes of City (37.10%), Utd (36.36% and Chelsea (33.54%) we are so far off the pace it is embarassing yet we continue to focus on how shit players such as Henderson, Adam and Downing are.

So one statistic taken in isolation doesn't prove much except that our total number of Shots is the fourth best in the premiership at 427 compared to (City 491, Chelsea 472 and Spurs 466) having played a game fewer. Our number of Shots On Goal though is only sixth best - suggesting a serious lack of accuracy.

Our problem is clear our finishing ability - not much else is wrong. This comes down to Suarez, Bellamy, Carroll, Gerrard and Kuyt many of whom appear to be immune from any criticism on here regardless of their culpability.

I think its more poor decision making than accuracy ie shooting from afar under pressure, or from acute angles also when a pass is a better option and vice versa. You have to also remember that our 10 (or so) strikes against the frame of the goal go down as off target, they are very fine margins and make for misleading stats.

So to sum up, the one poster slagging Lucas off is the very same poster who thinks Les Ferdinand is world class.

Figures.

It seems people don't truly understand Lucas's role is that of "volante" rather than DM.

People using phrases like 'Volante' need to take their head out of their own arse.

So to sum up, the one poster slagging Lucas off is the very same poster who thinks Les Ferdinand is world class.

Figures.

It seems people don't truly understand Lucas's role is that of "volante" rather than DM.

"volante"

Fucking hell.

You are totally meaningless. There is no point to you, or anything you say. Unless of course, you sole objective is to write total shite purposely designed to fucking irritate me. In which case, job done.

The way I see it, Lucas's ability defensively open up opportunities for players like Gerrard to push forward in attack.

Exactly. He also never gives the ball away stupidly unlike a certain other midfield general we have at the moment. That equals more possession.

Lucas's passing into the final third is a bit underrated too, not saying he's cutting teams open or anything, but he's become very adept at getting the ball into the final third, finding players who drift between the lines of midfield and attack, bit Xabi like, big shout i know, but he was approaching that level, fuck anyone that argues otherwise.

Most important of all, he does his job as that defensive midfield player. We've not had anyone doing that properly since he's been out, apologies to Jay, he's no Lucas by a long way, but even then, i'd have Jay playing more often than he has, as he at least brings a semblance of shape to the midfield when he plays.

Isn't volante just portugese for DM.

It's more than just a DM. DMs span from Makele to Lucas to Xabi with increasing responsibility for setting the attacking footing. Volante means steering wheel. In the same analogy Makele would be a handbrake and Xabi the onboard computer.

It's more than just a DM. DMs span from Makele to Lucas to Xabi with increasing responsibility for setting the attacking footing. Volante means steering wheel. In the same analogy Makele would be a handbrake and Xabi the onboard computer.

And Hendo would be the retarded red setter, with his head out of the side window and big, wet tongue flapping about in the wind.

Surprise, surprise..away for a couple of days and take a peek to what is being said on the forum..and to my surprise, following the half-decent Henderson performance in our unlucky defeat at the weekend, the Henderson thread has not been bumped by our resident Spaz Brendan, and is off the first page.

Instead the tedious mong has switched his attention back to Lucas..who unfortunately cant play well (or bad) because he is out with a cruciate injury..and he is all over this thread like a Rash (ha, ha..get the pun?)

You were bullied as a kid werent you Brendan, you bully? Was it the name? Or because you were an intolerable bore?

Surprise, surprise..away for a couple of days and take a peek to what is being said on the forum..and to my surprise, following the half-decent Henderson performance in our unlucky defeat at the weekend, the Henderson thread has not been bumped by our resident Spaz Brendan, and is off the first page.

Instead the tedious mong has switched his attention back to Lucas..who unfortunately cant play well (or bad) because he is out with a cruciate injury..and he is all over this thread like a Rash (ha, ha..get the pun?)

You were bullied as a kid werent you Brendan, you bully? Was it the name? Or because you were an intolerable bore?

You're very, very thick. I quite enjoy you running about after me, yapping away, like a retarded Jack Russell.

actually we were sixth when he got injured and only one win off fourth.

we miss him as much as silverlining and stringvest miss the point.

Hmmm. I don't share Brendan's antipathy for Lucas one little bit. I don't believe he would have made a noticeable difference to our results. If he was available now, I'd have him in the team, as it would mean Charlie Adam could be dropped.

Sorry if this doesn't square with your fanboy/hater view of the world. Actually, I'm not that sorry.

Guest TK-421
Hmmm. I don't share Brendan's antipathy for Lucas one little bit. I don't believe he would have made a noticeable difference to our results. If he was available now, I'd have him in the team, as it would mean Charlie Adam could be dropped.

Sorry if this doesn't square with your fanboy/hater view of the world. Actually, I'm not that sorry.

You still miss the point, spectacularly and often. You're another one who said we were 7th when he got injured (on the MF), and tried to make out we weren't missing him at all, when in fact the opposite is true. You big point misser.

You still miss the point, spectacularly and often. You're another one who said we were 7th when he got injured (on the MF), and tried to make out we weren't missing him at all, when in fact the opposite is true. You big point misser.

Uh-oh. I sense another of TK's demented meltdowns approaching. I do hope so, last week's was most amusing.