You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The punching above their weight thread.......

Elite

One thing that's often weirded me out when I've encountered couples where the women are significantly more attractive than their fellas, is that the fellas often don't realise it or even often act as though the opposite is true, and that the woman seems to think she's the lucky one.

Me mate's ex had this friend called Steph and she was fit as fuck, she looked like a young Reese Witherspoon but more leggy and without the fucked up chin. Fellas would be like flies around shit on nights out and she was having none of it, but whenever he turned up she looked like a dog that had just spotted its own arse. He looked like James Nesbitt and was the most boring man I've ever met, he used to tell jokes all night, I mean like "knock knock" and "English, Irishman, Scottsman" style jokes non stop. She used to go the bar for him every time and he'd be actively eyeing up other women and saying stuff like "barmaid's a bit of alright!" to you while his Mrs was in earshot. 

Sometimes the world don't make sense. If I could go back to my randy young self I'd say, Yoda style, "you must UNLEARN what you have LEARNED."

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

One thing that's often weirded me out when I've encountered couples where the women are significantly more attractive than their fellas, is that the fellas often don't realise it or even often act as though the opposite is true, and that the woman seems to think she's the lucky one.

Me mate's ex had this friend called Steph and she was fit as fuck, she looked like a young Reese Witherspoon but more leggy and without the fucked up chin. Fellas would be like flies around shit on nights out and she was having none of it, but whenever he turned up she looked like a dog that had just spotted its own arse. He looked like James Nesbitt and was the most boring man I've ever met, he used to tell jokes all night, I mean like "knock knock" and "English, Irishman, Scottsman" style jokes non stop. She used to go the bar for him every time and he'd be actively eyeing up other women and saying stuff like "barmaid's a bit of alright!" to you while his Mrs was in earshot. 

Sometimes the world don't make sense. If I could go back to my randy young self I'd say, Yoda style, "you must UNLEARN what you have LEARNED."

Some women just love being treated like shit, it's mad.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Elite said:

Some women just love being treated like shit, it's mad.

Think it's a dumb confidence thing too.

When I was out as a young lad if I'd seen a proper model type I wouldn't have gone anywhere near her. All the various permutations would go through my mind, "she goes out with a rugby wanker", "deffo not single", "might get a couple of laughs out of her then she'll fuck off." 

With him though, he'd be like "she's just a person, all she can say is no." And if she fucked him off he'd just move on to the next. Have always admired people like that, they never get depressed. 

It's like watching a puppy play with a pair of rolled-up socks, you can't understand what they're thinking but you wish you could be that happy.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

When I was out as a young lad if I'd seen a proper model type I wouldn't have gone anywhere near her. All the various permutations would go through my mind, "she goes out with a rugby wanker", "deffo not single", "might get a couple of laughs out of her then she'll fuck off." 

With him though, he'd be like "she's just a person, all she can say is no." And if she fucked him off he'd just move on to the next. Have always admired people like that, they never get depressed. 

It's like watching a puppy play with a pair of rolled-up socks, you can't understand what they're thinking but you wish you could be that happy.

Exactly, the fear of rejection (or even outright humiliation, teenage girls can be absolute bitches) trumps the potential gains.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I’ve never understood the opposite pov though. 

Every bloke has been blown out by some pig at 3/4 morning when they’re just desperate for a fuck. 

If you’re prepared to get blown out by a bird who’s at best a 3 or 4/10 then why not try it with a 10/10 stunner? 

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Massive cock?

And never underestimate the shallowness of the female psyche. 

Ever noticed how many more offers you get once you’re in a relationship and trying to behave?

Be seen hanging around/chatting up fitter women and you’ll then be seen as more attractive to other fit women who see you around them. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Having got a puppy a couple months ago, I have often looked at her playing with an empty plastic bottle, and thought "fuck me, I've never been that happy in my whole life"

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

I’ve never understood the opposite pov though. 

Every bloke has been blown out by some pig at 3/4 morning when they’re just desperate for a fuck. 

If you’re prepared to get blown out by a bird who’s at best a 3 or 4/10 then why not try it with a 10/10 stunner? 

Because when you get blown out by a 3/4 you're not expecting to be. You figure you just want the jump so go for the highest odds of success.

11 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

And never underestimate the shallowness of the female psyche. 

Ever noticed how many more offers you get once you’re in a relationship and trying to behave?

Be seen hanging around/chatting up fitter women and you’ll then be seen as more attractive to other fit women who see you around them. 

Oh aye, this is bang on the money. Since being married, work has been a minefield, almost cost me my marriage and kids. Stupidity for myself, but yeah something just goes on with single women and divorcees when they see you as some kind of stable breadwinner.

Top tip: Don't go down that road, painful as hell.

Two of my mates fit into this category. Both late forties. They’re my friends so I won’t be too harsh but both are on the unattractive side of below average.

They’re both married to very attractive women in their early thirties. Although they’re comfortable financially, their miles better halves both work full time in well paid, rewarding professions.

From what I can tell both these gorgeous ladies are devoted to their husbands.

Lucky lads the pair of them. 

I guess it takes all sorts to make the wheel of love turn. 

36 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Two of my mates fit into this category. Both late forties. They’re my friends so I won’t be too harsh but both are on the unattractive side of below average.

They’re both married to very attractive women in their early thirties. Although they’re comfortable financially, their miles better halves both work full time in well paid, rewarding professions.

From what I can tell both these gorgeous ladies are devoted to their husbands.

Lucky lads the pair of them. 

I guess it takes all sorts to make the wheel of love turn. 

Hypnosis. It’s the only answer.  

When I was about 24 I went out with a fit younger student. We were walking down Market Street and a bloke said to her ‘You’re too good for him’. He was right. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

When I was about 24 I went out with a fit younger student. We were walking down Market Street and a bloke said to her ‘You’re too good for him’. He was right. 

I’ve had this for nineteen long years. My only solace is that, on balance, this is better than me being told ‘You’re too good for her’.

I’m pretty sure I didn’t hypnotise my wife though, unless I did it accidentally. You’re probably right about my friends however, it’s the only plausible explanation. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Hypnosis is a good ploy but it's not the only answer plus it wears off.  Blackmail creates a stronger bind and lasts far longer.

Not that I'd know. 

• Upvote 1