You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best movie trilogy

Sugar Ape

Best Movie Trilogy  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Best Movie Trilogy

• Star Wars Trilogy ( Original )
    • Lord Of The Rings Trilogy
    • Indiana Jones Trilogy
    • Matrix Trilogy
    • Godfather Trilogy
    • Back To The Future Trilogy
    • Dollars Trilogy
    • Bourne Trilogy
    • Jurassic Park Trilogy
    • Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy
    • Karate Kid Trilogy
    • Blade Trilogy
    • Toy Story Trilogy
    • Evil Dead Trilogy
    • Spiderman Trilogy
    • X-Men Trilogy
    • Robocop Trilogy
    • Other - Please State

LOTR is 12 hours of pure quality - just edges past Star Wars, which itself just edges past the Bourne Trilogy (I love em!).

On an artsy fartsy - pretentious bent - what about the 3 colours by Krzysztof Kieślowski? (been a while, but I do remember being mesmerised by them)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LFD, is Die Hard now 5 films? (new one out soon taking it to 5)

Star Wars for me, then Back to The Future. Toy Story is great shout as they are class.

If you are including Star Wars as a trilogy forgetting the new ones, then you should be able to do the same for Die Hard.

If you are including Star Wars as a trilogy forgetting the new ones, then you should be able to do the same for Die Hard.

To be fair, it does state in the poll options that it means the original trilogy.

Plus the shit Star Wars are prequels to the original trilogy. So they don't really count for that reason and that they are shite.

A good trilogy for me would be three great films.

For example.

Godfather has two truly great and a god damn awful one.

Die Hard 1-3 great, 4.0 wank and this new one? Give it a rest Bruce.

Back to The Future, let down by the third in my view.

Star Wars (Original Trilogy) - Amazing all three of them. Princess Leia in that S&M outfit in The Return of The Jedi, is enough to get the overall title anyway.

The third Godfather film badly lets the trilogy down, even though I don't think it's as bad as some people make out.

I look at this this way: Rate each film out of whatever particular trilogy you're looking at out of ten, then give it an overall rating out of 30.

The Godfather for me is

Part 1 - 9/10

Part 2 - 10/10

Part 3 - 6/10

Overall 25/30.

I'd easily rate LOTR and original Star Wars higher than that. Same reason the Bourne trilogy gets nowhere near top spot for me, I like all the films but wouldn't rate any higher than a 8/10.

I believe that LOTR and Star Wars were both conceived as trilogies and it shows. I think the rest were just sequels to very successful films, possible exception being the Matrix.

My vote goes to LOTR with Back To The Future second. Saw all three LOTR films in a moving picture auditorium.

Soz Robbie, but there is a question.

Why the fuck did they make the third?.

It's fucking wank and should have no part in the series at all.

LFD, is Die Hard now 5 films? (new one out soon taking it to 5)

Star Wars for me, then Back to The Future. Toy Story is great shout as they are class.

Yeah, it was pretty pointless. Not very good and has no place with the other 2. But the other 2 are still excellent.

Die Hard 2 is fucking boss. Three is the weakest of the three but still good.

I remember seing Willis on Johnathan Ross once and he said that he was contarcted for 2 & 3 but thought that both scripts where really poor and didnt want to do them and the 4th was the one that he chose to do after the 1st,

Maybe I need to watch 2 again but it was always poor in my memory.