You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Are we allowed to like any journalists?

We can like whomever we like. I don't like Bascombe for various reasons. The main two being that he worked for what I consider to be the Sunday edition of the Sun, and that I don't think he's a very good writer. That's just my personal opinion.

So no one has a clue why he wanted the last owners to be cut some slack?

Maybe the fact that he wrote the piece,after weeks of shite from the yanks,on the day after they secured a huge shirt deal which at face value indicated a small change in direction and as is usual with CB threads,it got exploded out of proportion

"On the day the club celebrated their admirable recession-busting shirt deal, however, you couldn't help wonder if it's time the Kop bosses deserve to be cut just the smallest length of slack."

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Maybe the fact that he wrote the piece,after weeks of shite from the yanks,on the day after they secured a huge shirt deal which at face value indicated a small change in direction and as is usual with CB threads,it got exploded out of proportion

"On the day the club celebrated their admirable recession-busting shirt deal, however, you couldn't help wonder if it's time the Kop bosses deserve to be cut just the smallest length of slack."

They didn't secure anything, Ayre did.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Yes ,nearly 3 years later I do know that,on the morning it was announced I didn't .Did you ??

What's going on with your punctuation in that sentence? Anyway, I can't remember, but quite probably; I think it was even in the press release. However, fans are completely different to journalists. It's a journalist's job to, you know, research stuff. Any decent journalist would surely know that the owners, whom he admits are 'absent' in the same article, are not the ones who broker sponsorship or shirt deals.

What's going on with your punctuation in that sentence? Anyway, I can't remember, but quite probably; I think it was even in the press release. However, fans are completely different to journalists. It's a journalist's job to, you know, research stuff. Any decent journalist would surely know that the owners, whom he admits are 'absent' in the same article, are not the ones who broker sponsorship or shirt deals.

Who gives a fuck about punctufuckingation...christ,the stick up your arse must really have a stick up its arse.

Don't you think in the scoop culture of the red tops that its just a tiny bit possible that journos sometimes go to press on tip offs? I mean even Tony B's article in and around the same day neglected to mention that this was all Ayers solo work on his own ,unaccompanied,alone with nobody around. Anway,pointless even bothering to try to discuss this rationally as its clear where Bascombe is concerned that the enraged and entrenched would rather eat glass than engage objectivly

As the crazy dude said to wiggum "screw you ,I've had it up to here with your (punctuation) rules " , Im off back to the sanity and sanctuary of the GF to look at Emma Watsons minge again

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Who gives a fuck about punctufuckingation...christ,the stick up your arse must really have a stick up its arse.

Don't be silly, Cuthbert Lilly, sticks don't have arses.

Don't you think in the scoop culture of the red tops that its just a tiny bit possible that journos sometimes go to press on tip offs? I mean even Tony B's article in and around the same day neglected to mention that this was all Ayers solo work on his own ,unaccompanied,alone with nobody around. Anway,pointless even bothering to try to discuss this rationally as its clear where Bascombe is concerned that the enraged and entrenched would rather eat glass than engage objectivly

In what way haven't I been objective? He clearly got it wrong in calling for more slack for the pair of shit heads. That's not about me lacking objectivity, that's about him calling it wrong at the time. It as quite clear that Ayres was the architect of those deals because it was, you know, his job. Is it wrong to expect a modicum of research from Journalists?

As the crazy dude said to wiggum "screw you ,I've had it up to here with your (punctuation) rules " , Im off back to the sanity and sanctuary of the GF to look at Emma Watsons minge again

Your punctuation is fine, it's just that you put a space before it and not after it. Which is, you know, a bit strange. I don't care, just looked like you were typing with your elbows.

It was common knowledge Ayre was brokering the deal even before it was announced.

Bascombe's hatred of Benitez had at this point utterly consumed him.

Often the simplest answer usually the right one.

IF IT'S WHITE AND IN A BOTTLE - MILK

PERSON ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN OF SUGAR - PRIEST

But lets not forget that during the power struggle Rafa asked for Mr Hicks to be cut some slack, via some of his mates in the press. Brian Reade said

The same Rafa who was employed by Mr Hicks? And was waiting for a new contract? Where as every good red was trying to get him out and Bascombe gave us a virtual step backwards by asking to cut him slack in the biggest Sunday paper in the land when he should have been exposing him.