You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Strike Action

Sugar Ape

Can't believe how many people buy this divide and conquer stuff.

Private sector workers (of which I'm one): Paul doesn't have your pension pot, Phillip Green does. It's really that simple. The richest 1,000 people in the country increased their wealth last year by £60bn. Why are you chasing teachers and doctors for your share? How is it not clear to you who is short-changing you?

I wish people would stop talking about pensions too, I'm not in mine, even though it's a final salary one, as I have worked in pensions and don't trust it to be there when I need it in 40 years. The more people talk about them the more I keep doubting my call.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
in a nutshell ladies and gentlemen, how is there even a debate on this subject.

Any chance you want to go into how the national debt is at 700 trillion?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
tell you waht i'll send you a fucking bill for me sitting at home baby sitting my daughter?

make up for the 120 notes i've lost today you cunt.

Oh. Right.

*scratches head*

What?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You don't 'babysit' your own children. It's called 'parenting' and comes even higher on the list than work commitments.

That retort is fucking brilliant. Somebody please do the honours.

You don't 'babysit' your own children. It's called 'parenting' and comes even higher on the list than work commitments.

really?

so how do i pay for food for my daughter?

how do i pay for a roof over her head?

how do i pay for clothes that she wears?

would be a pretty shit "parent" without the above no?

oh yeah thats right.. UK bonza welfare! silly me.

really?

Put her up for adoption. She'll have a better life.

Mind you, I'll wager that if you handed her over to a Russian Mafia trafficking ring that put her to work in a Budapest brothel, it would be a step up from her current situation.

Put her up for adoption. She'll have a better life.

Mind you, I'll wager that if you handed her over to a Russian Mafia trafficking ring that put her to work in a Budapest brothel, it would be a step up from her current situation.

yes obviously my 6 year old daughter being a whore would be a better standard of living than right now.

you are quite correct you dirty shithead wrongun.

jesus fucking christ.

really?

I'm a single-parent too. I also had a kid off school today and I also work full-time. I do appreciate it's a ballache every time they've got an inset-day or the school is closed because the pipes have burst or whatever. Same story when they're off sick. However they're our kids, and our responsibility; nobody else's. Babysitting is what you do for other peoples' kids, not your own.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
how is it?

how the fuck is it?

single father with a dead wife. who the fuck else is going to look after my kid

but whos going to pay the bills?

fuck you cunt.

I was referring to the 'babysitting' part. The government help single parents to pay for childcare, btw. At least I think they still do, if the Conservatives haven't cut it.

Private sector workers (of which I'm one): Paul doesn't have your pension pot, Phillip Green does.

That's a fallacy of composition. Phillip Green's salary affects only the pension schemes of his employees (who by all means are entitled to protest). Every single private sector worker subsidises public sector pensions through the tax system.

Even if it were a valid analogy, that doesn't negate the issue at hand. Public sector workers receive 12% more in skill-adjusted salaries/benefits than the average private sector worker (nevermind the huge advantage in job security). The fact that a few rich twats in the private sector are vastly overpaid doesn't make that disparity justifiable.

yes obviously my 6 year old daughter being a whore would be a better standard of living than right now.

jesus fucking christ.

Dude, this was a good interesting thread until you popped in to say hello.

jesus fucking christ.

Setting aside the spectacular way in which you've missed my point, I take it you agree she'd be better off adopted as you haven't challenged that.

Anyway, to try and get the thread back on track, I've watched a lot of the coverage today and the BBC are absolute cunts. Every question is loaded. Impartial coverage? I don't think so.

Incidentally, question time should be good tonight.

Can't believe how many people buy this divide and conquer stuff.

Private sector workers (of which I'm one): Paul doesn't have your pension pot, Phillip Green does. It's really that simple. The richest 1,000 people in the country increased their wealth last year by £60bn. Why are you chasing teachers and doctors for your share? How is it not clear to you who is short-changing you?

I wish people would stop talking about pensions too, I'm not in mine, even though it's a final salary one, as I have worked in pensions and don't trust it to be there when I need it in 40 years. The more people talk about them the more I keep doubting my call.

There we go again Monty banging the commy drum. Phillip Green probably feeds more families and is responsible for more wage packets every week than you can imagine. Where would the public sector be without guys like Phillip Green. There wouldn't be one.

He generates wealth. He circulates cash. He takes it in creams of his cut and passes it on. More power to his elbow.

Setting aside the spectacular way in which you've missed my point, I take it you agree she'd be better off adopted as you haven't challenged that.

Just out of interest how was the point not spectacularly offensive?

There we go again Monty banging the commy drum. Phillip Green probably feeds more families and is responsible for more wage packets every week than you can imagine. Where would the public sector be without guys like Phillip Green. There wouldn't be one.

He generates wealth. He circulates cash. He takes it in creams of his cut and passes it on. More power to his elbow.

Where does his wife live again?

Just out of interest how was the point not spectacularly offensive?

It was a point about her current situation, compared to an awful scenario. Hence the point was about him, not his daughter working in a brothel. Which others seemed to have grasped.