You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Allan

No, but perhaps standing on the pitch during the rangers game wasn't his best option either.

this is the problem though, we're making excuses for the morons, 'he stood on the pitch', 'he cupped his ear'

those actions should not result in death threats or attacks, end of

the blame sits squarely with the idiot minority

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the problem though, we're making excuses for the morons, 'he stood on the pitch', 'he cupped his ear'

those actions should not result in death threats or attacks, end of

the blame sits squarely with the idiot minority

We're not making excuses. What you're not grasping is these people are irrational morons so any provocation will be seized upon, magnified and returned in kind.

What you see as 'just cupping his hands to his ears' they see as defiance so escalate previous actions.

He needs to concentrate on managing the team and not get involved in the rest of it although now it's probably too late.

so basically, he should give the morons what they want and walk away quietly

not so sure myself

Not really sure how you managed to get that from my post! And, I would certainly not revert to 'Basically' for what is essentially a sectarian argument. But basically he is an obnoxious tit, and seems to be too stupid to tone it down a bit, just after he has been sent a bomb.

It isn't standing up to the bigots either, he was there, he did his job and did not shy away, he did however walk on the pitch and cup his ears to the Rangers fans, it was stupid and deliberatly confrontational.

Shoot Lennon in the head.

Ban Scottish football forever.

PROBLEM solved.

You think this shit is because of football?

There is a deep-rooted hatred between Protestants and Catholics which runs much deeper than any ball game. Football is just a handy forum for their expression.

If they banned Scottish football the cunts would find another arena.

Fuckin ban Protestants and Catholics as far as I'm concerned. Make them all join the Church of England, give them tea and cakes and teach them to make quilts until their fingers bleed.

Utter utter nonsense on a grand scale. If you are telling me all this would be happening anyway if he is a Scots-Prod then you are talking right out of your arse. Pure and simple. But I think you know that.

O’Neil is a former Celtic Captain and fan, and because of that he is hated by Rangers fans. Fair enough. But his views on an All-Ireland team his religion and thr fact he's Irish mean he is now on the end of vicious attacks on him, his home and his family, and it is all sectarian. Please don’t even try and pretend that the people doing this are only doing it for footy reasons. The Belfast-Lite gobshites in Glasgow fucking sicken me at times

At no point did I suggest this was only for football reasons.. I said it was not because he was an RC from NI. Which has a LOT to do with it. There are loads of RC Irish and NI players in Scotland, so why are they not receiving bullets and bombs? As I said previously he is a passionate Celtic fan and is Celtic manager, he cannot seperate the two. When he was a player he mouthed Orange bastards at Rangers fans on live TV, he spat on a Rangers scarf live on TV. The Celtic fans sing 'Like me and you he's a provo too' also display scarfs with the same words. So all of this adds fuel to the fire.

I also think there is something more suspicous happening across the water. As much as I dislike him, I find it unbeleivable (as do ALL of the Rangers fans I know) that the threats he is receiving! As far as we are concerned its football, for others it is something else, the idiots doing this are not Rangers or football fans in my eyes.

On another note, my sister knows him personally and assures me the lout we all see in public is so far removed from the real Neil Lennon its beyond description. I need to take her word for it. But maybe that ties in with what I said previously, he should stick to supporting his club.

We're not making excuses. What you're not grasping is these people are irrational morons so any provocation will be seized upon, magnified and returned in kind.

What you see as 'just cupping his hands to his ears' they see as defiance so escalate previous actions.

He needs to concentrate on managing the team and not get involved in the rest of it although now it's probably too late.

It was a daft thing to do. He knew it would provoke a reaction but he still did it anyway. I dont want to sound like im justifying what happened to him, but he really is a tit who doesnt help himself.

Look at the cunt who 'attacked' him. A real village idiot for the 21st century:

Goatee, baseball cap and that shitey Sports Direct apparel from the neck down. Clearly a right wanker who couldn't hit a punchbag in a phone box.

Doesn't matter though, in some quarters up here he'll be a fucking hero and have tribute pages dedicated to him on social networking shites. Never have to buy a pint again but always looking over his shoulder. Welcome to Scotland. 'What school did you go to mate?' People have speculated: 'What if he'd had a knife?' The obvious answer to that is that the dozy fucker would've cut himself.

The debate here shouldn't be about whether Neil Lennon brings any of this on himself. Sure, he's a little aggravating cunt, and his behaviour at times can be at best, questionable, but there's been plenty of them in the game. The key points surely, and lay them out in their shameful, depressing and frankly embarrassing entirety for all to see, are the facts that Scotland and Scottish football is a place filled with bigoted, poisonous, sectarian and utterly unacceptable behaviour. From both sides I might add. For the manager of a football team, any team, to be sent bombs and bullets in the post is way beyond comprehension, and pretty much unheard of in normal societies. Not in Scotland though, where bigotry is as much a part of the fabric of life as it's always been. Living here, I've seen it all my days. Not just at football matches mind, but in pubs, clubs, neighbourhoods, schools, taxi ranks and late night kebab shops.

When Celtic legend Tommy Burns died, Walter Smith and Ally McCoist helped carry his coffin. A fitting tribute for a popular and respected man that, albeit briefly, very briefly united the two sides in grief. Actually united is maybe too strong a word. Think more ' uneasy truce '

Any bridges built then have been blown to fuck by the knuckle-dragging extremists, and this country better wise up to it's part played in this ongoing shame.

At no point did I suggest this was only for football reasons.. I said it was not because he was an RC from NI. Which has a LOT to do with it. There are loads of RC Irish and NI players in Scotland, so why are they not receiving bullets and bombs? As I said previously he is a passionate Celtic fan and is Celtic manager, he cannot seperate the two. When he was a player he mouthed Orange bastards at Rangers fans on live TV, he spat on a Rangers scarf live on TV. The Celtic fans sing 'Like me and you he's a provo too' also display scarfs with the same words. So all of this adds fuel to the fire.

I was talking to a Northern Ireland red on MSN last night. He said to me "why did none of this happen to Martin O'Neill? He's Roman Catholic, played for Northern Ireland and managed Celtic".

He said it was basically because Lennon has acted appallingly as Celtic manager.

"Mad" Martin might have danced like a loonie on the touchline but he didn't insult/disrespect other clubs and start trouble with their managers. He was also hugely successful as Celtic manager, winning everything and taking them to a UEFA Cup Final in 2003.

Surely he would be a more appropriate target for the nutjobs to target and get rid of rather than Lennon who has essentially handed Rangers the title?

This lad also mentioned Lennon's politics and alleged he has links to the hard-core Republican movement (not Nationalist), and that this is playing a part too. Scotland, like the Republic, is linked to Northern Ireland through history and politics. Scottish farmers formed the majority of the "plantation" so the countries are inexplicably entwinned.

You wouldn't expect a ultra Protestant with deep-loyalist sympathies and politics (I'm referring to the UVF/UFF/UDA not the Democratic/Ulster Unionists) and a perchance for disrespecting other teams to manage a club in the Republic & be free from abuse.

I remember Gazza acting like a buffoon when he was up there, stupidly "playing the flute" to ingratiate himself with the baser elements of Rangers support (like Moyes constantly playing the Heysel card). He received threats too, the stupid get.

You simply can't behave like the lowest kind of Celtic or Rangers supporter, pandering to the bigots when you are involved with the "Old Firm" and expect nothing to come back.

Look at all the crap Moyes & Kenwright have caused by playing "the poor us, destroyed by the European ban" card"?

Everton's younger support (born after Heysel) actually believe that it was us that cost them their chance of glory, their deserved right I might add. There is a nastiness at the Derby that was not there 20 years ago, a nastiness that is actually getting worse and will continuing to do so if Kenny maintains our form into next season like we are finishing this. The first Derby of next season, especially if it is at Goodison, will be choice if we are up there at the top whilst Everton struggle.

The fact is as a manager/player you have a responsibility to the club, the supporters (not the knuckledraggers still living in 1690 or 1916) and football in general. Especially in the powder keg that is the "Old Firm".

Look at how nasty our Derby is and we don't have the Sectarian shite going on.

Lennon's ingraitated himself with one set of backward Neanderthals and p*ssed off the opposite side, with their nutjobs sending bombs, bullets and threats.

And before anyone starts there is no justification for sending anyone a bomb, bullet or threat...

...unless they manage Everton or Manchester United of course. ;)

I was talking to a Northern Ireland red on MSN last night. He said to me "why did none of this happen to Martin O'Neill? He's Roman Catholic, played for Northern Ireland and managed Celtic".

He said it was basically because Lennon has acted appallingly as Celtic manager.

"Mad" Martin might have danced like a loonie on the touchline but he didn't insult/disrespect other clubs and start trouble with their managers. He was also hugely successful as Celtic manager, winning everything and taking them to a UEFA Cup Final in 2003.

Surely he would be a more appropriate target for the nutjobs to target and get rid of rather than Lennon who has essentially handed Rangers the title?

This lad also mentioned Lennon's politics and alleged he has links to the hard-core Republican movement (not Nationalist), and that this is playing a part too. Scotland, like the Republic, is linked to Northern Ireland through history and politics. Scottish farmers formed the majority of the "plantation" so the countries are inexplicably entwinned.

You wouldn't expect a ultra Protestant with deep-loyalist sympathies and politics (I'm referring to the UVF/UFF/UDA not the Democratic/Ulster Unionists) and a perchance for disrespecting other teams to manage a club in the Republic & be free from abuse.

I remember Gazza acting like a buffoon when he was up there, stupidly "playing the flute" to ingratiate himself with the baser elements of Rangers support (like Moyes constantly playing the Heysel card). He received threats too, the stupid get.

You simply can't behave like the lowest kind of Celtic or Rangers supporter, pandering to the bigots when you are involved with the "Old Firm" and expect nothing to come back.

Look at all the crap Moyes & Kenwright have caused by playing "the poor us, destroyed by the European ban" card"?

Everton's younger support (born after Heysel) actually believe that it was us that cost them their chance of glory, their deserved right I might add. There is a nastiness at the Derby that was not there 20 years ago, a nastiness that is actually getting worse and will continuing to do so if Kenny maintains our form into next season like we are finishing this. The first Derby of next season, especially if it is at Goodison, will be choice if we are up there at the top whilst Everton struggle.

The fact is as a manager/player you have a responsibility to the club, the supporters (not the knuckledraggers still living in 1690 or 1916) and football in general. Especially in the powder keg that is the "Old Firm".

Lennon's ingraitated himself with one set of backward Neanderthals and p*ssed off the opposite side, with their nutjobs sending bombs, bullets and threats.

And before anyone starts there is no justification for sending anyone a bomb, bullet or threat...

Spot on mate.Also putting the likes of Slab Murphy up on his regular trips to Glasgow wouldnt be helping him either.

the victim-blaming of lennon continues

the usual way it goes is

"nobody should deal with bombs/bullets in the post but (then lists speculative reasons why lennon's behaviour has somehow provoked the act)"

if it's just coz lennon is the devil incarnate then why did godman, mcbride, mcginn and mccourt get bombs and bullets too?

an utterly fallacious argument

it's disgusting, it's wrong, nobody should have to deal with it - stop talking about lennon's behaviour, talk about the kants who are sending bombs and bullets and how we stop these morons (and no the answer is not to ask lennon to calm down, there are about a million things that would be more relevant and have greater impact than that)

On the money again.

I'm not saying Celtic are some bastion of reason. They are not, and have plenty of sectarian twats in their fan base also, but it is not comparable to what the other side is at.

The league is a mess from top to bottom. And the decent and proper Rangers and Celtic fans hate it.

Rangers and Celtic are the two sides of the same shitty sectarian coin and without that sectarian element to their support they'd be nothing. They openly thrive on it. Let Alex Salmond disband the whole set up I say. And I'm sick of hearing all this 'our lot aren't as bad as your lot' shite. Both are as fucking bad as each other!

(By the way, this is my first post on here after lurking for years. Shame I broke my duck posting about these two abortions of clubs and their scumbag support).

Edited by kerbdog

Rangers and Celtic are the two sides of the same shitty sectarian coin and without the sectarian element to their support they'd be nothing. They openly thrive on it. Let Alex Salmond disband the whole set up I say. And I'm sick of hearing all this 'our lot aren't as bad as your lot' shite. Both are as fucking bad as each other!

(By the way, this is my first post on here after lurking for years. Shame I broke my duck posting about these two abortions of clubs and their scumbag support).

Fair enough, I say. It's not like anything remotely interesting has been happening with us.

Your a fucking arsehole. ''My friend the Northern Ireland red.'' Yea, he'll know everything.

Just shut up!

Rangers and Celtic are the two sides of the same shitty sectarian coin and without that sectarian element to their support they'd be nothing. They openly thrive on it. Let Alex Salmond disband the whole set up I say. And I'm sick of hearing all this 'our lot aren't as bad as your lot' shite. Both are as fucking bad as each other!

You've been lurking for years and your first post is this load of bollox?

People making excuses for any of these actions on the grounds of Lennon being a cunt are at best stupid and at worst showing their own bigotry without realising.

Come on, Kerbdog, post two, lad.

Personally I don't think you're a million miles away from right.

(And, Zurbs, I have no axe to grind in terms of Celtic or Rangers, but do recognise inappropriate behaviour on the part of responsible individuals when I see it ie Lennon has been disgraceful in his behaviour for quite some time. Or does that now make me a bigot....?)

You've been lurking for years and your first post is this load of bollox?

People making excuses for any of these actions on the grounds of Lennon being a cunt are at best stupid and at worst showing their own bigotry without realising.

'This load of bollox'? Are you implying that I'm making excuses for the Scottish Premier League shitfest? I would assume any right minded individual condemns what has happened to Neil Lennon. Its wrong. No it's actually more than that. It's a fucking disgrace! End of!

Now that thats been clarified, take me through my previous post and point out any part of the content with which you disagree with and then when you've done that then point out the bigotry I've supposedly displayed 'without realising'.

He knows more than you, then again so does my cat.

I always wondered what way the retards were going to spin this but never guessed you had Lennon as a wannabe Bin Laden. That's right up there with the Ulster Salute. Jesus!

Why did McCourt and McGinn get bullets in the post? Just wondering like? If you don't know, just ask your cat.

I always wondered what way the retards were going to spin this but never guessed you had Lennon as a wannabe Bin Laden. That's right up there with the Ulster Salute. Jesus!

Why did McCourt and McGinn get bullets in the post? Just wondering like? If you don't know, just ask your cat.

Bin Laden wasn't Ginger.

yeah but to bring up and incident from 1949 in Northern Ireland is a bit silly imo.

I dont for one second doubt that this is because Neil Lennon is a catholic but its also fuelled by his actions and the manner in which he conducts himself, sectarian bigots are not exactly the most rational people in the world so they will see hostility there and react with hostility, though the sooner this nonsene get eradicated the better, hopefully the arrests made today will put and end to these bullets and letter bombs as that kind of shit is just cowardly and despicable

As far as Lennon is concerned, sectarian bigots will see provocation when he gets out of bed in the morning and leaves the house, it's his very presence that they object to. That's kind of the nature of bigotry. Whatever else he does on top of that is just frosting a turd.

The FSA should make both old firm sides play all their games behind closed doors for a season, the situation (and their complete failure to get a grip on it) is turning Scottish football into a joke as far as the rest of us are concerned. You just can't have this sort of shit going on around the game in 2011.

As for the 'fans', as far as I'm concerned all the sectarian cunts can meet up one Saturday afternoon and kill each other; I think everyone outside of their number would agree that the world would be improved immeasurably by their prompt removal from it. Hell, I'd watch it if Sky sorted a PPV deal out.