You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

13 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Leeds, Southampton and Bournemouth are the three that flush, you can take that to the bank. All three are truly horrific 

Leeds have got a lot of attacking talent, they'll get enough points to stay up despite their glaring flaws. Bournemouth have a Championship team but Champions League effort. They have a chance. Not looking good for Southampton but they've still shown some signs of life and two wins changes everything.

Leicester should be worried. And Forest. And I hope Everton start thinking they're safe and relax a little, because that frothing at the mouth, manic, alehouse Dyche footy inside a hostile Goodison is the only thing giving them a chance. If they take their foot off the gas even a tiny bit they'll be right in the shit. And they don't have that many home games left anyway.

5 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

We've had a shocking season, and yet the 7-0 against Man Utd pretty much beats all of their highlights, except for maybe the Bayern game. Some history they've got. 

Us losing to Real Madrid in Kiev is still their best result this century. It must have absolutely destroyed them after we knocked Barca out and went and won it the following year. It would be worth going back through that Liverpool thread on GOT to see the posts from the night we beat Barca 4 nil just to laugh. 

2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

All those famous nights under the lights at the Old Lady. 

When you see shite like this you realise the true levels, imagine that as your clubs highlight reel.

What next, that time we won a corner that came off our player and scored from it, the crowd went berserk, limbs everywhere. We lost 2-1 but at the time it was brilliant.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Us losing to Real Madrid in Kiev is still their best result this century. It must have absolutely destroyed them after we knocked Barca out and went and won it the following year. It would be worth going back through that Liverpool thread on GOT to see the posts from the night we beat Barca 4 nil just to laugh. 

I was gutted in a way that I wasn't here for Istanbul to see them all doing the conga and laughing at 3-0 down then us winning on penalties. That must have been bad for them, like having the best drug on earth to going cold turkey in the same evening. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I was gutted in a way that I wasn't here for Istanbul to see them all doing the conga and laughing at 3-0 down then us winning on penalties. That must have been bad for them, like having the best drug on earth to going cold turkey in the same evening. 

Hahaha yeah I know. Farts 

23 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Was out with a blue mate on Saturday who is basically claiming an Arsenal title win as an Everton success because of Arteta. 

Cool.

Can we claim the 1968 European Cup because of Matt Busby?  Preston can claim Shankly's trophies and West Ham can claim George Kay's 46/47 title.

54 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Cool.

Can we claim the 1968 European Cup because of Matt Busby?  Preston can claim Shankly's trophies and West Ham can claim George Kay's 46/47 title.

We'll also have Larry Lloyd's league titles and European Cup while at Forest. McManaman's champions leagues at Real. 

6 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

I think I have mentioned on here before  that I watched the game in the Standard in West Derby, and when the Milan 3rd went in an Evertonian divvy in the doorway jumped up to celebrate and cracked his head open on the lintel. He was still being tended to by paramedics as we went level.

• Haha 10
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I remember reading their thread for that game the day after. Was wonderful entertainment. Loads of cockiness at the beginning with most of the posters predicting Barcelona would win the second leg as well. And then they proceeded through each of the 5 stages of grief as the match unfolded. Most of them had decided that Messi had always been a complete fraud of a player by the end of the game as well. 

10 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

I reckon Evertonians go up to Bayern fans when they bump into them abroad go "Bet you hate us for 1985 when we beat you, bet you've never forgiven us". 

I've said it before, but it bears repeating; the fact that the only decent side they've ever beaten in Europe is Bayern puts their European pedigree on a par with that of Norwich.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

I started to get texts through from a blue mate on the Friday morning as I arrived back at Manchester. Things like ‘oh this is getting embarrassing for yous’ and ‘ have to cancel that victory parade lol’ . Worked out after they were sent at half time.

He told me after that as he lived in town he was kept awake all night by the constant beeping and cheering too!