You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pep Reina is unhappy and demands showdown talks with NESV

EgyptianRed

If this happens we will have seen our best players dissolve away over the past few years, it will be a fucking travesty. Whatever reason Reina wants out for should be addressed immediatly before we become annoymous from the top clubs.

You dont win fuck all selling your best players and we have been doing that now for 3 years.

Surely the club know the answer to that question already and its a straight choice of supporting the manager or backing a member of staff who happens to be the best in the world at what he does.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would he feasibly go?

Inter, Real and Barca don't need keepers.

Surely he won't go to another English club, unless he's not the classy man we all think he is.

I think this article is highly speculative and with no quotes, few options for Reina to move to - I am hopeful it is bollocks. I am also hopeful one or two signings from NESV should ease Reina's fears.

What do you expect from him mate? Just carry on with us winning nothing like he has done for the past few years? He owes us nothing and has no ties with the club, maybe if the new owners come out in January and spend a bit instead of all this 'Arsenal model' stuff thats coming out then we might be able to keep hold of our best players, we cant expect them to hang around another 2 years to get back in the CL, and theres no guarantee then we will be back in it.

What do you expect from him mate? Just carry on with us winning nothing like he has done for the past few years? He owes us nothing and has no ties with the club, maybe if the new owners come out in January and spend a bit instead of all this 'Arsenal model' stuff thats coming out then we might be able to keep hold of our best players, we cant expect them to hang around another 2 years to get back in the CL, and theres no guarantee then we will be back in it.

I expect a bit of loyalty.

We bought him and helped turn him into one of the best keepers in the world. He's won the FA Cup, he's had a title challenge, he's had some superb night in Europe, such as a Champs League final.

I don't want to see players leave the first sign of trouble - Hyypia didn't do that, nor did Hamann, Alonso only left because of Rafa...

If he wants to go, then sell him as we did with Mascherano - but I think Pepe is a loyal man, just as Fernando was in the summer.

All summer I read on here and in the papers that Gerrard and Torres were going and I didn't believe it, I a not believing Reina is going - especially now we have new owners and this article has no quotes from him directly.

We bought him and helped turn him into one of the best keepers in the world. He's won the FA Cup, he's had a title challenge, he's had some superb night in Europe, such as a Champs League final.

I don't want to see players leave the first sign of trouble - Hyypia didn't do that, nor did Hamann, Alonso only left because of Rafa...

If he wants to go, then sell him as we did with Mascherano - but I think Pepe is a loyal man, just as Fernando was in the summer.

All summer I read on here and in the papers that Gerrard and Torres were going and I didn't believe it, I a not believing Reina is going - especially now we have new owners and this article has no quotes from him directly.

you really arent that stupid or are you?

This was the man who stood up for this club when Carra and Stevie wouldnt say a word.

This is a man who loves LFC more than any other player at the club but cant work with the current manager. If Rafa had left I am pretty sure Xabi would have stayed and were at that point again,

Just Google Pepe Reina San Miguel and you will see what Pepe thinks of our great club

So no dissing Pepe

We didn't, Benitez & Valero did.

Now they're gone, they're nothing to do with Liverpool F.C anymore. Infact, Benitez was treated like shit by some people from our club, so I can't blame Pepe for wanting out really, especially as he has to work with a clown of a goalkeeping coach and a shite manager.

At what personal cost? If as rumoured Pepe believes the current training regime is of the pre-historic english type and is preventing him reaching his maximum level should he just start kicking his heels? People like Reina are motivated by becoming the best that they can, if you put them in a position where they can't, you have big problems.

There was a bloke on RAWK whose son was a goalkeeper at the LFC academy before and after Xavi Valero put together the goalkeeping programme with Pep Segura. The difference was like primary school vs. post-graduate. That is why there is now the term a "Reina Type Keeper" seeping into our language; having him dive on the floor for an hour (which is what Scott Carson claimed we didn't do enough of and why our coaching was flawed) is not going to cut it.

Pepe wants to be the best, if you don't provide that platform, he will leave. I don't blame him and I don't think he's asking for anything that we shouldn't be providing as a matter of course.

I wasn't dissing Pepe Nick, read my post again.

I was answering a question and then said why I think Pepe will stay, because he is loyal and loves our club.

You may love the company you work for but if your working relationship with you boss is intolerable and you had the chance to change you would change however much you loved your company, that simple really

At what personal cost? If as rumoured Pepe believes the current training regime is of the pre-historic english type and is preventing him reaching his maximum level should he just start kicking his heels? People like Reina are motivated by becoming the best that they can, if you put them in a position where they can't, you have big problems.

There was a bloke on RAWK whose son was a goalkeeper at the LFC academy before and after Xavi Valero put together the goalkeeping programme with Pep Segura. The difference was like primary school vs. post-graduate. That is why there is now the term a "Reina Type Keeper" seeping into our language; having him dive on the floor for an hour (which is what Scott Carson claimed we didn't do enough of and why our coaching was flawed) is not going to cut it.

Pepe wants to be the best, if you don't provide that platform, he will leave. I don't blame him and I don't think he's asking for anything that we shouldn't be providing as a matter of course.

That's the key word there.

I will believe that when I see it in quotes from Reina.

I can understand him not being happy with Hodgson (I also don't think he's the man for the job) and maybe he doesn't like the new training - but I'd rather he got on with it rather than threw his toys out of the pram if that was the case. If things continue as they are, then Hodgson won't last long. If they improve then he'll be happier and I'd like to see him give NESV a chance to turn our fortunes around.

I support Liverpool and want players at the club who want to be here, if Reina wants to go - then sell him.

But my hunch tells me this is paper talk, not fact.

Hopefully Inter lose on the weekend, Rafa gets sacked and Valero comes back. Wasnt just Reina he did a great job with, Torres called him a "genius" for making it easier to score goals by telling him what certain keepers did.

with our gent of a managers 35 years experience of not being wrong ever, hed know better than to allow valero back :whistle:

Guest San Don

I had it on good authority what was in the wind with reina. Very sad and disappointed if he wants away but if a player doesnt want to be at Liverpool then its get the biggest fee for them and move them on.

After seeing them Daily Mail quotes the other day I thought he was making noises about a move.

The "I dont want to go back to Spain, I want to stay in England" line was horrible! If he were to leave it could only be for Arsenal really, no way it could ever be them other horrible cunts. No way he'd ever do that to us. Theres too much mutual respect for that to happen.

Wouldn't blame him one iota if he did want out. After what has happened this season I wouldn't expect him to be the last out the door before May comes.

When we made the current managerial appointment I would not be surprised if 1 or 2 very big names had a double take and asked what direction the club was headed in. They have been shown where the club is headed now since the start of the season and their minds are being made up for them now.

I had it on good authority what was in the wind with reina. Very sad and disappointed if he wants away but if a player doesnt want to be at Liverpool then its get the biggest fee for them and move them on.

At the risk of repeating myself which can be annoying for some posters Pepe wants to leave Roy Hodgson and the GK Coach he has not LFC football club which he loves and which he stood up for much more than Gerrard and Carra who id gladly see leave the club before Pepe

Why the fuck would he go to Arsenal? He won't win trophies there.

We have won an FA Cup since they have won a trophy, we won the European cup the season before.

I think this is bollocks, just as everyone thought Torres was going in the summer. These two love LFC and I think they'll give NESV a chance to turn our fortunes around.

Show the big man some respect and let's not believe an article with no quotes.

but if its a player who wants away because of the manager and goalkeeping coach,and the player is the best in the world at what he does do you think we should make a special case?

im genuinely asking because im not sure myself,there is the argument that allowing ANY player to dictate who the manager is is just wrong.and the possobility that sacking hodgson to keep pepe might not work anyway,plenty of clubs would be more than happy to sign him in the summer when he could potentially go anyway even if we bent over backwards now trying to prevent it

At the risk of repeating myself which can be annoying for some posters Pepe wants to leave Roy Hodgson and the GK Coach he

and how do you know that Nick?

Seems you are putting 2+2 together... and letting the fact you want rid of Hodgson as the main factor.

You might be right, but I don't see how you can say you know this for sure.

Hodgson's an English manager in the English mould, appointed by the English media and, regrettably, English football is shit. We are, in particular, playing without any kind of tactics and we will win through grit and luck if we manage to win anything at all.

Of course he's fed up; Torres clearly is too. I'd be fucking fed up if I was a professional playing for us, watching our manager make blunder after blunder in the media, sitting deep to protect a one-nil lead at Wigan. Players like Pepe and Torres are world class. They are lucky enough that they can afford to play at a team that not only wins trophies but also plays football. They've both been here for a number of years, they've both served the club admirably and they ought to play somewhere where they're happy.

Right now, we have fan support and ownership going for us. We don't have a good manager, we don't have Champions league football and we probably won't next year, and we're persisting with a man who will never win a league or a major trophy for us because he isn't tactically astute enough. We simply aren't that attractive a team in practical terms.

Why the fuck would he go to Arsenal? He won't win trophies there.

We have won an FA Cup since they have won a trophy, we won the European cup the season before.

I think this is bollocks, just as everyone thought Torres was going in the summer. These two love LFC and I think they'll give NESV a chance to turn our fortunes around.

Show the big man some respect and let's not believe an article with no quotes.

People give me a hard time for making the same point over and over again FFS you totally miss the point he could join Bristol Rovers if it got him away from Roy Hodgson

People give me a hard time for making the same point over and over again FFS you totally miss the point he could join Bristol Rovers if it got him away from Roy Hodgson

No I get your point, I am just not convinced you are right.

but if its a player who wants away because of the manager and goalkeeping coach,and the player is the best in the world at what he does do you think we should make a special case?

im genuinely asking because im not sure myself,there is the argument that allowing ANY player to dictate who the manager is is just wrong.and the possobility that sacking hodgson to keep pepe might not work anyway,plenty of clubs would be more than happy to sign him in the summer when he could potentially go anyway even if we bent over backwards now trying to prevent it

You have to ask the question about Pepe standing up for the club and if that counts for anything.

If it was Xabi V Rafa then theres no contest. but in this instance you have the worst manager in the world against the best GK in the world.