You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

4TH JULY PROTEST!! THIS IS OUR MOMENT!

Kopkid09

Hi guys

i posted a few days ago about an idea someone had over on RAWK, i personally thought it would be a brilliant idea. The problem we seemed to have was SOS were not too confident on numbers for it to happen.

Ladies and Gentlemen this is our moment, while those two are celebrating Independance Day on 4th July we will be fighting for our Independance against them! Lets push it out and turn out in numbers, its a free day off the World Cup as well. Please reply either YES you will attend if it happens or NO you cant make it.

Details are as followed (copied and pasted from RAWK ) If you are members of other sites please forward this on! LETS STAND TOGETHER TO SAVE OUR CLUB!

Date: Sunday 4th July 2010

Time: TBA

Plans: A mass march from Liverpool city centre to Stanley Park (via Anfield).

The plan is to meet outside St George's Hall and make our way passed Anfield and onto Stanley Park. We want everybody to help distribute anti-Gillett and Hicks leaflets/posters/stickers whilst on the march, to hand out to all non-participants we will pass. We will need one volunteer to operate a megaphone, leading the chants/songs at the front of the march (after all, there's nothing worse than not singing in unison). We want everybody to bring their anti-Gillett & Hicks flags/banners. If you don't have one, make one. It doesn't need to be a work of art. A simple sheet with a clear message painted on will do the trick. Once we arrive at Stanley Park, a mass amount of black balloons will be released into the sky.

Pre-march plans: On Thursday 1st July at 6pm BST, everybody who plans to participate in the march will send a pre-planned e-mail to a selection of media contacts (similar to the Rafa support e-mails a few weeks ago) to let them know are plans and give them chance to

This is a free date in the World Cup.

This isn't a debate on whether you think Rafa should be manager or not, this is simply a protest to let Gillett and Hicks know, we won't give up until they are gone. If they stick around much longer, we won't be discussing whether Rafa should be the manager or not as we won't have a football team in existant for anybody to manage.

I've been in contact with SOS about plans but they had doubts about the date/time due to the start of the holiday season but I had a lot of messages of support when I originally suggested the idea and I think we can make this work. If the march is to be effective though, we will need big numbers to attend and to make ourselves seen and heard by the UK media.

Who's in?

----------------------------

Resources

SOS leaflets and posters - Leaflets and Posters – Spirit Of Shankly – Liverpool Supporters' Union

Flag making explained - Flag Making Explained.

Black balloons - wholesale balloons - Google Search and/or black balloons items - Get great deals on Home Garden, Clothes, Shoes Accessories items on eBay UK!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sack RAWK off man they are a bunch a fedgefesterers.

What's it supposed to acheive here? Is Hicks going to think 'shit' and sell for a low price?

Your gonna need more than releasing balloons mate.

its not about TLW vs RAWK, its about OUR club, keep putting pressure on Hicks to sell, a lot of shit has come out recently and the press have been all over it, but hey, why not just sit around and wait for things to happen and hope for the best!!.

I dont know about you,but if we are going down,id rather go down with a fight!

YES or NO

I'm supportive of the thoughts and passion here but I can't see this working. A random march on a non matchday in Liverpool really isn't even going to even register on the Hicks and Gillets radars. Also about the independance day thing, hate to be pendantic but Gillet is Canadian mate.

I'm supportive of the thoughts and passion here but I can't see this working. A random march on a non matchday in Liverpool really isn't even going to even register on the Hicks and Gillets radars. Also about the independance day thing, hate to be pendantic but Gillet is Canadian mate.

Err no. No he's not. He just owned the Montreal Canadiens at one point. We've got enough trash like Avril Lavigne, Hedley and Celine Dion being associated with us. Don't push it.

its not about TLW vs RAWK, its about OUR club, keep putting pressure on Hicks to sell, a lot of shit has come out recently and the press have been all over it, but hey, why not just sit around and wait for things to happen and hope for the best!!.

I dont know about you,but if we are going down,id rather go down with a fight!

YES or NO

Fight, well yeah if he's gonna turn up I'm up for that like. You can get the small one.

I've already said that people who go the match and buy anything that puts money in the pocket of these shysters is asking to be raped or at least for LFC to be raped.

I cannot support something I have no faith in, theres lots of direct action to be taken and that has already been undertaken but I don't see where this is going, given the situation faced on the ground.

I don't think this will matter one jot to making the sale go any quicker, if anything it could be just as much argued it would steer an owner away. It didn't help Newcastle despite their fan's efforts.

The banks or money are the only things that will force a quicker sale.

I mean look at the Mancs, thought they were great telling the world they were gonna buy the club and all this curly turd when the Glazers will never sell, why would they when these pricks are still buying shirts and going the match in Green.

I applaud the sentiment and the effort, but like the Tooth I can't see it making any difference.

Ultimately, Hicks and Gillett need never step foot in the UK again, nevermind Liverpool or Anfield, and they can still bleed the club dry. Just like the Glazers up the road, scarves or no scarves, they ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

If it educates people enough to make them consider a boycott then it may be worth it, but I can't ever see a boycott being big enough to make a difference either.

The most frustrating thing about them is that there really is very little we can do (in practical terms) to get them to sell up quicker than we'd like.

Don't think its about Hicks and Gillet giving a fuck - we already know they dont

Its about us giving a fuck - its about us sticking together - its about enough people getting together to say you know what you robbin bastards we are on to your game, we dont believe your lies and we are prepared to do something about it, you aren't welcome here.

It depressing to read the 'there's nothing we can do' bollocks - we can do plenty there are just too many who aren't prepared to do anything - without fans the club is nothing - and its not just gate money or shirts its sponsorship, tv money everything - you really think Sky want to show an empty stadium or the premier league - and yes I know there is no game but this is about showing what could happen if the fuckers dont leave

july 4th, no WC game the media will be wanting stuff to cover could be good timing

whats the price of Liverpool with no fans - sure as hell its not £800 million

you'd have to ban standard chartered shirts though - be like wearing a Norwich scarf over a new united shirt

think the march would need a point though - it'd need something at the end of it - even if it were a band or a speech or a picnic but something

It depressing to read the 'there's nothing we can do' bollocks - we can do plenty there are just too many who aren't prepared to do anything - without fans the club is nothing - and its not just gate money or shirts its sponsorship, tv money everything - you really think Sky want to show an empty stadium or the premier league - and yes I know there is no game but this is about showing what could happen if the fuckers dont leave

Of course it's depressing, but it's true. In practical terms a boycott big enough to make them sell up isn't going to happen. How many season ticket holders will opt not to renew this summer?

Even if as many as 50% didn't renew there'd still be 15,000 season ticket holders and that's even before taking into account those from the waiting list who'd snap up a ticket in an instant.

I dont think the organisers of this event are expecting G&H to sell up immediately after this march, but rather that it will send the message loud and clear that the majority of LFC fans want them out and want them out now. It will also help raise awareness amongst LFC fans in general, the people who we see wearing the standard chartered jerseys and suggesting that we sign David Villa, as, unfortunately, a lot of LFC fans are not aware of how close to the edge our football club is.

Rather than standing back and critisizing I think people should try to be proactive about this if they are in the position to do so.

I for one will travel from Ireland to attend this March.

I dont think the organisers of this event are expecting G&H to sell up immediately after this march, but rather that it will send the message loud and clear that the majority of LFC fans want them out and want them out now. It will also help raise awareness amongst LFC fans in general, the people who we see wearing the standard chartered jerseys and suggesting that we sign David Villa, as, unfortunately, a lot of LFC fans are not aware of how close to the edge our football club is.

Rather than standing back and critisizing I think people should try to be proactive about this if they are in the position to do so.

brilliant

Broughton is supposedly the guy we should be putting pressure on.

You really like picking shit out of your 'ass' dont you?

And what, pray tell, is putting pressure on Broughton going to do? Force an early sale? Make him go to the owners and say 'drop your asking price, you bounders'?

Onl the bank may be in a position to force a sale early and even then, its doubtful the owners would blink.

I just feel like im not doing enough, if it was to raise just awareness amongst our fans then in my eyes thats worth it alone. Its a Sunday by the way for whoever asked.

Im scared that this could be the end for our club. Im definatly going to come and support the protest if it happens.

Of course it's depressing, but it's true. In practical terms a boycott big enough to make them sell up isn't going to happen. How many season ticket holders will opt not to renew this summer?

Even if as many as 50% didn't renew there'd still be 15,000 season ticket holders and that's even before taking into account those from the waiting list who'd snap up a ticket in an instant.

understand your point and to be honest I have a lot of sympathy for the season ticket holders - they are scared about the consequences of not renewing - but buying the ticket and attending the game aren't the same

ideally the union should be offering to record who refuses to renew and making sure the new owners recognise their rights but I doubt that will happen or be enough of an assurance.

the boycott would only work if enough got behind it - but to get enough behind it it has to be easier/more fashionable than just burying your head and pretending the best thing to do is get behind the team

thats why the march should be targetting raising awareness amongst the fans, more than getting rid of the two leeches - a show of red strength if you like - the worry is obviously if its not well attended credibiity is screwed which is one of the reasons SOS have avoided it to date I think

it needs a purpose/focus - marching for marchings sake isn't likley to work and I'd agree without SOS support not sure what it could accomplish

I wonder whether the club hierarchy are assuming that the pressure will be released by the fact that the media & public will be almost totally World-Cup focused from now on , and if so I think a mid-Summer march is an excellent idea.

As others have pointed out, it won't bring the owners down on its own, but we need to keep a dripping tap approach.