You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Happy Rumour Mill (Takeover bids, transfer talks etc)

WhiskeyJar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to the attack from the MP in the Houses of Parliment and the forthcoming 4th July protests it was obvious something like this was going to be leaked.

When Rafa was sacked a member of the board leaked that we were supposed to be signing Yaya Toure so as to try and deflect the attention away from the shite happening at the club.

RBS will continue to extend the owners credit unless the publicity gets too bad ergo the club 'leaks' news to try and deflect any protests.

Due to the attack from the MP in the Houses of Parliment and the forthcoming 4th July protests it was obvious something like this was going to be leaked.

When Rafa was sacked a member of the board leaked that we were supposed to be signing Yaya Toure so as to try and deflect the attention away from the shite happening at the club.

RBS will continue to extend the owners credit unless the publicity gets too bad ergo the club 'leaks' news to try and deflect any protests.

Shit I forgot about that. Pathetic, why do all these newspapers have differing ideas of our transfer budget as well? Everyone's guessing what the fuck is going on at Anfield these days. all we know is that whatever it is, it's not good.

Just seen this in my inbox from RBS:

Thank you for contacting RBS concerning our ongoing relationship with Liverpool Football Club.

You will have seen the press release from Liverpool Football Club, announcing the appointment of a new, independent Chairman, Martin Broughton, and details of the formal sales process launched by the current owners, Thomas Hicks and George Gillett Jr. This process needs to be allowed sufficient time to maximise the chances of the Club being sold to ownership capable of realising its long term potential. However, we are confident that the Chairman and the Board will be mindful of the need to avoid any unnecessary delay in concluding a sale, as it is in no one’s interest to risk deterioration in the performance of the Club prior to it being sold.

Our common goal is the long-term success of Liverpool Football Club and the Bank’s primary objective is to ensure financial stability, so that the Club can continue to perform both on and off the football pitch.

There is little more I can add at this juncture, only to reiterate we are supportive of the steps that have been taken and we hope to have the opportunity to continue our financial support for the Club under its new ownership, once determined.

Thank you once again for taking the time and trouble to write to us. I appreciate that the Club’s finances have been a source of frustration for many supporters but it is in the interest of the fans, the Club and the Bank that we continue to support it through this process to ensure its longevity for all concerned.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Lowry

Head of Public Affairs

Royal Bank of Scotland Group

I know some people won't like what I'm about to say but...

Does this mean the new owners are involved? Why what Pellegrini come to us with no funds and no guarantee that he will habe a job when new owners come in. Pellegrini wouldn't ever be a stopgap manager, kenny would do that but not pellegrini.

I heard that The new owners were starting to drag their feet so we said fine we will hire Roy hodgson, not our standard at all, an sell some of our best players to pay debt, it was all to panic the new owners into speeding it up.

Don't know if it's true but seems to make sense in a bizzare sorta way!

I know some people won't like what I'm about to say but...

Does this mean the new owners are involved? Why what Pellegrini come to us with no funds and no guarantee that he will habe a job when new owners come in. Pellegrini wouldn't ever be a stopgap manager, kenny would do that but not pellegrini.

I heard that The new owners were starting to drag their feet so we said fine we will hire Roy hodgson, not our standard at all, an sell some of our best players to pay debt, it was all to panic the new owners into speeding it up.

Don't know if it's true but seems to make sense in a bizzare sorta way!

Copy and Pasted off that gash football rumours site?

I agree with this from Brian Reade 100%:

Last summer when his agent was begging Barcelona to take him, he put it out that his wife couldn’t settle in England because she missed Hispanic culture.

He should just be a bit more honest and ask Liverpool for a transfer, because if Inter came up with £55million they would bite their hands off. Mascherano is very good, but his Anfield contribution is often over-rated due to his Hollywood tackles.

Plus they have a ready-made replacement in Lucas Leiva who, despite his scapegoat-status, is blossoming into an effective defensive midfielder.

So £55million it is then? What do you mean that’s way over the top. Let me refer you to how Inter Milan’s new coach defined the Argentinian’s worth last summer:

“Mascherano has no price. Barcelona could not afford to match his value to Liverpool Football Club – even £50million wouldn’t buy him.”

Over to your new chequebook Rafa.

Will we get the money though?

Not all of it no, but probably some of it. It depends on how likely a takeover is looking. RBS' influence in the boardroom means in my opinion that repayment on the KOP holdings loan is unlikely (which suits C&A as they just want all that lovely interest at this stage), RBS wouldn't sanction it while their debt remains unpaid.

Then if the board don't feel a takeover is likely they may raise/save funds to cover the repayments in December (IIRC). The only other reason to sell up would be if the player wants to leave.

Of course, there is the added complication of who the new manager wants. Obviously if a takeover is likely it makes sense to wait on purchases until it goes through so we can afford the top targets, rather than settle for second best now.

Fiorentina for Bresciano and Insua only a matter of time

19.06.2010 13.58 di Gianluca Losco

Source: Lady Radio / Michael Criscitiello

Speaking to the microphones of Radio Lady, our director, Michael Criscitiello, has provided details on possible arrivals in purple by Mark Bresciano and Emiliano Insua "After Gaetano D'Agostino, Fiorentina is planning five more purchases.'s Interest to Brescia has long been known, and ds Corvino would move ahead before the player is out of contract with Palermo, went abroad. Insua is already an agreement with the player, of course, in football you do not know ever, but it should be only a matter of time."

El Mundo have a piece, which is also now in Marca, that Barca are showing interest in the Mascher again. Albeit at a somewhat lower price than that mentioned regarding Inter's interest. Saying that now Rafa's gone they can negotiate with the club freely.

Brian needs to take a note of what their suggested offering is likely to be -

In addition to the interference of Inter, the problem that the club is economical, because after the 40 million paid to Valencia for Villa, only one is ready to tackle another major deal in the case of Cesc Fabregas, for which recruitment has set a ceiling of 45. For Mascherano would seek to pay between 10 and 15 million euros. His contract with Liverpool, the club they came in January 2007, ends in 2012 so the 'reds' know that if they want to get an economic benefit prior to the free, they cannot sleep.

El Mundo have a piece, which is also now in Marca, that Barca are showing interest in the Mascher again. Albeit at a somewhat lower price than that mentioned regarding Inter's interest. Saying that now Rafa's gone they can negotiate with the club freely.

Brian needs to take a note of what their suggested offering is likely to be -

In addition to the interference of Inter, the problem that the club is economical, because after the 40 million paid to Valencia for Villa, only one is ready to tackle another major deal in the case of Cesc Fabregas, for which recruitment has set a ceiling of 45. For Mascherano would seek to pay between 10 and 15 million euros. His contract with Liverpool, the club they came in January 2007, ends in 2012 so the 'reds' know that if they want to get an economic benefit prior to the free, they cannot sleep.

Fuck off, I'd keep Mascher for 18 months rather than let him go for $15 euro.

Insua wants out? don't blame him.

As for £10-15 million for Mascherano? Fuck right off Barcelona, they're the biggest cunts in the transfer market this summer. £29 million for Fabregas?

Honestly have a feeling we're gonna get ripped off bad this summer for one player at least

Why don't you blame him?

He should feel lucky he is still here to be honest.

Why don't you blame him?

He should feel lucky he is still here to be honest.

He is only 21.

But he doesn't have the pace, nor the strength for the Premier League. It just isn't for him, Italy would suit him much better. But it will mean we don't have a recognised Left Back. Looking at our transfer budget, who was that young lad who came on at Hull?

Rafael Benitez is being tipped to sign highly-rated Danish centre-back Simon Kjaer for Inter Milan having tracked the Palermo player’s development while in charge at Liverpool. The 21-year-old, who is a self confessed Liverpool fan, is currently earning plaudits for his performances at the World Cup and has been consistently linked with a move to England in the last twelve months with Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal all tipped as possible suitors.

Likely to leave Sicily should a suitable bid be forthcoming, the player has yet to confirm where his preferences lie although having admitted that he was a childhood Liverpool fan it appears that his heart lies with the Anfield outfit. .

Would be great if we could get this deal done with cash from the Chief.

The lads a fan and works well with Agger

Rafael Benitez is being tipped to sign highly-rated Danish centre-back Simon Kjaer for Inter Milan having tracked the Palermo player’s development while in charge at Liverpool. The 21-year-old, who is a self confessed Liverpool fan, is currently earning plaudits for his performances at the World Cup and has been consistently linked with a move to England in the last twelve months with Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal all tipped as possible suitors.

Likely to leave Sicily should a suitable bid be forthcoming, the player has yet to confirm where his preferences lie although having admitted that he was a childhood Liverpool fan it appears that his heart lies with the Anfield outfit. .

Would be great if we could get this deal done with cash from the Chief.

The lads a fan and works well with Agger

Although, I mus fess up, I've only seen Kjaer play for Denmark at this tournament, I gotta say he hasn't impressed me at all.

Agger has looked the far more accomplished of the two.

Purslow quotes here on Insua, he has gone missing in the UK press but has turned up with quotes in Italy.

Liverpool general director Christian Purslow has revealed that Emiliano Insua does not want to leave the club, despite speculation over his future.

The 21-year-old left-back has not had the best of times since moving to Anfield in 2007, and has an uncertain future at the club now that Rafa Benitez has left.

A new Reds manager has yet to be unveiled, and Purslow insists that any discussions on Insua's future will have to wait.

"At this moment the only objective of the club is to find a new coach and then evaluate the whole roster of players with him," he told calciomercato.com.

"I cannot confirm the interest of Fiorentina for Insua, even if in Italy he is highly regarded, for example at Lazio who last season often came to view him in person.

"I don't think the player wants to leave Liverpool. When and where he'll do this request, regardless of the difficulties of the club, we'll talk.

"I exclude at the moment that everything can be resolved within a few days."

Insua, an Argentina international, moved to Liverpool from Boca Juniors but has not set the Premier League alight since his transfer.

Sky Sports | Football | Transfer Centre | Speculation | Purslow - Insua wants to stay