You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hicks and Gillett Officially Put LFC Up For Sale

Paisley Red

If it makes people feel better about things, then that's fair enough I guess.

But that's just perception. When you analyse it, what has really changed?

Why have they announced it then, in your opinion?

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be a good thing, then?

I like the idea of an open welcome of offers.

If, as you rightly point out, the club has been for sale for a while, then it seems pointless to announce it. I'm taking the positives, and see it as the catalyst to a full not partial sale, which I like. I want them gone.

Oh and the reason for all this is because we are fucked, if theres no CL we aren't a viable economic investment so they panic.

Theres loads of clubs up for sale.

True but there is only one Liverpool Football Club.

May I suggest we sit back and see what transpires? Far better that than some of the bitch fits being thrown on here.

people saying the situation is the same as before are wide of the mark (imho) as only gillette wanted out with hicks continually vetoing the sale. they BOTH want out now. I think its fucking GREAT news

I agree, this is the first real statement that they both want out. We should be cautious with these two but this is a massive step in the right direction.

Oh and the reason for all this is because we are fucked, if theres no CL we aren't a viable economic investment so they panic.

Theres loads of clubs up for sale.

It's astounding how many people are missing the main point of this - and that is, that BarCap with Broughton are now conducting the negotiations and will make the EXECUTIVE decision about who, when and how much.

As has been stated before, BarCap are BIG hitters in this game, their reputation is what they trade on, their ability to get things done is the product they sell. Before accepting the position they have now got they would have defined the EXACT working paramaters that they would be willing to work to. That will have included a "Purchas price range" that they will sell the club for the Leeches.

It appears that this is very much the "End Game" for the Leeches.

They're not 'out of it' simply because they have a six month extension - they have to 'display genuine' willingness to sell. No more talking to interested parties and then scaring them off with stupid exagerated conditions of sale.

Things are indeed now looking a lot rosier.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
people that are scared we wont be able to sell

think about it, when you think of an actually brand recognised the world over how many teams spring instantly to mind

liverpool

barca

real madrid

bayern munich

man united

Who?

people saying the situation is the same as before are wide of the mark (imho) as only gillette wanted out with hicks continually vetoing the sale. they BOTH want out now. I think its fucking GREAT news

yeah, that's a good point I suppose.

I may be naive but i'm seeing this as good news. Hopefully it's the beginning of the end of these two parasites.

I still have major concerns about the future though. World finance is so unstable (as we've seen the last couple of years) that i'll be worried whoever we get in.

I just want the stadium built so that we can start becoming self-sufficient etc.

No doubt they want to sell at the right price, but I am extremely cautious where these two cunts are concerned, and with reason. I also don't think just anyone will be an improvement.

We're about to jump out of the frying pan, let's hope we miss the fire.

The Right price - as defined by the Market (through BarCap auspices) not the Leeches price.

This might sound a bit shit to some, but I just want some absolutely stinking filthy rich arab or summat who will blow stupid amounts of money and not really care how much.

We have the name, the draw and the pedigree to blow the likes of man city and chelsea in to the dust.

Personally, the interview with the chairman left me with an overall feeling of positivity. The chairman spoke sensibly and answered every single question without steering it in the direction he would be easy with. What he said about the new stadium was very positive and he also hinted that there were potential buyers lined up already.

The only thing that did annoy me in the interview, was that he could have made it clearer to the fans what our transfer policies will be this summer. Saying, "we will have money to spend" is just unclear to everyone. That statement left me very uneasy, and I am worried that there may be another net spend of £0 this summer. Liverpool needs new players to help the likes of Torres and Stevie. In the summer we need a new left back, left winger, back up striker and centre back, if we are to seriously challenge for trophies next season. We need money to do that, so I am hoping for a owner who is coming in has very deep pockets. But the most important thing is that he must have the right intentions for Liverpool FC.

All in all, this is very positive news for our club. The sooner those Yank cunts are gone the better. The 2 years of hell could be over very soon!

This might sound a bit shit to some, but I just want some absolutely stinking filthy rich arab or summat who will blow stupid amounts of money and not really care how much.

We have the name, the draw and the pedigree to blow the likes of man city and chelsea in to the dust.

That's not something i've ever wanted but after the last couple of years, I can't say i'd complain too loudly.