You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite gigs on 2009

Snoopy

Well whats been everyones favourites this year

1. Doves - Ulster Hall, Belfast

2. Manic Street Preachers - Ulster Hall, Belfast

3. The Prodigy - Odyssey, Belfast

4. Pet Shop Boys - Echo Arena, Liverpool

5. Depeche Mode - SECC, Glasgow

6. Leonard Cohen - Odyssey, Belfast

7. White Lies - Mandela Hall, Belfast

8. Morrissey - Waterfront, Belfast

9. Bob Dylan - o2, Dublin

10. U2 - Croke Park, Dublin

Other decent shows

Massive Attack - Manchester Apollo

The Specials - St Georges Market, Belfast

Tinariwen - Mandela Hall, Belfast

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - St Georges Market, Belfast

Orbital - Tripod, Dublin

Karine Polwart - The Black Box, Belfast

Franz Ferdinand - Mandela Hall, Belfast

Festivals

Blur - Glastonbury

Neil Young - Glastonbury

Bruce Springsteen - Glastonbury

Boy Least Likely To - End of the Road

Okkervil River - End of the Road

Guest ShoePiss

This looks more like a list of every show you went to rather than your favourite gig of 2009.

Anyway my favourite of last year would have been the double header of Franz Ferdinand and Cold War Kids. $20 to see the both of them plus another support group. Value and brilliance.

Depeche Mode - SECC, Glasgow

That was my number 1. Great to see them here at last. Was at the Dublin show two nights before and they were just as good

Off to London in Feb for th O2 gig - rumoured to be their last ever UK show :angry:

As stated in this thread (although with time passing the top 5 has changed)

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/84602-gigs-i-have-been-recently-thread.html

1. Spiritualized (Ladies & Gentlemen) - Barbican Centre Dec - Brought tears to my eyes

2. The Walkmen - C2 Brighton February - Stunning, simply stunning

3. We Were Promised Jetpacks - ICA London July - Outplayed the headliners, as expected. Best gig of the 3 times I saw them this year.

Review: We Were Promised Jetpacks and The Twilight Sad @ ICA - Londonist

4. The Antlers - The Hope December - I was sent somewhere else for an hour, somewhere fucking impressive.

5. The Wave Machines - Freebutt Brighton November - The best of the 4 times I saw them this year. They fucking went for it. They're getting big in France, such a shame they're not getting similar audiences here.

Other gigs on the other thread.

As stated in this thread (although with time passing the top 5 has changed)

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/84602-gigs-i-have-been-recently-thread.html

1. Spiritualized (Ladies & Gentlemen) - Barbican Centre Dec - Brought tears to my eyes

2. The Walkmen - C2 Brighton February - Stunning, simply stunning

3. We Were Promised Jetpacks - ICA London July - Outplayed the headliners, as expected. Best gig of the 3 times I saw them this year.

Review: We Were Promised Jetpacks and The Twilight Sad @ ICA - Londonist

4. The Antlers - The Hope December - I was sent somewhere else for an hour, somewhere fucking impressive.

5. The Wave Machines - Freebutt Brighton November - The best of the 4 times I saw them this year. They fucking went for it. They're getting big in France, such a shame they're not getting similar audiences here.

Other gigs on the other thread.

The Walkmen are an astonishingly good band. You & Me is still my favourite album of recent years. I saw them at the Electric Picnic last year and they were just immense.