You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Mathewbet1

Cheers Dynamite, the map packs look really good too!

I was loving your causal swearing when dieing earlier, I'm exactly the same.

It's worse when I'm flying solo. I have also switched off me mic when partied up with you all, just so you couldn't hear my OTT reaction to being fucked over.

I need to get a headset, it seems more interesting, especially listening to dynamite through the tv, which is comedy.

That's yourself and Gatnick that need/want a headset. As I said earlier in one of the threads, can't remember which, I have a spare headset gathering dust that I'd be more than happy to give to either of you should you want it.

It's worse when I'm flying solo. I have also switched off me mic when partied up with you all, just so you couldn't hear my OTT reaction to being fucked over.

That's yourself and Gatnick that need/want a headset. As I said earlier in one of the threads, can't remember which, I have a spare headset gathering dust that I'd be more than happy to give to either of you should you want it.

Hi Dynamite, If you want to do a deal for it then Im happy to, but please, only if Gatnick doesnt want it.

Hi Dynamite, If you want to do a deal for it then Im happy to, but please, only if Gatnick doesnt want it.

It's available for nowt, I got it free with a game many moons ago.

I'm away for a bit from tomorrow, so I can send it to whomever wants it when I get back.

• 2 weeks later...

IW have released barebones games to the playlist, meaning that no killstreak rewards will be allowed. No more running for cover when a Chopper Gunner or AC-130 goes up.

These game types should already be on XBL, so apologies if you've already discovered these, however, like myself, PS3 owners will have to wait until July 6th for the modes to hit the playlist, which coincidentally is the release date for Resurgence on the PS3:

MW2 Barebones

If you’re tired of getting pounded by killstreak rewards in Modern Warfare 2 you’re in luck because just moments ago Infinity Ward added two Modern Warfare 2 ‘Barebones’ playlists. The two new playlists, called Barebones Pro and Objective Barebones Pro, are in a variety of game modes and also allow for Xbox Live Party Chat.

While they’re not quite ‘barebones’ modes in the full sense of the word (you still get to use perks,) being able to play Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer games without those pesky killstreak rewards in the sky will be a godsend to the more hardcore First-Person-Shooter gamer.

Fans of Capture the Flag might be dissapointed to learn that in order to make room for the new Playlists CTF no longer has it’s own Playlist. It’s still in Team Tactical, Objective Barebones Pro, and Resurgence playlists. Just not its own playlists anymore.

The Barebones Playlists are only live on the Xbox for now but they will hit the Playstation 3 and PC alongside the Resurgence Package DLC on July 6th. Check out Infinity Ward’s announcement below.

Infinity Ward

Just uploaded two new playlists to Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer that allow you to play public matches with no Killstreaks in a variety of game modes. This update is available currently on Xbox Live, and coming to alongside the Resurgence Package DLC for PC and Playstation 3 the week of July 6th. The exact details of each new playlist are below:

Barebones Pro:

Play Team Deathmatch and Free-for-All. All Killstreak rewards are disabled.

Players: 4-8

*Xbox LIVE Party Chat allowed

Objective Barebones Pro:

Play Domination, Demolition, HQ Pro, and Capture the Flag. All Killstreaks rewards are disabled.

Players: 8-12

*Xbox LIVE Party Chat allowed.

Not been playing the game as much lately as I am shit and getting frustrated with it, but these last few days I have really started enjoying it again, although my stats are shit I can feel my game slowly improving.

I played a couple of times on Xbox during my travels over the last couple of weeks, oh how I long to play again on the PS3. The Xbox controller is just horrible.

I'll no doubt be on over the course of the upcoming weekend.

I played a couple of times on Xbox during my travels over the last couple of weeks, oh how I long to play again on the PS3. The Xbox controller is just horrible.

I'll no doubt be on over the course of the upcoming weekend.

7 days without signing in, is that right Dynamite?

7 days without signing in, is that right Dynamite?

It was more like 2 weeks. I did sign in earlier to see if any updates were required.

Been all over the place the last 2 weeks, but am now back from my jaunt around, and will be back online and playing over the weekend, stood down Saturday night and have Sunday night off as well.