You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Liverpool way now seems to be not supporting your team when they need you, sticking the knife into the manager and players, booing the team when results dont go your way, expecting to win things with an arrogance Man Ure or Chelsea would be proud of and showing ignorance in klnowledge for the game.

Really is a sorry state of affairs and an embarrasement to all of us who remember why we fell i love with the club.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember in 05' when things were looking very similar to now and Gerrard came out publically and said we couldn't win the Champions League. Benitez told him, to only think about winning it and that belief helped us go on to win the competition.

I think during the season it is the time to support and at the end, during the summer it is the time to judge once everything has been concluded and everything can be fully assessed and taken into account.

If we lose faith in Benitez and the team now, we won't achieve anything. They need support, just as they needed it in Istanbul when we looked down and out - something that can give them a lift and get our season back on track as we did against United a week ago.

Once Aquilani, Gerrard, Johnson, Riera, Agger all get back into the team and Torres is fully fit I'm sure we'll see a different team and a different attitude from our 'supporters'.

Don't kid yourself. There was booing in the '70s and 80s also.

There is also a big difference between having a reasoned go at the manager while still supporting the team, and some twat just shouting his mouth off about everyone from the manager to the tea lady, of which I feel there will always be afew, but they are no greater then at any other time when we were having a lean spell.

By the way, Rafa still has my support and I still believe he is absolutely the right man for the job, before I get accussed of been anti Rafa.

The Liverpool way now seems to be not supporting your team when they need you, sticking the knife into the manager and players, booing the team when results dont go your way, expecting to win things with an arrogance Man Ure or Chelsea would be proud of and showing ignorance in klnowledge for the game.

Really is a sorry state of affairs and an embarrasement to all of us who remember why we fell i love with the club.

You know what else is embarrassing? Not being able to spell embarrassment.

Basically, we should just shut up and 'act classy' while ignoring the fact that our team are stumbling around with more passengers than British Airways and a manager who looks so devoid of ideas he'd struggle to pick something for his tea?

It is the fluctuating opinion that gets me.

If people don't rate Benitez or back his methods fair enough, I can understand this.

Put some people change their opinion each week depending if we win or lose. They loved him after the United result, they want him gone now.

Some consistancy would be nice.

It is the fluctuating opinion that gets me.

If people don't rate Benitez or back his methods fair enough, I can understand this.

Put some people change their opinion each week depending if we win or lose. They loved him after the United result, they want him gone now.

Some consistancy would be nice.

That's not true.

I wanted him gone last season and I want rid this season as well. He was a shitty man manager who can't spot a player or build a squad before we beat Man U and he was still a shitty man manager who can't spot player or build a squad after we beat them.

As Ted quite geniusly put it the other day. Man U was a blip.

I wish people would put as much effort into supporting the team as they do criticizing it.

6th place and 9 points behind the leaders last time I read the league, for a second there I thought we were Hull. Silly me.

If you seriously want to get rid of the manager, November ain't the time to do it, especially with the injury list we've got at the moment.

Basically, we should just shut up and 'act classy' while ignoring the fact that our team are stumbling around with more passengers than British Airways and a manager who looks so devoid of ideas he'd struggle to pick something for his tea?

Such unclever nonsense wrapped in such an unfunny metaphor.

I wish people would put as much effort into supporting the team as they do criticizing it.

6th place and 9 points behind the leaders last time I read the league, for a second there I thought we were Hull. Silly me.

If you seriously want to get rid of the manager, November ain't the time to do it, especially with the injury list we've got at the moment.

I agree. 100%.

....We should have done it in the summer.

But it wasn't, and here we are, so maybe we should get behind the team.......?

I do. 100%.

When I'm at the match I sing and get behing the team as good as anybody.

but that doesn't mean we have the right manager. Cos we don't.

Don't confuse letting off steam on here with not getting behind teh team. The two things aren't even remotely related.

Man U was a blip.

Course it was. Like our 2nd place last year and our performances in the champions league the last 5 seasons, qualifying for the CL every year and his titles with Valencia.

That's total shit Tom. He's not perfect on the man management side I'll grant you, but he's worked miracles with hardly any money against much better funded clubs.

Can't think of another manager that won't take us backwards, under the same financial pressures, bar maybe Wenger, and even that'd be a gamble. I've yet to hear a viable alternative. A top manager won't come and work for Hicks and Gilette. It'll be someone like Curbishly or Allardace. It'll be suicide if he gets pushed out. A total fucking disaster.

I do. 100%.

When I'm at the match I sing and get behing the team as good as anybody.

but that doesn't mean we have the right manager. Cos we don't.

Don't confuse letting off steam on here with not getting behind teh team. The two things aren't even remotely related.

Oh I'm not mate, but I wouldn't bet that everyone's the same as you.

Course it was. Like our 2nd place last year and our performances in the champions league the last 5 seasons, qualifying for the CL every year and his titles with Valencia.

That's total shit Tom. He's not perfect on the man management side I'll grant you, but he's worked miracles with hardly any money against much better funded clubs.

Can't think of another manager that won't take us backwards, under the same financial pressures, bar maybe Wenger, and even that'd be a gamble. I've yet to hear a viable alternative. A top manager won't come and work for Hicks and Gilette. It'll be someone like Curbishly or Allardace. It'll be suicide if he gets pushed out. A total fucking disaster.

Sense.