You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Missus has been on loads of local dog shelters facebooks etc for a few years now. A few weeks ago this little fella appeared. She fell in love and sent an email in. A week last we went and met him for the first time. Today we went and picked him up. 

Very nervous in the car but in no time has got comfortable and is already a full fledged member of the family. 

Loki ladies & gents. 

88565931-CF57-4D21-AD03-6FE826681691.png

03D99856-7D71-486C-9843-6B54D20F649C.jpeg

1D9BD017-ECFB-4A82-851D-8C7E4B788F58.png

B724B89C-2A2B-479C-8A15-6B6EA43709A2.png

1501D4BD-164B-4792-B698-FEF6B15482F3.jpeg

Happy for your mate, he looks boss.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Missus has been on loads of local dog shelters facebooks etc for a few years now. A few weeks ago this little fella appeared. She fell in love and sent an email in. A week last we went and met him for the first time. Today we went and picked him up. 

Very nervous in the car but in no time has got comfortable and is already a full fledged member of the family. 

Loki ladies & gents. 

Gorgeous.

Don't finger it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Interesting to see how he will get on with your relatives black lab.

It's my mates black lab and tbh I can't see us having him again because the lab doesn't really like other dogs. We will take him down for a visit but doubt we will have him for weeks on end again. 

Loki is supposed to be half lab half springer but no chance he's springer, someone said maybe half lurcher but I think he's half Lab/half jack Russell. Poor things had a shit first 12 months, not anymore though. I'm already bottom of the pecking order. 

14 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Loki ladies & gents. 

Top dog!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Loki ladies & gents. 

And about time. Nice one!

Edit,  Mrs HL said he's lovely.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It's my mates black lab and tbh I can't see us having him again because the lab doesn't really like other dogs. We will take him down for a visit but doubt we will have him for weeks on end again. 

Loki is supposed to be half lab half springer but no chance he's springer, someone said maybe half lurcher but I think he's half Lab/half jack Russell. Poor things had a shit first 12 months, not anymore though. I'm already bottom of the pecking order. 

He's an absolute belter mate, congrats. Welcome to being bottom of the pile but at least Loki is going to have a great time!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Loki ladies & gents. 

Have you had a dog before, Stig?  If not, welcome to your new world.

I never wanted a dog.  I got pestered and pestered.  One day I said something like, "If you were to get a dog, what type would it be...?"

If my life was a Scorsese film, that moment would be the freeze frame and voice over.

That was 10 years ago.  Now we've not got one dog, we've got two.  And our lives are structured around them.  It's absolutely ridiculous.

And it will be ever thus.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, razor said:

I never wanted a dog.  I got pestered and pestered.  One day I said something like, "If you were to get a dog, what type would it be...?"

If my life was a Scorsese film, that moment would be the freeze frame and voice over.

That was 10 years ago.  Now we've not got one dog, we've got two.  And our lives are structured around them.  It's absolutely ridiculous.

Hahaha! I'm sure it's not that bad.

I have mate yeah. I'm aware it's not gonna be the same but tbh I needed a change in my life as well. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

How was Loki on his first night mate, did he live up to his name?

Bit of a pain settling mate. Expected though. She had to sleep downstairs with him. Took him on his first walk early this morning, he's been an absolute dream. No issues even minor really at all. Hasn't learnt to use the toilet in the back yet, lots of pisses on the way to the park then a big turd once we got in. 

17 hours ago, razor said:

Same with me, we've still just got the one dog, but the world revolves around her.

Next year the wife is going abroad for the week with her mum and our girls. Me and the lad will be here to look after the dog, but it will be a full time job because she pines for the wife something rotten.

Wouldn't swap her though, she's my little mate, absolutely adore her

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Bit of a pain settling mate. Expected though. She had to sleep downstairs with him. Took him on his first walk early this morning, he's been an absolute dream. No issues even minor really at all. Hasn't learnt to use the toilet in the back yet, lots of pisses on the way to the park then a big turd once we got in. 

Just marking his territory. 

The little one we got from the rescue centre was hard work and that was with two other dogs to latch onto. 

It just takes a bit of time and a lot of patience. 

The rewards are spectacular though.

Loki looks a cracker in the pictures, he'll be your best mate before long, if he isn't already.

Dogs. Fucking love them.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Just marking his territory. 

The little one we got from the rescue centre was hard work and that was with two other dogs to latch onto. 

It just takes a bit of time and a lot of patience. 

The rewards are spectacular though.

Loki looks a cracker in the pictures, he'll be your best mate before long, if he isn't already.

Dogs. Fucking love them.

Nice one mate. He seems to have latched onto me more than her so far so I'm bloody made up 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Loki ladies & gents. 

Good doggy! He deserves a nice present for Christmas (link below - or you could see if DHGate do a line in petwear). Impress the missus with your devotion to the little blighter.

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/lfc-23-24-home-pet-tee?utm_proposition=retail&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkqSlBhDaARIsAFJANkh_lR6a94ASFXoKJkzc3C8y_FXkGJ0Bgs3y08xfjvi4j47tQUXvz48aAlPCEALw_wcB

LFC 23/24 Home Pet Tee

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Good doggy! He deserves a nice present for Christmas (link below - or you could see if DHGate do a line in petwear). Impress the missus with your devotion to the little blighter.

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/lfc-23-24-home-pet-tee?utm_proposition=retail&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkqSlBhDaARIsAFJANkh_lR6a94ASFXoKJkzc3C8y_FXkGJ0Bgs3y08xfjvi4j47tQUXvz48aAlPCEALw_wcB

LFC 23/24 Home Pet Tee

Hahahahaha, just showed her and she told me to fuck off. Cheers! 

I knew this would happen but I didnt appreciate this would be so soon after losing my awesome boy.

A friend of mine in Milton Keynes fosters dogs with a view to rehoming.  She is looking after a couple of Cypriot Kokoni pups, who have had to be moved on from their forever home.

All being well, they are coming here in August. Ignore the names as they have now been changed.

Dogs2.PNG

Dogs1.PNG

dogs4.PNG

dogs3.PNG

• Upvote 10

20 minutes ago, House of Dirk said:

I knew this would happen but I didnt appreciate this would be so soon after losing my awesome boy.

A friend of mine in Milton Keynes fosters dogs with a view to rehoming.  She is looking after a couple of Cypriot Kokoni pups, who have had to be moved on from their forever home.

All being well, they are coming here in August. Ignore the names as they have now been changed.

Dogs2.PNG

Dogs1.PNG

dogs4.PNG

dogs3.PNG

Amazing mate. Little crackers 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, House of Dirk said:

Dogs2.PNG

Dogs1.PNG

dogs4.PNG

dogs3.PNG

That's brilliant mate!

• Upvote 1