You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The world of a woman.

Ezekiel 25:17

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Haven’t most of you got kids? Making your tea/coffee should be their responsibility. 

I had four brews yesterday. Three from one kid, one from the other. 

I’ve been with the wife 21 years. In all that time she’s probably made me less than 21 cups of tea/coffee. 

I have two boys. One 19, one will be 17 tomorrow. Between them they have made me zero cups of tea/coffee. 

I’m sure they recognise my value to them in other ways. When I remember what those ‘ways’ might be, I’ll provide an update. 

Right, enough of my moaning. I’m off to put the kettle on. 

Well I will, after I’ve emptied the dishwasher and put the bins out (obviously doing this quietly as both my teenagers are still in bed). 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

On 06/01/2024 at 18:33, Paulie Dangerously said:

Dropped her ma at the airport at 4am this morning. Got this a few hours later from MrsD 

Screenshot_20240106_160550_WhatsApp.jpg

My ma did this in Marks and Spencers in Lord Street years ago. It was about 2 weeks after the Grand National was cancelled because of the IRA bomb threat. 

On 24/12/2023 at 16:17, Bjornebye said:

Why whenever they're going out do they shout from upstairs and expect you to drop what you're doing to find things for them? "Where's my boots?" "Where's my black bag?" "Have you seen my car keys?" "Where's everything that ever existed?" Rush around rush around you've been sat down for an hour watching Harry Potter 

As soon as they're down the realise something is still upstairs, I wonder who's going back up for that...

What is it with women and their social media photos using filters or doctored photos?.

Girl in work joined my team before Christmas. Never met her before but I have about 20 mutual friends with her on Facebook and she always comes up as a friend suggestion. Let's just say her photos bear absolute no resemblance to her real self.

I walked past her desk about 4 times before she introduced herself to me. She's about 5 stone heavier, brillo pad hair and has skin worse than the Thing from the Fantastic 4. 

It wasn't too far off this transformation:

FB_IMG_1704899005163.jpg

• Haha 1

Imagine when the Japanese perfect the AI sex robot, 289 pounds form B&Q. Balding men will be walking around with these pan Asian replicants and the world of a woman will be like mad max, loads of wobbly women in Tenna pants throwing empty bottles of the wine at the cat, and young attractive women trying to figure out how to climb the career ladder via legitimate means, and wondering how to entertain themselves in pubs without causing fights.

• Upvote 1

My wife thinks the slot where the drip tray on the coffee maker goes into the machine connects to a pipe that drains the tray. That's the only explanation for why she never, ever, empties it. No amount of liquid flowing out of the tray seems to make the penny drop. See also: the congealed gunk on the milk frother. She makes a super cup of tea though. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Imagine when the Japanese perfect the AI sex robot, 289 pounds form B&Q. Balding men will be walking around with these pan Asian replicants and the world of a woman will be like mad max, loads of wobbly women in Tenna pants throwing empty bottles of the wine at the cat, and young attractive women trying to figure out how to climb the career ladder via legitimate means, and wondering how to entertain themselves in pubs without causing fights.

That Marilyn Monroe quote will become completely redundant. 

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Strontium said:

She was trying to close tabs on Chrome on her iPad, and couldn't understand why it wasn't working. She was opening new ones instead. 77 open tabs she had.

My Mum did something similar on her phone and wondered why it was so slow. She is 78 though.

10 hours ago, Mudface said:

My Mum did something similar on her phone and wondered why it was so slow. She is 78 though.

My 84 old mum does the same on her ipad. Apparently the 'x' button in the top right corner 'never works.' This despite me easily closing 50 of them every time I look at the ipad.

• 3 weeks later...

got a cracker.

Been messaging this girl for the last weeks. Gets on really well and arranges for her to come to ours on friday.

Takes Thursday off to spruce the house up, picks her up on Friday and when she gets her she says she cant stay her cos the house is a bit dusty(she has asthma). Offers to pay for a hotel instead,books it and then nips to the shop whilst she gets ready.

Gets a phone call from her in tears saying come back,race back thinking someone has broken in and she is crying saying she just wants to go home.

Fuming, take her back to the station and sit with her in the boozer waiting for a train. The ice breaks a bit and she says how embarrassed she is..we start to laugh about it and say we keep in touch.

Message incessantly for the last few days,arrange to meet on sat and she says she thinks she is falling for me.

Gets a text this morning saying she doesnt wanna talk and can we leave it for a bit.   

fucking basket case.

• Upvote 1