You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A few people had a pop at him on the weekend football thread before it was bogged down by the conspiracy league is fixed bollocks. Can I ask why? Has he slagged us off in any way I am not aware of? I was never a huge fan of him as a player but always appreciated that he was a well liked and respected member of the squad and a good captain.

Why is he getting stick for his punditry? Is it because he had a dig at Rafa prior to the Spurs game over the Alonso stuff which was 100% correct in what he said? Knowing that shanks59 doesn't like him makes me think that is the reason for the disdain some seem to have for him on here.

I am not aware of anything else it could be so if he has said something derogatory about the club what was it?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone say something good about us, regardless of substance = Quality Journalism

If someone says something bad about us, regardless of substance = Shoddy journalism riddled with an agenda. Thems the rules.

I like Jamie Redknapp, I think he chats shit but I also think he makes some good points but he's said nothing 'beyond the pale' IMO about LFC and he's been very respectful. I remember on YNWA someone slagged him off for complimenting Frank Lampard, the same Lampard who is Jamie's cousin.

Yes Jamie Redknapp. The pundit who slagged Xabi Alonso for getting Fat Frank sent off last season, who then compounded it by echoing Tyler's comments that it was suspicious that Xabi had all these players sent off.

Jamie Redknapp the man who said Steven Gerrard will leave if the manager doesn't play him in the middle.

Jamie Redknapp the man who preached for so long and hard about Rafa's rotation he didn't realise there were at least two other managers who had rotated more.

Jamie Redknapp who said Steven Gerrard is not a winger or a striker he's a midfielder he's best in midfield. Steven Gerrard then wins player of the year as a right winger and another one as a striker.

Jamie Redknapp might be a lovely fella, but he's a crap pundit.

I agree with the posts on here, I don't think he is particularly good as a pundit. Decent red and that. And I missed what he said about Rafa, not that it matters.

Didn't you call him a prick though Mark? May not have been you, apologise if it wasn't. Surely not being a decent pundit doesn't constitute him being a prick does it?

I'm trying to remember a game last season where Jamie Redknapp stuck up for Liverpool over something, it may have been v United or something. It was getting pretty heated. Can't for the life of me remember what game it was, I remember thinking 'Go'ed Jamie lad'

I also remember when we where playing Barca in the CL and Richard Keys asked Paul Merson if Liverpool could win and Merson laughed and said 'No'. Redknapp pounced upon him immediatly and hung him out to dry and said he was being 'disrespectful'. Short memories and all that.

I'm trying to remember a game last season where Jamie Redknapp stuck up for Liverpool over something, it may have been v United or something. It was getting pretty heated. Can't for the life of me remember what game it was, I remember thinking 'Go'ed Jamie lad'

I also remember when we where playing Barca in the CL and Richard Keys asked Paul Merson if Liverpool could win and Merson laughed and said 'No'. Redknapp pounced upon him immediatly and hung him out to dry and said he was being 'disrespectful'. Short memories and all that.

Exactly. Just because he may not have kissed ours (and Rafa's) arse constantly like Dicko seem to want him to and conveniently forget the times he has stuck up for us.

He's the ultimate media bandwagon jumper on-er,

He must read the tabloids before every game he's on because he just spouts the same shit they say, day in day out

For Example,

Liverpool Losing = Zonal Marking, Selling Alonso to blame

Liverpool winning = must be Fernando Torres or Steven Gerrard

He just states the obvious over and over again and never seems to form an opinion of his own.

Oh and he wears the tightest trousers I have ever seen.