You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fabregas

Antynwa

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spain really are overstocked with world class central midfielders. Xavi, Xabi, Iniesta and Fabregas, and that is before you come to the tier below with Senna etc. Fabregas would be a good capture for any club in the world, including ours, but unfortunately, I don't think he'll go to anywhere else than back to a Spanish club.

:wallbutt:

Hopefully your kidding.

He is up there with the very best midfielders in the world no doubt. Xavi and Villa got most of the credit for Euro 2008, but Senna was just as influential.

As for Fabregas, personally cannot stand the snidey cunt. He's an awful moaning cheat who gets away with so much shit. Very good technical footballer yes.

But he usually is very inconsistent throughout the season. Also believe he is very overhyped by certain media and Arsenal fans. Still young enough to improve in all areas though but he won't be joining us espically for whatever price Arsenal will put on him, he is Barca bound. He is becoming more an AM nowadays anyway because one reason being he cannot defend for shit.

:wallbutt:

Hopefully your kidding.

He is up there with the very best midfielders in the world no doubt. Xavi and Villa got most of the credit for Euro 2008, but Senna was just as influential.

As for Fabregas, personally cannot stand the snidey cunt. He's an awful moaning cheat who gets away with so much shit. Very good technical footballer yes.

But he usually is very inconsistent throughout the season. Also believe he is very overhyped by certain media and Arsenal fans. Still young enough to improve in all areas though but he won't be joining us espically for whatever price Arsenal will put on him, he is Barca bound. He is becoming more an AM nowadays anyway because one reason being he cannot defend for shit.

No doubt Senna is a great footballer, however I do not rate him in the same bracket as Xabi, Xavi, Iniesta etc.

Of course I'd have Xabi over Alonso, but it's not the point, the point I'm trying to make is that if we sell both Javier and Masch, who can we get to replace them?

It could be a case of reverting back to a 4-4-2 and having Gerrard paired up with someone in the centre and a striker to partner Torres.

Reina

Johnson Carra Skrtel Insua

Kuyt Gerrard Fabregas Riera

Torres Tevez

Of course I'd have Xabi over Alonso, but it's not the point, the point I'm trying to make is that if we sell both Javier and Masch, who can we get to replace them?

Jaysus!

Cochran

...ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, [approaches and softens] does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

Confed Cup: Alonso injures Fabregas | Setanta

Cesc Fabregas looks set to miss Spain’s Confederations Cup clash with Iraq after Xabi Alonso injured him for the second time this season.

Alonso was the man who sidelined Fabregas for four months after the two Spaniards entered into a 50-50 challenge during the 1-1 Emirates Stadium draw earlier this season.

Now it appears the Liverpool man has nobbled his compatriot again, although Fabregas is believed to be a little more angered by the latest incident.

Spanish daily AS reports that Alonso damaged the left knee of Fabregas with a hard tackle, leaving the Arsenal man to limp from the field shaking his head.

It is not expected that Fabregas has sustained anything too serious, but he is expected to miss Wednesday’s clash with Iraq.

Meanwhile, Albert Riera was involved in a similar incident that left Santi Cazorla also requiring treatment in the Spanish camp.

Good lad xabi!

If Javier or Xabi or even both leave Liverpool Football Club. Would a sneaky move for this lad be such a bad idea?

He's a top quality player, a leader at that and surely would be worth bidding the money we could potentially get from both sales, or either player.

I think if we're going to embark on utterly futile speculation about players who would never join us in a million years then we should start with Lionel Messi or maybe Ronaldo. I quite like Ribery, too. And Rooney.

Silly season in full effect. Looks like next season our team is going to be:

Reina

Johnson

Aurelio

Carra

Skrtel

Fabregas

Silva

Toure

Gerrard

Villa

Torres

How are we going to find room in the team for Tevez, Robben and Sneijder though???

• 2 weeks later...