You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I worry for my kids

swanseared

Jesus Christ - I was at the checkout in ASDA this morning and the usual array of Celeb Magazine's were on a stand next to me as I was queuing. I glanced at the front cover of one (maybe "heat" or "reveal") and saw the 2 main headlines.

1 A picture of Chantelle Houghton with the headline "Chantelle: I think Katie should let Peter have the kids"

2 A picture of our captain's wife with the headline "Alex Gerrard on Politics, WAGS, and the credit crunch"

Is this for real? Is the general public really interested in the opinions on current world financial unstability from a woman who's sole job in life is to spend the 100 fucking grand plus her husband earns a week on shoes and orange makeup?

Are we all wondering how the credit crunch is really affecting the core issues of the price of Louis Vitton Hangbags?

Or the opinions on child custody from Chantelle - someone who is famous for not actually doing much at all except being stupid.

This, along with the whole Britain's got Talent (my dad died recently and i was bullied at school so it doesnt matter if I can actually sing or not) and the fact the S*n and the Mirror (let's jump on the bandwagon of current public opinion on a topic and then exaggerate it all tenfold or if not, let's just make something up) are actually the 2 biggest selling rags out there.

What the fuck are my kids going to have to put up with when they are older (apart from their old man moaning about how good it used to be back in the day)

Edited by swanseared
spelling

Jesus Christ - I was at the checkout in ASDA this morning and the usual array of Celeb Magazine's were on a stand next to me as I was queuing. I glanced at the front cover of one (maybe "heat" or "reveal") and saw the 2 main headlines.

1 A picture of Chantelle Houghton with the headline "Chantelle: I think Katie should let Peter have the kids"

2 A picture of our captain's wife with the headline "Alex Gerrard on Politics, WAGS, and the credit crunch"

Is this for real? Is the general public really interested in the opinions on current world financial unstability from a woman who's sole job in life is to spend the 100 fucking grand plus her husband earns a week on shoes and orange makeup?

Are we all wondering how the credit crunch is really affecting the core issues of the price of Louis Vitton Hangbags?

Or the opinions on child custody from Chantelle - someone who is famous for not actually doing much at all except being stupid.

This, along with the whole Britain's got Talent (my dad died recently and i was bullied at school so it doesnt matter if I can actually sing or not) and the fact the S*n and the Mirror (let's jump on the bandwagon of current public opinion on a topic and then exaggerate it all tenfold or if not, let's just make something up) are actually the 2 biggest selling rags out there.

What the fuck are my kids going to have to put up with when they are older (apart from their old man moaning about how good it used to be back in the day)

Me and my missus are trying to have a kid right now, and this sort of shit, and what it represents about the values of (at least a substantial proportion of) British society, are seriously making us think about whether we want to live here. i.e. Do we want our kids to grow up thinking like that?

I'm not kidding.

Raise 'em right and you won't have any worries.

Surely part of 'raising 'em right' is bringing them up in the right environment, isn't it?

I lived in France for a year, and I've got to say, I think the standard of life (if not f******) over there is a hell of a lot better than here.

Surely part of 'raising 'em right' is bringing them up in the right environment, isn't it?

I lived in France for a year, and I've got to say, I think the standard of life (if not f******) over there is a hell of a lot better than here.

Well yes, but if you raise them to be able to think for themselves, challenge how they think etc. They're surely less likely to buy into that shite.

TBH, i've a sister who buys that shite, but she's not a complete moron. I don't think she buys them to read parenting tips from Kerry Katona, but more for the gossip and clothes the same way lads buy Nuts or loaded to look at tits, or watch a crap movie. I'm sure there are people who lap it up but they are the lost causes any way.

Send 'em here. They'll soon have sense knocked into them about the finer things in life. They'll go into school and speculate to their mates whether a komodo dragon would win a fight with a liger, sitting on the toilet the wrong way round and penetrating Sky presenters' sphincters, and will teach their mates new words like "RiSing up". At parents evening, the teacher may suggest they have "social problems" but you'll know better.

It's fucking annoying girls my age buying all those crap magazines then trying to sing the latest shit music i'm just like, YOU CAN'T FUCKING SING!

Also, you read in the magazines about all these shit dieting and what is good and what is bad. It's putting pressure on kids around 11 and 12 who are dressing like sluts, covered in makeup and acting like their heroes Jordan and that racist fuck Chantelle and all these dieting fads. I was speaking to my mates sister about why she is 5 stone 4 at the age of 13 and doesnt go out without 5 layers of makeup on and the only response I got was 'it's what everyone else does'.

Well yes, but if you raise them to be able to think for themselves, challenge how they think etc. They're surely less likely to buy into that shite.

TBH, i've a sister who buys that shite, but she's not a complete moron. I don't think she buys them to read parenting tips from Kerry Katona, but more for the gossip and clothes the same way lads buy Nuts or loaded to look at tits, or watch a crap movie. I'm sure there are people who lap it up but they are the lost causes any way.

My bird reads every gossip mag going, your right its just for the gossip and clothes. But it is a worrying trend as most of the morons who read these mags watch big brother and kerry katonas reality wank show (i include the bird in that). I do sometimes fear for my 2 lads with that dickhead gossiped up to the eyeballs and overdosing on facebook. This countrys upside down lads we need to sort it

I would worry more about living in Swansea more than anything else.

Living in Swansea's great. It's like Cardiff but the smell is a bit better.

And we've got Catherine Zeta Jones. And Bonnie Tyler. Now if Bonnie was on the front of "Heat" talking about the credit crunch I'd probably take out a subscription. Because with a face and voice like that she must be some sort of business genius to have a number one hit.

My bird reads every gossip mag going, your right its just for the gossip and clothes. But it is a worrying trend as most of the morons who read these mags watch big brother and kerry katonas reality wank show (i include the bird in that). I do sometimes fear for my 2 lads with that dickhead gossiped up to the eyeballs and overdosing on facebook. This countrys upside down lads we need to sort it

That's no way to talk about your missus,

Living in Swansea's great. It's like Cardiff but the smell is a bit better.

And we've got Catherine Zeta Jones. And Bonnie Tyler. Now if Bonnie was on the front of "Heat" talking about the credit crunch I'd probably take out a subscription. Because with a face and voice like that she must be some sort of business genius to have a number one hit.

Bonnie Tyler is from Skewen, 10 miles or so from swansea? thats like saying a certain captain from a certain ***tball team is from Skem.

you can keep your Zeta Jones mind, bloody part time welsh.

Bloody south waliens think they are all that is welsh... :telloff: