You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

European Cup QF, 2nd Leg vs Chelsea

The Chef

Instead of looking at the negatives I am looking at the positives here. I never expected us to get anything from this and, after putting in such a brilliant performance it shows that we went straight for them. I was really impressed with Lucas and hopefully he has turned a corner now and got those bad performances away from him. His past few games have been really good and hopefully he can continue this.

The football was good, the fans were amazing and it proves that our fans are better than Chelsea's. They booed their players off the pitch at half time, we played shit and we sang YNWA!

Rafa shown us that he never gives up and went for calm attacking football but n the end, it was too much for us to do. It does, like I said though, show that he will never give up and hopefully, this will be the same with our title challenge. The mancs will think that we are broken now but, everyone thought we were broken last week but we beat Blackburn 4-0 and almost beat Chelsea. We never give up and tonight, we have sent a message to everyone else. We never give in!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very proud of the lads and the fans, the soft goals cost us over the two legs but we had them on the rack and can hold our heads up high. Thought the ref give them far too many free kicks and Drogba the cheating cunt was up to his usual tricks. I think Agger should have started ahead of Skirtel but have no real complaints. Chelsea fans are a laughing stock and I hope Barca do that shitty little club next round.

Hiddink got out of jail, big time, tonight. A Pepe blunder and an Alex one-off strike totally shifted the momentum and saved his arse. Tactical genius my fucking a-hole!

I agree, the first 5 minutes of the second half was going the same way, until that first goal changed the game

The ref was an utter bell. Penalty aside, which was a great spot, he was dreadful.

We committed twice as many fouls with more possession (it was 60-40). Work it out: the referee was awful, truly dreadful. He broke up the flow of the game in the second half which let them back in the match, and despite all my pride, it's so frustrating. And you just know the press will blame our "dodgy foreign goalkeeper" for letting them back in the match.

We committed twice as many fouls with more possession (it was 60-40). Work it out: the referee was awful, truly dreadful. He broke up the flow of the game in the second half which let them back in the match, and despite all my pride, it's so frustrating. And you just know the press will blame our "dodgy foreign goalkeeper" for letting them back in the match.

Only one foreign dodgy keeper on the pitch and that was Peter Cech, he was all over the shop.

Why the Lucas hating tonight? I thought the lad had a decent game. Is it just because he's not Steven Gerrard or was there some massively calamitous error that I missed?

If this were a night for recriminations, I could slag Aurelio for not being tight enough to Anelka for their first, or Pepe for being beaten at his near post, crafty touch from Drogba or not; I could slag Xabi for giving the ball away for their fourth (?) or Carra for being out-muscled by Drogba for one too. And how about Torres for his early miss, Dirk for ballooning a couple of crosses into the stands and Yossi for, well I'm sure I could think of something if you gave me long enough. But that would be totally and utterly missing the point, wouldn't it?

Every single Red on that pitch was heroic tonight and regardless of whether or not we win the league, I now understand exactly how much Rafa has achieved with such a relatively limited squad. We are on the cusp of great, great things; let's not demean it by picking holes, eh boys?

I've only got room for one emotion tonight and that's pride. We were magnificent. Stamford Bridge witnessed greatness tonight and deep down they all know it: we are a great club and they are nothing more than noveau. Bring on the Arse.

Excellent,excellent post Paul.

Individual mistakes have cost us big time, Aurelio has been shocking in his last two games.

Great game though and had not Drogba been the biggest diving cunt in history of football we could have been through even if we gave away a few goals.

In the end I thought why cant someone just kick his fuckin head in while he lies there moaning about absolute fuck all, the big girl.

Proud of the players, not so proud of Rafa who gave up with 10 minutes to go.

Had to have a dig, didnt you, even tonight.

That was when we score another, yes? Idiot.

The 2nd worst player on the pitch tonight was the ref. Chelsea knew how to play him, diving all over the shop. Cunts. That's not tactics of footall, thats cheating with a shit ref.

Had to have a dig, didnt you, even tonight.

That was when we score another, yes? Idiot.

Thats the way I saw it and I`m certain Rafa was a bit pissed himself when we had scored twice in a couple of minutes with about 10 minutes remaining withouth Torres on the pitch.

Not pissed about us scoring off course, but because he had just pulled Torres off to save him for the league.

Thats the way I saw it and I`m certain Rafa was a bit pissed himself when we had scored twice in a couple of minutes with about 10 minutes remaining withouth Torres on the pitch.

Not pissed about us scoring off course, but because he had just pulled Torres off to save him for the league.

Torres was being an idiot, he pulled him off, we scored within 3 mins. Is that giving up?? No. Quit complaining and thinking you know what Rafa thinks, you look really stupid.