Quantcast
McParland's back, Macia not gone! - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

That comment wasn't aimed at you Gaz. It's aimed at those on this thread who are justifying McParland just because Rafa likes him. His record both here and at other clubs is pretty poor.

Hang on, his record his poor? You don't even know who he scouted? And you have admitted as much on this thread. So how can you say it's poor?

And he wasn't a scout at Bolton or Watford? So unless you know what he did there, you're in no position to accurately judge whether he's been successful or not.

Piet Hamburg was highly rated before joining the Liverpool and many would say he has done fuck all.

Henk ten Cate was regarded as one of the top coaches around when he signed for Chelsea hoping to bring the attacking flair that he enjoyed at Barcelona.

He once again did fuck all.

Its not about getting the most glamorous man for the job its about getting the right man for the job and if Rafa feels McParland is that man then so be it.

Hang on, his record his poor? You don't even know who he scouted? And you have admitted as much on this thread. So how can you say it's poor?

And he wasn't a scout at Bolton or Watford? So unless you know what he did there, you're in no position to accurately judge whether he's been successful or not.

General Manager at Bolton and Watford, in charge of the Academy and Scouting, the link between the board and the manager. I have said enough now, I'd like someone to show me his achievments. All I can find is that he was "instrumental in signing Jack Hobbs".

You insinuated that McParland is great but I don't like him because he isn't a glamour signing... I was just asking whether Bolton and Watford cared for glamour given they sacked him pretty sharpish.

Nope, didn't insinuate that at all, certainly didn't say he was great, quote me if you can!

Whatever his failings at Watford and Bolton are they don't necessarily mean he will be a failiure here! I would say Sammy Lee has been sucessful with us?

Have I understood it right that he is simply reviewing the current processes?

Piet Hamburg was highly rated before joining the Liverpool and many would say he has done fuck all.

Henk ten Cate was regarded as one of the top coaches around when he signed for Chelsea hoping to bring the attacking flair that he enjoyed at Barcelona.

He once again did fuck all.

Its not about getting the most glamorous man for the job its about getting the right man for the job and if Rafa feels McParland is that man then so be it.

Hang on Coop, Ten Cate helped them to 2nd and a Champions League final beating us in the semis. That was in 8 months. These kind of examples are ridiculous.

I don't care about glamour in the Academy or as Scouts, I want someone with a track record of managing academies and spotting potentially world class players. All I ask is for someone to show me his achievements because people seem to be going with the "trust Rafa" mantra on this.

Anything that brings relations between Melwood and the Academy closer is more than welcome in my book, as long as those in charge know how to spot a player! Hopefully over the next few years we will see some progression in terms of talented players breaking through to the fringes of the team and it would be an extra bonus to see some more scousers in the first team squad.

Hang on Coop, Ten Cate helped them to 2nd and a Champions League final beating us in the semis. That was in 8 months. These kind of examples are ridiculous.

I don't care about glamour in the Academy or as Scouts, I want someone with a track record of managing academies and spotting potentially world class players. All I ask is for someone to show me his achievements because people seem to be going with the "trust Rafa" mantra on this.

I dont think ive ever seen you do anything on here other then fucking moan, isnt this what we all wanted, the academy getting sorted out.

Hamberg is meant to be shite and will hopefully ber getting jibbed off in this 'review'. Surely a bonus

the big test will come when Gerrard retires I feel then we'll see if these academy and scouting bigwigs are any good

safe to say their performance over the last 10 years has been pretty shit.

Anything that brings relations between Melwood and the Academy closer is more than welcome in my book, as long as those in charge know how to spot a player! Hopefully over the next few years we will see some progression in terms of talented players breaking through to the fringes of the team and it would be an extra bonus to see some more scousers in the first team squad.

Spot on that.

Also - the article says McParland is running a review of the academy, nothing more than that. Maybe some have only read the thread title.

fuck me, some people would moan just for the sake of moaning.

Rafa wants his men around him, and if Franks the man Rafa wants, it ain't gonna affect the likes of you and me.

Now quit bitching and go and worry about something more important in life, like where you'll be when the sun implodes.

Geeez, no pleasing people.

Edited by Bogman
dyslexic twat i is.

Rash, everyone told you he wouldn't be coming back as Director of Football. Has it not sunk in, as you're using the exact same arguments. You honestly think, after observing our club for the last two years, that what is needed is to force appointments on Rafa? And you think that, for a review of the academy that is probably Rafa's idea, that he shouldn't choose someone he trusts to conduct it? And doesn't one of Ferguson's sons act as a scout for them?

If he was called Franco parlando you would be made up lad, simple as that.

If Rafa trusts and respects his work then so be it

It's getting soo so boring Radish kid, you really need to engage your grey matter before posting.

That sounds about right mate.

Hurruh a whole team of yes men!! McParland the failure at Watford and Bolton - bastions of football - is back!

I don't necessarily agree they're all yes men. I reckon they'll all give their views, even if they contradict Rafa's. Whether he listens is then down to him.

I don't understand your desire to dilute the manager's hold on tyhe football side of things, mate. The greatest managers were nearly all dictators. In my view the question is not whether we should have a dictator at the helm, but whether we've got the right one. At the moment I'm obviously feeling more positive in that regard than I have done for going on three years.

I don't necessarily agree they're all yes men. I reckon they'll all give their views, even if they contradict Rafa's. Whether he listens is then down to him.

I don't understand your desire to dilute the manager's hold on tyhe football side of things, mate. The greatest managers were nearly all dictators. In my view the question is not whether we should have a dictator at the helm, but whether we've got the right one. At the moment I'm obviously feeling more positive in that regard than I have done for going on three years.

At last a reasonable post.

The reason I want to slightly dilute Rafa's post is because I think his biggest weaknesses are in the area of developing young players and being able to spot talent and nurture that talent. His choice of scouts and their ability to find us good attacking players is also a major flaw.

For these reasons I think the club should employ a chief scout and an academy director and ask Rafa to work with these people. I am not saying Rafa shouldn't have a say, he should definitely have a say but not choose the the personnel too because that for me doesn't address the quality issue/

It's not the dictators I have a problem with its getting the best people at the club doing what they do best. For me it isn't about "control" it's about getting the best for our club.

I am also happy as I have ever been under Rafa but talking about issues we have is what a forum is about surely.

The reason I want to slightly dilute Rafa's post is because I think his biggest weaknesses are in the area of developing young players and being able to spot talent and nurture that talent. His choice of scouts and their ability to find us good attacking players is also a major flaw.

For these reasons I think the club should employ a chief scout and an academy director and ask Rafa to work with these people. I am not saying Rafa shouldn't have a say, he should definitely have a say but not choose the the personnel too because that for me doesn't address the quality issue/

It's not the dictators I have a problem with its getting the best people at the club doing what they do best. For me it isn't about "control" it's about getting the best for our club.

I am also happy as I have ever been under Rafa but talking about issues we have is what a forum is about surely.

And yet a month ago, before the Madrid away game, you were saying good riddance if the rumours of him walking were true. So if we dont win our next four, are you going to go back to calling him a cunt again?

So who would you be happy with?

You insinuated that McParland is great but I don't like him because he isn't a glamour signing... I was just asking whether Bolton and Watford cared for glamour given they sacked him pretty sharpish.

Why are the actions of two alehouse clubs relevant to Rafa's decision making? On that logic, we should never have pursued Mascherano since he was a "failure" at West Ham.

Hurruh a whole team of yes men!! McParland the failure at Watford and Bolton - bastions of football - is back!

As opposed to the well known management technique and booster of team solidarity of employing people who are deliberately argumentative and never agree?