You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Don't want Sky Sports. Other options?

Lurtz

Like a lot of people, I cancelled Sky Sports for the summer due to no footie being on. I had decided to get it back on as soon as the season started but there is a problem thus:

Even so much as reading the name "Richard Keys" has the propensity to make my blood boil. I'm determined not to let the thundercunts like him, Gray and Merson push my blood pressure to bursting point for yet another season. I've had about as much of their filthy, biased, anti-Liverpool, pro chav / filth / gooner diatribe as I can take. I'm sick to death of paying them my hard earned cash just to have to sit and look at that snidey cunt Richard Keys. This, however, deprives me of watching footie matches in the comfort of my own home. I do have the option of not watching any of the build-up and interviews but that still leaves me paying the wages of cunts like Keys, Le Tossier and the rest of those witless, know-fuck-all shitheads.

So what other alternatives do I have? I can't get Virgin in the building where I live and watching streamed games on the PC is as much fun as dyno-rodding my own arsehole.

Any suggestions chaps?

Setanta is about the only other for live games, they've got about 40 live games this yr, as well as the england qualifiers, and have 4 liverpool games before crimbo (3 now as S'land was one) you also get LFC tv and only costs £12.99 a month... do have to put up with Macca as a pundit tho... great footballer....rubbish pundit... otha than that i think BT vision shows all (not sure on the all part) premiership games from midnite on the day played.. but not live.... much as i hate sky they have too big of a monolopy on the premiership not too have it... and with Setanta seeming to get more games each yr it wont be long till both are essiential to watch as many games as possible.... sucks.... the only other way (found a pub that does this but cant name it) is too get a continental satellite box as they get all premiership games... tho dont kno how to go about it... and if u get caught i'm sure there'd be a heafty fine to say the least!!

For all of the above reasons, a refusal to personally give my money to the Murdoch empire, and not having enough of it to give anyway - I chose to go to the pub to watch.

I can recommend it!

Problem is, end up spending money down the pub I don't want to spend. Plus if I want to watch other matches apart from Liverpool games, I'd have to go to the pub for them too, which I blatantly wouldn't do so I'd be missing out.

It looks like the pub is your best option. Either that or go to someone elses house. Or get a dodgy foreign box and dish from ebay and pick up most of the games there.

Do they work? Is that this 'star' (?) thingy?

Do what i do. Dont watch any build up on Sky. When the match starts change the audio options so you dont have to listen to Andy Gray and turn over when the match is finished.

That's looking like my only option unfortunately. Although it riles me to the core that I'm paying for Keys' hand waxing et al. The cunt.

I normally switch it to the fans mode....aarrggghh can't remember the name of it. You know when you have one fan from each team doing the commentary...its quite funny actually and a good laugh. A lot better than listening to Andy Gray and Cunt keys.

I normally switch it to the fans mode....aarrggghh can't remember the name of it. You know when you have one fan from each team doing the commentary...its quite funny actually and a good laugh. A lot better than listening to Andy Gray and Cunt keys.

Fanzone.

I went the foreign satellite route, but if you live in a flat then where are you going to stick a 80cm - 1m motorised dish?

That's my problem really. I don't think the site management firm would be too happy if I shoved it out on the balcony. Bugger.

That's my problem really. I don't think the site management firm would be too happy if I shoved it out on the balcony. Bugger.

When I was thinking about moving in to an apartment I had a look at what alternatives there were to using a dish. You can get an antenna which is very discreet but I don't know how you would go about switching satellites. Also, the signal strength will be lower.