You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keane to land us the title?

robbiefowler9

I know there are a fair few other Keane-related threads at the moment but this one is to specifically address whether you believe that with Keane now in our ranks, how close can we come to the title this year?

Also how do you think he will fare in Europe, bearing in mind he has only ever played qualifiers for the cl and uefa cup. Do you think he can make the step up?

We need to take out title challenge into the second half of the season first, then beat our recrod points total and then probably take into the last month with Uts and Chelsea before we can say we can win it; we will be a lot better this year but in my view it is also getting harder to win it.

I said on another thread that I thought Keane would play the second striker role, with Stevie dropping a bit deeper and Macherano as a lone holding midfielder. However alot of people think that Kuyt will be dropped and Stevie will be moved out right. I think Rafa mentioned in his interview that he thinks Keane can play on the right as well. I think he can do a job there but, as with Stevie, it seems a bit of a waste to p[lyer of his quality out of position, espeacially considering what we paid for him.

I said on another thread that I thought Keane would play the second striker role, with Stevie dropping a bit deeper and Macherano as a lone holding midfielder. However alot of people think that Kuyt will be dropped and Stevie will be moved out right. I think Rafa mentioned in his interview that he thinks Keane can play on the right as well. I think he can do a job there but, as with Stevie, it seems a bit of a waste to p[lyer of his quality out of position, espeacially considering what we paid for him.

With Keane & Torres up front, I hope Steve Gerrard returns to central midfield alongside the Chief in our big games.

Steve is regarded as one of the finest central midfield players in the world.

It would be nice to see him play there occasionally.

IMO. The league will not be won up top. We scored enough last year.

It will be at the back where the title will be decided and I am will be happier about our chances if we can keep Agger fit and have a settled back 4.

Yeah. I hope that if Rafa does stick to his rotation policy, he will abstain from shaking uo the back four as much as possible so that they can gel and settle.

No injuries and Stevie moving to RM then we will the title but they are too very Big IFs

With the rotation, no one has a chance to get injured. In all seriousness though, I feel we've got a strong good enough to cope with injuries in most positions. However, if Stevie or Nando were to get injured....

Mascher for Momo

Babel for Kewell

both an improvement on the 82 point season and Torres Y keane light years ahead of Crouch and Garcia/Cisse.

The difference this time is we dont have to wait 10 games to find that magical combination if rafa picks that front 6 from day 1 then baring injuries we will win the title

Mascher for Momo

Babel for Kewell

both an improvement on the 82 point season and Torres Y keane light years ahead of Crouch and Garcia/Cisse.

The difference this time is we dont have to wait 10 games to find that magical combination if rafa picks that front 6 from day 1 then baring injuries we will win the title

I thought you wanted to win the title? We have to rotate to compete in four competitions.

Good signing I am very happy with.

However, I think 3rd is our best hope personally. Arsenal seem to have lost a few and not strengthened so they could be within reach.

Champs league we are in with a shout but an awful lot depends on the draw in my opinion. Home second leg and you tend to go through.

I thought you wanted to win the title? We have to rotate to compete in four competitions.

To be honest, I would prefer if we just kept our best team for the league and rotate between competitions. I'm hoping that Rafa uses the league an fa cups to give the younger lads a chance. That would leave the Champions' league which, for financial reasons, we have to go for. If we get an easy group, then hopefully we can afford to put out an understrength side.