You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

latest

Ronnie Whelan

According to Trabialfootball, AC Milan representatives are travelling to Barcelona to tie up deals for Eto'o, Motta and Edmilson. I suppose we've known about their interest for a while, but these clubs don't piss about when they want a player

http://tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=43350

In other articles, it says that Tevez is likely to be joining Inter. I suppose we should be grateful, as he had wanted to join Man U, but they weren't prepared to pay 35-40 million.

Another article quotes Gillett saying that there's no rift with Rafa and that money will be spent, although not like a drunken sailor. I think that he's saying things like that to stop clubs like Benfica and Lyon pushing up their prices too high for players.

Anyhow, I don't think there's too much point in reading into our inactivity so far this summer, as it's clear that most if not all of our targets are coming from the Spanish league.

I dou bt they've even agreed a fee or convinced Barca to sell yet so talk of tying up a deal is premature.

That said it's always going to be easier to sign a player who want's to play for you and live in the city he plays and in the case of Eto'o I don't think he wants to play for Liverpool (or Utd for that matter).

I know eto'o threw a paddy last year but why would he want to leave? And why would Barca want to flog him - he made them an almost unbatable team when he was playing - they went pap as soon as he got injured.

Thats one reason, plus they have been pap since he has comeback.

I was watching Barca's game last week against Espanyol and Eto missed several sitters.

Its been like this he misses a lot of goals in one on one situations.