You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Late 70s/ 80s Liverpool top Hitachi

d.k.E.

Was wondering if anyone can help me with advice or experience. I am after a late seventies/ early 80s Liverpool home top with Liver bird and Umbro badge and Hitachi on it (replica of my first kit as a kid).

Any recommendations where to look? Toffs and official store have it without Umbro or Hitachi (although official store never seem to have M in stock).

Found following on ebay - on the off-chance anyone else has received one of these from Thailand, how is quality? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AVRI&viewitem=&item=170108149593&rd=1&rd=1

Grateful for any help, part of my preparations for 23 May - so good cause!

Was wondering if anyone can help me with advice or experience. I am after a late seventies/ early 80s Liverpool home top with Liver bird and Umbro badge and Hitachi on it (replica of my first kit as a kid).

Any recommendations where to look? Toffs and official store have it without Umbro or Hitachi (although official store never seem to have M in stock).

Found following on ebay - on the off-chance anyone else has received one of these from Thailand, how is quality? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AVRI&viewitem=&item=170108149593&rd=1&rd=1

Grateful for any help, part of my preparations for 23 May - so good cause!

Quality varies with the Thai knock-offs, but most are pretty good - bought a Hitachi one over there a few years ago. Check all the feedback and make sure of size.

I serched high and low for that same Hitachi top and could only find the cheap version on ebay.

The thai version is ok for the price. Its a light cotton fabric but the logos will definately peel off if not washed carefully. I washed it once and already the red is running into the Hitachi logo.

The jersey will cling to every bit of flesh you have so go xtra large if you of even medium build unless of course you adorned with rippling muscles unlike me.

Its definately a class jersey and Im surprised you cant get it in the likes of Toffs.

The lettering looks wonky on that one and seeing as they choose the best ones for the photos that should set alarm bells ringing. The lettering is different to the lettering on the david johnson picture, although I seem to remember there being two different types anyway. I have the original kit from 79/80, but i am afraid it is size 8 years.

TerryMc. You drive a clio and look like that? I see.

The lettering looks wonky on that one and seeing as they choose the best ones for the photos that should set alarm bells ringing. The lettering is different to the lettering on the david johnson picture, although I seem to remember there being two different types anyway. I have the original kit from 79/80, but i am afraid it is size 8 years.

TerryMc. You drive a clio and look like that? I see.

What are you implying?

how much did you pay for the top in ran?

did they have many left

40 sheets mate. They seemed to have a healthy supply. Also got the white, red and silver training top from that same year. Quality.

Going to go to Ran and get myself one of those trackie tops early next week. Its a shame the club shop arent pocketing the £40 but there you go.

Which top has Terry Mc got I cant see his Myspace cos of my shitty dial up. Post a picture of it please somebody!

Going to go to Ran and get myself one of those trackie tops early next week. Its a shame the club shop arent pocketing the £40 but there you go.

Which top has Terry Mc got I cant see his Myspace cos of my shitty dial up. Post a picture of it please somebody!

It's the 87/88(?) Candy shirt with the white dashes on it. The red one.