You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Finally, I've joined the club

Ted

I downloaded season 1 of The Wire, after ages of seeing you lot going on about it's greatness I had to. Not disappointed, slow burner but brilliantlly told story and excellent character development. Also laugh out loud funny in parts. Season 2 on the way, gonna finish season 1 tonight.

I have arrived.

P.S. Season 6 of The Shield is shaping up to be the best one yet, Go Vic!

It gets better, season by season. We're watching four on telly each week and three again on DVD. It's ace watching it like that as you can spot the first appearances of new main characters. Marlo, for example, is massive in four and I only remembered him from the latter half of three, but he actually gets a tiny little first scene early on before disappearing for a bit. It really is like a novel but on the telly.

Anyone been watching The Unit? I'm lookin for someone to give me a positive review before I take the plunge an download. It was created by Shawn Ryan, who created The Shield so that really should be enough for me, but I'm tentative about it.

Anyone been watching The Unit? I'm lookin for someone to give me a positive review before I take the plunge an download. It was created by Shawn Ryan, who created The Shield so that really should be enough for me, but I'm tentative about it.

Yeah I was a late developer too, but I've got the tune from the first season as my ringtone now. 'When you walk through the garden, you better watch your back'

Not sure about the Unit either, love the Shield but not really fussed about tales of soldiery, except for Sharpe.

Need the Wire season 2 and Shield season 5 asap else I might die. skint till the 15th though, kick in the balls of epic epic proportions.

it's on my list of shows to watch. Still got season 6 of Sopranos and 24 to watch first once I catch up with Prison break and Heroes where I'm aboot 5 episodes behind and Band of Brothers- last dvd. I imagine it could well be better then some of those shows, however, I've started so I'll finish.

Yeah I was a late developer too, but I've got the tune from the first season as my ringtone now. 'When you walk through the garden, you better watch your back'

Not sure about the Unit either, love the Shield but not really fussed about tales of soldiery, except for Sharpe.

Need the Wire season 2 and Shield season 5 asap else I might die. skint till the 15th though, kick in the balls of epic epic proportions.

Season 5 of The Shield left me utterly speechless. My favourite T.V show of it's kind easily.

Watched the first season, but I got a bit sick about the US Army propaganda. I guess it's good enough for entertainment.