You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steven Gerrard.

Chris

Gerrard played well, no doubt about that but he was by no means man of the match. For me Dirk was the best player on the pitch. Carra, Finnan, Alonso, and Aurellio were all superb as well. Riise also deserves a mention, he's been average for much of the season but gave a confident and direct performance going forward yesterday. The acres of space Chelsea offered us down there right hand side may have played a part in that however.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerrard didn't half clock SWP as well. Watch the replay - there was real intent in that!

I know I'm splitting hairs here, Ian, but I don't think he intended to hurt him; it was more that he didn't give a fuck if he did. He looked fully focused on the ball and wasn't going to let SWP stop him from getting it.

I know I'm splitting hairs here, Ian, but I don't think he intended to hurt him; it was more that he didn't give a fuck if he did. He looked fully focused on the ball and wasn't going to let SWP stop him from getting it.

I'm not so sure, if you pause it when he swings his elbow, there's a real look of fury in his face. Much like when he did Naysmith.

I'm not criticising him; in fact I think it's great that he's showing the aggression of years gone by, and especially against those cunts.

I'm not so sure, if you pause it when he swings his elbow, there's a real look of fury in his face. Much like when he did Naysmith.

I'm not criticising him; in fact I think it's great that he's showing the aggression of years gone by, and especially against those cunts.

Completely agree with that. I just want him to play like that all the time - even when we're in a bad spell. I don't mean be a match winner as he's entitled to an off day more than anyone else at the club; rather, I want him to show that controlled aggression in every game. There have been just one or two too many this season where he hasn't. I suspect it's linked to his personal confidence, which is the main reason why I still question his suitability for the captaincy (a moot argument, I know).

There's a fella sits behind me in the Kop and all he does is moan, moan, moan, every game, but yesterday he surpassed himself, 2-0 up and all he could say was "you're giving them too much room, you're fucking shite liverpool" "fuckinghell Benitez, you shithouse, make a substitution, get that twat Gerrard off, he's done fuck all all game" "get Bellamy on and get Crouch off he's shit, he's got no football brain". I couldn't take any more, with about 15 mins left and us well on top he shouted "fuckinhell make a sub will yer, get Gerrard and Crouch off and get Bellamy on and we'll win this" i turned to the moron and said "WE are winning 2 fucking nil so why the fuck are you moaning and wanting a sub? WE'RE winning" he said "well you know errm well Ballamy will score another" I just gave up after that, i didn't even mention that he wanted two players off and one brought on. Honestly i walked away from the match feeling like we'd fucking lost.

There's a fella sits behind me in the Kop and all he does is moan, moan, moan, every game, but yesterday he surpassed himself, 2-0 up and all he could say was "you're giving them too much room, you're fucking shite liverpool" "fuckinghell Benitez, you shithouse, make a substitution, get that twat Gerrard off, he's done fuck all all game" "get Bellamy on and get Crouch off he's shit, he's got no football brain". I couldn't take any more, with about 15 mins left and us well on top he shouted "fuckinhell make a sub will yer, get Gerrard and Crouch off and get Bellamy on and we'll win this" i turned to the moron and said "WE are winning 2 fucking nil so why the fuck are you moaning and wanting a sub? WE'RE winning" he said "well you know errm well Ballamy will score another" I just gave up after that, i didn't even mention that he wanted two players off and one brought on. Honestly i walked away from the match feeling like we'd fucking lost.

I thought Hermes liked Gerrard?