You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

These bloody Africans ;-)

Rashid

What makes you so f**king superior.. Judging from you name you should be the last one to talk down ethnic origins.

Europeans stold the wealth out of Africa.. By the way all races can be traced back to africa through geneology..

:D You have been here two minutes, you know fuck all about why I posted this.

Adam - You are correct.

I can read, hero. It may suprise you that us African have that ability. You are without a doubt, a class act, ar'nt you?

I did mention Asian cricketers too - without being racist as I didn't realise African is a race - then obviously Moroccans would be the same race as you right?

There has always been issues with players ages from Africa. FACT

I played against a youth team from Monrowia when I was 14. They all had beards and had better stamina than Mr ManOfTheMatch Sissoko. Does saying this this make me a racist?

If yes: F*kc off, this has nothing to do with race. It's a fact that not all African countries normally hand out Birth certificates. Most parents order them though, but many dont.

my girlfriend worked in Ghana as a teacher for 3 years and she said that most of the time, especially in the villages that the children had no idea how old they were and the parents were much the same. It seems to me that the Martins story is quite typical of how it works in Africa.

my girlfriend worked in Ghana as a teacher for 3 years and she said that most of the time, especially in the villages that the children had no idea how old they were and the parents were much the same. It seems to me that the Martins story is quite typical of how it works in Africa.

I work in the CRB and this is a common probblem in what is known as the underveloped world. Quite regually we deal with imigrants not only form africa but asia aswell that do not know there bith dates. Normally they know the year of birth but not the date that is why you will see a lot of the 1/1/yyyy as that is the date they get given.

What makes you so f**king superior.. Judging from you name you should be the last one to talk down ethnic origins.

Europeans stold the wealth out of Africa.. By the way all races can be traced back to africa through geneology..

Quality - that's both racist (by assuming that heritage from the sub-continent would make Rashid more perceptive to racism and less likely to perpetuate it) and presumptive (I mean, do you think I'm a Norwegian mechanoid?)

(BTW, that's strictly light-hearted mate, don't go off on one).

climb down off your high horse..it was said in jest by the guy...however if you are involved in any way with footy in SA you will know that the problem about the correct age of a player exists here...certainly at amateur level...it's got nthing to do with race it does happen

Typical European arrogance and ignorance - see you lot in 2010. You'll see how it works in Africa mate..

so answer the question..or are you saying the age problem doesn't exist????btw , as much as I want it to happen, don't count on 2010 yet we seriously need to upgrade our almost non existent public transport system rather than pouring money into cash cows like Gautrain.

It gets a little tedious that as soon as anyone discusses any issue about Africa which isn't complimentary or positive the race card gets played within minutes.

It seems sad that these days that in the culture we live in every one is over sensitive to anything even vaguely connnected to Africa and African's in general.

FFS you should be able to discuss what is potentially a serious problem in one part of the world without some twat claiming it to be racist.

That kind of attitude does not help race relations, it in fact inflames them IMO.

What are you 6?

An Idiot?

Either way stop talking balls?

Being African isnt a race, its a nationality or a continent.

Brazillians and Africans are black ( majority ). Thats a race and this is about them lying about their age. Not the colour of their skin or where their from.

Bet you wouldnt of said fuck all about racism had it been white blokes from Russia.

Accusing someone of lying about their age. Happens to every woman over 40.

Its Not like they scream racist at everyone that does it.

WRONG!

Dictionary definition of race:

race1 Audio pronunciation of "race" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rs)

n.

1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.

2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.

3. A genealogical line; a lineage.

4. Humans considered as a group.

I'm not one who throws accusations of racism around lightly mate, I'm not even saying that the people who were saying it were concious of the fact that it's racist, but it is, it's no different to saying all muslims are terrorists. Both are lazy generalisations.

I have absolutely no idea what you're on about with the women over 40 bit

WRONG!

Dictionary definition of race:

I'm not one who throws accusations of racism around lightly mate, I'm not even saying that the people who were saying it were concious of the fact that it's racist, but it is, it's no different to saying all muslims are terrorists. Both are lazy generalisations.

I have absolutely no idea what you're on about with the women over 40 bit

it's not racist...it's a fact that there is a problem with ascertaining the age of some African players.This is partially due to the fact that the birth happens at home without outside intervention in rural areas thus a birth is not registered.

People involved with soccer at amateur levels in SA for instance will tell you it has been a problem in the youth leagues where players register to play at certain age levels it's only logical therefore that ,given the infrastructure of certain African countries. this could carry forward into the professional arena.

I know it happens, but whenever ANY African player who does well the old jokes of "he's 35" come out. How many times has it been proven? Twice?

Asians have the same problem with cricket. In fact I know loads of Asians new to this country who came with a younger age than their real age so they could take advantage of our education or so they could work a few more years than normal!

It is hard to prove but it is openly done. "ALLEGEDLY" You can buy REAL ID from the authorities on the sub-continent if you give them a few bob as a back hander.

Asians have the same problem with cricket. In fact I know loads of Asians new to this country who came with a younger age than their real age so they could take advantage of our education or so they could work a few more years than normal!

It is hard to prove but it is openly done. "ALLEGEDLY" You can buy REAL ID from the authorities on the sub-continent if you give them a few bob as a back hander.

Rash is really 84...