You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When was the last time you went to the gym?

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

PST not realising Fugitive has just walked past him in the changing room.

These fuckers filming themselves seem to inhabit every gym in the US is it the same in the UK ? Fortunately not many of them at the gym I visit.

19 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Mate it's the exercise that works, regardless of where you do it.

That depends what sort of exercise you want to do . If you want to build and strengthen you might need a fair wad of cash . A personal trainer can also help ensure you lift with the correct form . You can also easily do body weight exercises and skipping , burpees etc at home.

This thread has inspired me. I’m not going the gym though, fuck that noise. Just done 45 mins on ‘Ring Fit Adventure’ on the Nintendo Switch and then kicked some arse at Badminton on Switch Sports. I shouldn’t be jogging on the spot for too long really, but fuck it. 

As I’ve said elsewhere, I’ve changed my diet because I was a fat cunt. Since the 5th of February I’ve lost 18lb but it’s slowed and plateaued a bit the last couple of weeks. If start chucking a bit of extra daily exercise in it might get things moving faster again. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

This thread has inspired me. I’m not going the gym though, fuck that noise. Just done 45 mins on ‘Ring Fit Adventure’ on the Nintendo Switch and then kicked some arse at Badminton on Switch Sports. I shouldn’t be jogging on the spot for too long really, but fuck it. 

As I’ve said elsewhere, I’ve changed my diet because I was a fat cunt. Since the 5th of February I’ve lost 18lb but it’s slowed and plateaued a bit the last couple of weeks. If start chucking a bit of extra daily exercise in it might get things moving faster again. 

Cutting out ale will relieve that plateau.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Grab a carrot stick cowboy

I actually took on board some of your advice about the intermittent fasting malarkey. I’m only eating at tea-time every day for the most part. No brekky, no dinner, just a healthy meal followed by a little 70cal snack bar for my pudding. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I actually took on board some of your advice about the intermittent fasting malarkey. I’m only eating at tea-time every day for the most part. No brekky, no dinner, just a healthy meal followed by a little 70cal snack bar for my pudding. 

Starving yourself raises blood sugar as the body goes into starvation mode. Small meals and often is best. Healthy snacks also help.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Cutting out ale will relieve that plateau.

Having a drink tonight actually. My mate’s coming round here. I went the pub with my boy on Sunday, can’t really afford two nights out a week at the minute.

I’ll be on Aldi Amaretto and Pepsi Max. Can’t be many calories in that compared to drinking eight beers or something. 

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Starving yourself raises blood sugar as the body goes into starvation mode. Small meals and often is best. Healthy snacks also help.

Not always the case mate and depends on your macros. The body will start to burn stored fat and produce ketones to keep the brain fizzing. But the is no one answer lots of variables.

Just have a good brisk walk and buy some resistance bands/tubes for at home. 

People have mentioned the mental health and social side of the gym. But, they’re largely full of posing biffs or women who only do glute exercises and film themselves doing so for their Insta. I’d rather stay at home. 

On the topic of walking, I’ve just boxed off the equivalent of three marathons in March and that’s without walking every day and only counting planned walks and not counting everyday life walks to the shop, round town, out with mates/family etc. 

IMG_3966.jpeg

My advice is always follow in the footsteps of a person who've been there bought the tshirt and you can see proven results. Mick Jagger is that person. I've read his fitness book, I'm still on step one but it's only been twelve years since I read the book.

As he says. One step at a time. Don't worry about the time it takes, the results speak for themselves. 

Step one. Find a mate called Keef (if you haven't got a mate called Keef, another name, like Dave will do) lounge about for 10 years or so drinking from morning till night and smoke whatever drugs you can get your hands on. Don't worry if this step sees you end up before the courts, all part of your wellbeing journey. 

20240327_184355.jpg

Step 2. After narrowly avoiding death from drink & drug abuse hit this fitness regime for the next 20 years or so. 

Show em Mick. 

the proof is in the pudding. Mick Jagger is 81.

24 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

My advice is always follow in the footsteps of a person who've been there bought the tshirt and you can see proven results. Mick Jagger is that person. I've read his fitness book, I'm still on step one but it's only been twelve years since I read the book.

As he says. One step at a time. Don't worry about the time it takes, the results speak for themselves. 

Step one. Find a mate called Keef (if you haven't got a mate called Keef, another name, like Dave will do) lounge about for 10 years or so drinking from morning till night and smoke whatever drugs you can get your hands on. Don't worry if this step sees you end up before the courts, all part of your wellbeing journey. 

20240327_184355.jpg

Step 2. After narrowly avoiding death from drink & drug abuse hit this fitness regime for the next 20 years or so. 

Show em Mick. 

the proof is in the pudding. Mick Jagger is 81.

They only problem being he’s looked 81 since about 81 

On 25/03/2024 at 13:13, littletedwest said:

Yep if you're too lazy go to a gym you've paid for you'll probably be too lazy do 'free' exercise

I am indeed.

On 26/03/2024 at 12:41, 3 Stacks said:

I really am. It's an industrial complex. The fitness industry in general is as bad as anything in terms of fraudulency. 

You used to really like the fym and that gym instructor, what happened?

11 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Always makes me laugh and I constantly take the piss in our gym out of. The people who drive 5 or 10 mins to the gym to jump on a cross trainer. Do 1/2 hour then drive home.

If it's the routine they need to get the headspace to do something, then what business is it of yours?

They might work from home these days and are happy enough with the excuse to get out the house on the reg.

Besides, isn't it better to have people funding the gym that don't want the same equipment you want to use?

4 minutes ago, Pidge said:

If it's the routine they need to get the headspace to do something, then what business is it of yours?

They might work from home these days and are happy enough with the excuse to get out the house on the reg.

Besides, isn't it better to have people funding the gym that don't want the same equipment you want to use?

Of course it's my business. You get a new haircut in our place everyone will take the piss. If you are a member you are a part owner and getting in is like joining the Masons. Any member who has a problem with an applicant can veto. Applications are closed at the Mo. It was 8 quid a month for the last 10 years or so, just gone up to 15. 24hr swipe card access has everything but shit like 1 shower and crap bogs and heating than sometimes don't work is the only downside.

19 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Of course it's my business. You get a new haircut in our place everyone will take the piss. If you are a member you are a part owner and getting in is like joining the Masons. Any member who has a problem with an applicant can veto. Applications are closed at the Mo. It was 8 quid a month for the last 10 years or so, just gone up to 15. 24hr swipe card access has everything but shit like 1 shower and crap bogs and heating than sometimes don't work is the only downside.

Sounds boss 

• Upvote 1

I fuck about on a Sunday. Curls, sit ups some stretching etc no real lifting. If I am alone and doing some curls and someone walks in whoever it is I can guarantee the first thing they will say after hello is 'You off to the beach?'

It's not all shit and bravado I've seen it and done it myself, stay behind an hour to help out a kid who is just starting out. Put down the heavy stuff and get the movement right. We have had an Olympic weight lifter, a member of the coaching team of a 6 nations squad as members so it is bang on. So yeah we take the piss if you drive to go on the cross trainer.

I'm very lucky it is part of my being.