You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our best first XI?

El Rojo

A good problem for Jurgen from now on, with just about everybody who will be back except Tsimikas there or thereabouts. 

What's our best XI?

I think most of it picks itself, but I'm stuck on Trent/Bradley and Endo/Mac Allister. Horses for courses, maybe. 

I wouldn't be in favour of moving Trent into midfield as that means someone else good has to drop out. 

Also, Joe Gomez has been magnificent over the last few months. 

Alisson, Trent, Konate, VVD, Robertson, Mac Allister, Szlobo, Jones, Salah, Nunez, Jota

Bradley, Gomez, Endo and Diaz on after 60 mins. 

Alisson

Trent

Virg

Joël

Robbo

Macca

Curtis

Dom

Mo

Diogo

Lucho

That leaves us with a fucking strong bench: Elliott, Gravenberch, Gakpo and Nuñez if we need to open things up; Endo, Gomez and Bradley if we need to shut things down.

12 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Becker

Gomez

Van Dijk

Konate

Robbo

Macca

Endo

Szoboszlai

Salah

Nunez

Jota

Still think Jones isn't quite physically assertive enough to start ahead of those 3. 

Bradley for Robertson there and I would agree with you

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Alisson, Trent, Konate, VVD, Robertson, Mac Allister, Szlobo, Jones, Salah, Nunez, Jota

I'd swap Gomez for Robertson currently.

Its still way too early to say Connor Bradley would be in our best eleven. He's played two league games!

18 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

You have to pick on CURRENT form. (or from the last time they were available etc)

Therefore it is 

Ali

Bradley

Konate

VVD

Gomez

Endo

Mac

Dom

Mo

Nunez

Jota

Not sure if Mo or Dom are available for Burnley but if they are that's my lineup, with Gomez for Konate as he's suspended. Got to take the risk with Thiago with City looming and Burnley at home is probably the best game you could have to start.

My belief is that we are a far stronger team with a solid and settled back 4, minimising this inverted fullback nonsense and playing more traditionally where the fullbacks boss their respective wings and bomb forward whenever possible.

For that reason I'd start Bradley - Konate - Virg - Robbo whenever possible.

Ally picks himself, but up front I'd personally go with Mo, Jota and Darwin. Goals, guile and pace.

Midfield is the most contentious (and rotated), again personally I'd go with Szobo, Macca plus one...and that one would probably be Trent.

Alisson

Bradley

Konate

Virg

Robbo

Macca

Trent

Szobo

Jota

Darwin

Mo

22 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

My belief is that we are a far stronger team with a solid and settled back 4, minimising this inverted fullback nonsense and playing more traditionally where the fullbacks boss their respective wings and bomb forward whenever possible.

For that reason I'd start Bradley - Konate - Virg - Robbo whenever possible.

Ally picks himself, but up front I'd personally go with Mo, Jota and Darwin. Goals, guile and pace.

Midfield is the most contentious (and rotated), again personally I'd go with Szobo, Macca plus one...and that one would probably be Trent.

Alisson

Bradley

Konate

Virg

Robbo

Macca

Trent

Szobo

Jota

Darwin

Mo

Our "best XI" has one of our most gifted players in a position he never plays for us, instead of the position in which he's played when we've gone from mid-table dogshit to serious contenders on four fronts?

I'm just heading over to the "Jürgen's Replacement"thread...